What are you gaming?

For discussions about art; including film, music, drawing, painting, etc.
Alty

What are you gaming?

Postby Alty » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 pm

For me atm it's

Guildwars 2
Borderlands 2
Battlefield 3
Black ops 2
Tomb Raider

All the above games, apart from tomb raider, are muliplayer but I try to stay away from the teamspeak. I find it's way too distracting but it does give good co ordinaters massive advantages especially in bf3. However, if any introvert gamers would like to hook up with me on any games we could form a squad and start kicking some ass. :)

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

What are you gaming?

Postby Kurtis » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Tomb Raider

TOMB RAIDER! Cool! :D

At the moment, my favourite (in a weird way) game is World of Tanks. I like it because whilst it's a team-game, it's a game that requires a bit of thinking and strategy action; every tank has a dedicated purpose in battle. My favourite tank (or series anyway) is the Churchill, but it does drive me a little insane when I get put into tier 8's in a tier 6 vehicle.

I just finished replaying 'Spyro - a New Beginning,' but I didn't particularly take to it much. I've gone on the hunt for other older PS2 games being the console I currently have.

IWHMA
MBTI code: INFP

What are you gaming?

Postby IWHMA » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Neat, Kurtis, I miss Spyro games.

I have a ton of games, most of which I have stopped playing. The only game I have actively played in the past year is Minecraft. I stopped when Technik left me (he introduced me to the game). I pretty much got over that, and I really want to play again, but I am disciplining myself not to even OPEN that program until my semester is over. I would be getting... pffft, I'd be getting negative work done, haha.

Justice
MBTI code: ISTJ

What are you gaming?

Postby Justice » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:37 am

IWHMA wrote:I stopped when Technik left me (he introduced me to the game). I pretty much got over that.

Wait, what :?: :!:

Snowcrow
MBTI code: INTJ

What are you gaming?

Postby Snowcrow » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:40 am

The only game I play these days is mechwarrior online.
It's so addictive and fun :D

IWHMA

What are you gaming?

Postby IWHMA » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Justice wrote:Wait, what :?: :!:

Oh, right, you never really heard about that... heh... Technik left me a month and a half ago, just before our first anniversary (also, we were engaged).

I don't know what else to say on that, except I was very hurt and I didn't do anything to deserve it. Also that I am doing better now. :) (You're one of the few people who don't know; if you want to know more you can ask me privately).

You kinda missed that because I.F. went out and I couldn't post about those things. :P

Video games? Carry on. :D

Molly
MBTI code: ISFJ

What are you gaming?

Postby Molly » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:08 pm

I found an old retro game online, called Sandbox of God which is cool. Its basically making choices for the world, in order that it grows and prospers. Reminds me of Populous, which I adored. In Sandbox of God, the graphics are really 2D and "clunky", but it passes the time when I'm not busy.
All my best ideas happen when I sleep.

Alty

What are you gaming?

Postby Alty » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:24 pm

@ Kurtis, I remember Spyro that was a pretty cool 3d platformer game.

@ IWHMA, I was also slightly shocked when I heard that, I thought that things were going well as you'd gotten engaged. I missed the boat on Minecraft, not sure if I'd like it, but I'd be willing to give it a try when I get fed up of the games I'm currently playing.

@ Snowcrow, that game looks cool, I think I might check it out eventually as I remember playing this years ago on the snes or something and I really liked upgrading my mech etc

@ Molly, I used to love populus and have toiled away for many long hours on that game back in the 90's so Sandbox of God sounds good.

No Battlefield 3 players here? What about SandWshooter he seems to be into war related things?

SandWshooter

What are you gaming?

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:27 pm

Alty wrote:No Battlefield 3 players here? What about SandWshooter he seems to be into war related things?

I've played through it, but I don't play games online very often. My connection isn't that great sometimes, and I usually don't feel like putting the time into it (and when I do, I end up getting bored with it fairly quickly)
Hi, mac!

Alty

What are you gaming?

Postby Alty » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Yeah I got to admit that allot of single player games, I get bored of fairly quickly but things like BF3 I can spend more time on because people are insanely talented at that in multiplayer modes and I like the challange of trying to improve my game. It is disheartening when you first start playing and get killed about 5 times before making a kill so these games have a very steep learning curve that I think pushes allot of noobs away. I wish they had leagues whereby people with the same skill set could play together to make games fairer. Plus there's people who hack apparently.

IWHMA

What are you gaming?

Postby IWHMA » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Alty wrote:@ IWHMA, I was also slightly shocked when I heard that, I thought that things were going well as you'd gotten engaged. I missed the boat on Minecraft, not sure if I'd like it, but I'd be willing to give it a try when I get fed up of the games I'm currently playing.

Yeah, well it wasn't exactly something I was wanting to just announce to random people, although I'd have told you if we'd been talking more (it was only last month, mind you). :D

Minecraft is fun. I don't think it's for everyone though. It takes a special kind of nerd, hehee. :geek:

scott85

What are you gaming?

Postby scott85 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:46 am

I can't seem to get back into video games. I've played almost 1st person shooter ever made and got really burned out on them. I played other stuff too but FPS really took a toll on me.

took a break for awhile and tried to get back in it, no luck. I guess I'm just not sure what's good anymore and my standards for games are pretty high I guess.

back when the playstation 2 first came out I bought it, used for less than 30 days and I actually returned it. I wasn't too impressed. right now I have a PS3 and thats it. Had a Wii but sold it before the Wii U came out

might try minecraft I guess I heard thats good
People that don't understand you can't help you

Alty

What are you gaming?

Postby Alty » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:02 pm

scott85 wrote:I can't seem to get back into video games. I've played almost 1st person shooter ever made and got really burned out on them. I played other stuff too but FPS really took a toll on me.

took a break for awhile and tried to get back in it, no luck. I guess I'm just not sure what's good anymore and my standards for games are pretty high I guess.

back when the playstation 2 first came out I bought it, used for less than 30 days and I actually returned it. I wasn't too impressed. right now I have a PS3 and thats it. Had a Wii but sold it before the Wii U came out

might try minecraft I guess I heard thats good

Maybe this might help you to get back into gaming.

I know I'm looking forward to it as it'll be a change to the existing over used formats.

Virtual Reality Headsets - V 2.0

http://www.oculusvr.com/

Dutchman
MBTI code: ENTJ

What are you gaming?

Postby Dutchman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:18 pm

The last game I played was Mario kart 64. That game is CLASSIC and the most competitive game I ever played.

Molly

What are you gaming?

Postby Molly » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:29 pm

I am ace at Mario Kart. I have the speedy starts off to perfection, which always give me the edge on winning :D
All my best ideas happen when I sleep.

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator

What are you gaming?

Postby Kurtis » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Dutchman wrote:The last game I played was Mario kart 64. That game is CLASSIC and the most competitive game I ever played.

Molly wrote:I am ace at Mario Kart. I have the speedy starts off to perfection, which always give me the edge on winning :D

We must race!

I used to love Mario Kart!

IWHMA

What are you gaming?

Postby IWHMA » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:26 pm

Can I join the Mario Kart race!? :)

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator

What are you gaming?

Postby Kurtis » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:32 pm

IWHMA wrote:Can I join the Mario Kart race!? :)

But of course!
What was the limit of players? It was eight aside wasn't it?

Alty

What are you gaming?

Postby Alty » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:00 am

My favourite mario kart character is toad. I been playing this again on my sons nintendo 3ds. I keep the 3d switched off for him as he is under 6. The 3d mode seems to fatigue my eyes after a short period. But I read somewhere the other day that it is actually good for you because it will exercise the muscles in the weaker eye.... I'm going to have to do some more research on that to find out if it's true.

Dutchman
MBTI code: ENTJ

What are you gaming?

Postby Dutchman » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Yeah, eight players max. I'm totally down for this, it must be possible online or something. I don't really have much knowledge about games and online gaming in general because I never really game. Mario Kart isn't really a game though, it's a way of life.

DrD831

What are you gaming?

Postby DrD831 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:22 pm

My favorite game I'm playing now is the Assassins Creed series on PS3 and Sid Myers Civilization 5 on PC.
The Gentleman himself Mr. Devon R. Delgado

LoneApothecary
MBTI code: INTP

What are you gaming?

Postby LoneApothecary » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 pm

I'm currently playing through some games on my 3DS and WiiU. I bought 3 of the games in the Rune Factory series a while ago, and I've been playing through those. I should've had 4, but they mixed up one of my orders, so I had to send a game back, and now I'm waiting for them to exchange it and send me back the right game. I also got Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, which has sapped away a good chunk of my free time.
"By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains fall out."

SandWshooter

What are you gaming?

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Fallout: New Vegas
Hi, mac!

Satchmo

What are you gaming?

Postby Satchmo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:08 am

SandWshooter wrote:Fallout: New Vegas

Great game, but with the Fallout games I always find a way to break them and skip half the main quest just by exploring.

I am on break for school and I have two weeks of nothing to do, so I'm playing through the Mass Effect series from start to finish.

SandWshooter

What are you gaming?

Postby SandWshooter » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:03 am

Satchmo wrote:Great game, but with the Fallout games I always find a way to break them and skip half the main quest just by exploring.

I am on break for school and I have two weeks of nothing to do, so I'm playing through the Mass Effect series from start to finish.

Meh. I usually set out to do *everything* so the game lasts longer.

I was playing through Mass Effect 3, but stopped for Lent and haven't started back up again. I just don't really feel like playing it, you know?
Hi, mac!

Alty

What are you gaming?

Postby Alty » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:48 am

I really enjoyed the first 2 mass effect games. But the third one, for some reason, I just couldn't get into. So after a few hours of play I left it....

Am I missing out? Should I give the third one more time?

Also, playing Bioshock Infinite at the moment on my laptop - so far, so good. Nice graphics but imo (technically) graphically inferior compared with crysis 3 on ultra, however very immersive in terms of story and ambience etc.

SandWshooter

What are you gaming?

Postby SandWshooter » Thu May 02, 2013 1:26 am

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

I'm not doing well at the stealthy aspect of the game; at least, not the kind of stealth they want me to use. By my definition of it (shoot everyone in the head before they figure out you're there), I'm doing great!
Hi, mac!

SandWshooter

What are you gaming?

Postby SandWshooter » Thu May 02, 2013 2:14 am

Okay, I beat it
Hi, mac!

SandWshooter

What are you gaming?

Postby SandWshooter » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:30 am

Just finished Metro: Last Light; It's one of the better (new) games I've played through recently, and I highly recommend it
Hi, mac!

Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

What are you gaming?

Postby Annie » Mon May 05, 2014 10:21 pm

I am currently playing Tropico 4. Only 2 levels to go!
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

SandWshooter

What are you gaming?

Postby SandWshooter » Mon May 05, 2014 10:23 pm

All the STALKER games
Hi, mac!

Snowcrow

What are you gaming?

Postby Snowcrow » Sat May 10, 2014 1:44 pm

Broken age :D
Love the art style. So glad I backed it on kickstarter.

Class

What are you gaming?

Postby Class » Sat May 10, 2014 11:27 pm

Kerbal Space Program :D

Justice

What are you gaming?

Postby Justice » Sun May 11, 2014 3:39 pm

Am I getting bullied if I say I don't know any of those games? Maybe it's because I'm from another far away country :D

SandWshooter

What are you gaming?

Postby SandWshooter » Sun May 11, 2014 7:34 pm

Justice wrote:Am I getting bullied if I say I don't know any of those games? Maybe it's because I'm from another far away country :D

Yep, we're gonna take your lunch money. That'll learn you
Hi, mac!

SandWshooter

What are you gaming?

Postby SandWshooter » Fri May 16, 2014 6:28 am

Been playing STALKER: Clear Sky recently, and I'm really getting to like opening folks' minds with the SVD from 400-500+ yards away, as when I've played previously, I didn't ever really get wealthy enough to get my hands on the SVD, upgrade it, and get anyone to sell me ammo for it

It sure beats having to get within 150 yards of folks and dropping 5.45 on them, hoping they don't get a bead on me
Hi, mac!

SandWshooter

What are you gaming?

Postby SandWshooter » Tue May 20, 2014 12:50 am

Jagged Alliance 2. Fun, but suuuuuuuper slow
Hi, mac!

Annie

What are you gaming?

Postby Annie » Wed May 21, 2014 12:47 pm

I just completed Tropico 4 last night. I now have 12 missions of the expansion to complete now :D
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

SandWshooter

What are you gaming?

Postby SandWshooter » Thu May 22, 2014 4:19 am

I beat Jagged Alliance 2 at like 6:00 this morning (took heavy casualties taking the main airport and dictator's mansion, though) and played through The Darkness II today. Tomorrow, I'm going to start Sleeping Dogs and maybe Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business

Annie, I keep seeing stuff about Tropico 5
Hi, mac!

Tsuki

What are you gaming?

Postby Tsuki » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:11 am

Currently I've been playing Skullgirls, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pokemon X.
I also play Tera online but I haven't been able to play it recently since my laptop has gone to get fixed due to an overheating problem.
I finished Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword the other day and now I might play Sonic Adventure to complete the extra stuff on it :D

Return to “Creative Arts”