Dream Thread

Talk about anything general that doesn't fit into any other category.
ruberbandman9

Dream Thread

Postby ruberbandman9 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:47 pm

Post your weird and/or interesting dreams here. Anything from the past counts.

My dreams are usually boring, but I've notices a few reoccuring events in them. Such as visiting a past location I haven't been to in a long time (my old house for instance), frivolously trying to run away from something, and being in a high-up place then sometimes falling from it.

Justwatching
MBTI code: INTJ

Dream Thread

Postby Justwatching » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:13 am

I'm going to the airport with a friend (haven't known her long). Not sure who we're picking up - someone she knows. There's an atrium/lobby we're walking through. That's where it happens. Everybody starts looking at me. Everyone within 20 feet backs away from me, forming a large circle around me, their faces covered in shock and concern. An echoing sound of whispering and gossip starts of emerge. Wanting out of whatever it is I'm in, I step forward toward my friend. "No, they think you're a terrorist" she sharply announces. "Eh?" I think, confused. I look around, trying to see who she's referring to. There's an armed guard aiming at me! I'm torn between wanting to move out of the way and complying with the instruction to stay still. I can feel the adrenaline building and my heart starting to race - I'm panicking. I turn back to her and ask what to do. She gives me nothing - just a shrug and concerned look. So I turn to the crowd and start to plea my innocence " I'm not a ...I haven't done anything..." BANG! The fucker shoots me in the head. I black out on the spot.

I wake up in her flat, laid on the sofa. It's dark, lit only by candle light. She's sitting next to me. There's a large bandage around my head. I sit up, putting my hand on the back of my head and feel a crater where the back of my skull would be. "SOME OF MY FUCKING BRAIN IS MISSING!" I exclaim. I start demanding explanations. Why'd they shoot me? Why Aren't I in hospital? Etc. She starts getting all kissy and cuddly, trying to comfort me, telling me not to think about it anymore. It placates me momentarily, but thoughts of unanswered questions soon return. My head (what's left of it) fills with paranoia. Why's she so keen for me to forget about it? Why didn't she take me to a hospital? She was pretty damn quick to move away at the airport - before the others. Did she know it was going to happen? Thinking about the walk through the airport, weren't arrivals in the other direction? The whole thing doesn't add up. I push her away and confront her about, but the dream ends before I get answers.

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Dream Thread

Postby Kurtis » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:47 am

Justwatching wrote: but the dream ends before I get answers.

:D Always the way!

That's quite a fascinating dream! Well, it sounds more like a nightmare... :idunno:

-

I usually get dreams like that when I'm oversleeping and my body tries to 'force' me awake. There was one where I was in a hotel of some sort and a guy who could screach extremely loud. Anyone who befell that screach were killed (or knocked out.) There was me and a group of us in a room. One of the windows was smashed in another room so me and a couple of other guys went to investigate it. When we went, we saw like a small army outside the window and the guy in question. He went into the main room where everyone (except us) still were and screached everyone. Everyone of course gets knocked out. We were saved for some bizarre reason because the wood bounced most of the sound back into the room. So we covered up all the gaps around the doors and a chase starts around the place. We end up in another room and he gets angry because he can't get to us and does a screech again that destroys all the windows nearby. We go into another room and I think he was waiting there (I can't remember now for certain), he pulls his screach and I feel my head starting to shut down, and that's when I wake up!

-

They're scary in a way dreams like that, yet they're fascinating just the same. It's frustrating sometimes though trying to recollect a dream yet the details of it are sketchy. They can useful for story ideas though! :D

Have you heard of lucid dreaming?

Justwatching
MBTI code: INTJ

Dream Thread

Postby Justwatching » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:20 pm

Kurtis wrote:
Have you heard of lucid dreaming?

Yeah. Lucid dreams are very rare for me though. Most of the time the dream terminates moments after I gain awareness. Strange that I don't realise I'm dreaming more often - there are usually obvious signs.

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Dream Thread

Postby SandWshooter » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:03 am

Mine are all violent or about food
Hi, mac!

Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

Dream Thread

Postby Annie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:22 pm

Most recent one was me lying in bed feeling my stomach and I could feel a leg growing inside of it. It isn't stupidly disturbing but wasn't great.
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

Return to “General”