Anyone here with artistic inclinations?

For discussions about art; including film, music, drawing, painting, etc.
Sunny49
MBTI code: ISFP

Postby Sunny49 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:35 pm

I play piano and now I started learning guitar. I´d also like to learn bass and drums :P
I write songs and I sometimes paint and draw, but I don´t really consider myself a visual artist. Oh, yeah, I also like photography. And dance. I´d like to take some dance class, but I never get the chance to.

Anyway, how about you?

You can also share some of your creations here if you want. :)

Molly
MBTI code: ISFJ

Postby Molly » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:32 pm

I do too much to list here. I have tried every creative output known to man, but the few that have stayed with me are fiction writing, drawing/ painting, and photography. I also play the didgeridoo, and bang around on drums sometimes. I tried drama class, but didn't like it much (too social, lol), and I dance like a drunk budgie, so that's not good.

Dunno whether I'm brave enough to share anything...but I might sometime.
All my best ideas happen when I sleep.

Sunny49

Postby Sunny49 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Didgeridoo? Oh, that´s interesting! And I also tried drama class, but that´s not for me, lol :D

IWHMA
MBTI code: INFP

Postby IWHMA » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:45 am

SF types are so artsy! :D

They say INFPs are supposed to be good at art, but... not me? Not a lot anyway. I am left-brained, at least I believe so. A left-brained INFP is a rarity.

I do music really well, but that's because of my intuitive and mathematical understanding thereof. Unfortunately, I'd need lessons to get really good at an instrument, but I can learn the basics just by holding one. I can also sing really well, but no one gets to hear that, ever. :D

Once in a great while, I'll be an amazing drawer. Then it goes away again. It's very strange.

I am good at writing philosophy.

I am great with colors. Again, that's mostly intuitive and math-based, though.

Sunny49

Postby Sunny49 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:20 am

Math-based colors? Can you elaborate?

Kaspi
MBTI code: INTJ

Postby Kaspi » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:02 pm

I like being creative, but so far, I am not happy with the results. :D

From musical talents, all I can do is whistle.

I have also tried writing in the past, but I´m afraid I am not good at making up stories, and I don´t enjoy writing stuff.

As a kid, I have spent about 7 years going to a drawing/painting school (once a week, hobby kind of thing) but I think I was never a Rembrandt material. Then I left drawing for some time. And few years ago, I have slowly started to get back to it, trying again. I have tried to draw some comics, but I think the result was shit so I stopped trying. Now, I am trying to learn about animation. It´s still drawing, it´s very time consuming, but it moves in the end, which I like because I am childish.

So, that´s it. More than enough about me. :D

IWHMA

Postby IWHMA » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:14 pm

Sunny49 wrote:Math-based colors? Can you elaborate?

Remember when we were trying to pick out color schemes for this forum? When matching colors like that, it feels the same as math to me, as doing things with numbers. Both are very intuitive for me, so it's difficult to explain. I just know colors, automatically. I can match colors wonderfully. And whenever anyone shows me two colors, I know automatically what it will look like of you mix them.

Sunny49

Postby Sunny49 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:28 pm

Hmm....interesting.

SpoonGirl
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby SpoonGirl » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:10 am

I do a lot of writing and drawing. Well more drawing as of late. I mainly draw in anime or cartoon styles, but I've progressively moved to a semi-realistic style. I also enjoy making comics.

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Postby Kurtis » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:50 pm

SpoonGirl wrote:I do a lot of writing and drawing. Well more drawing as of late. I mainly draw in anime or cartoon styles, but I've progressively moved to a semi-realistic style. I also enjoy making comics.

I like your avatar! Did you draw it or find it somewhere?

SpoonGirl

Postby SpoonGirl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:00 am

Kurtis wrote:I like your avatar! Did you draw it or find it somewhere?

Thanks! I did draw it myself.

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby SandWshooter » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:03 am

SpoonGirl wrote:
Thanks! I did draw it myself.

That's awesome
Hi, mac!

IWHMA

Postby IWHMA » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:10 am

She draws AWESOME! I love when she draws me stuff. :cutehug:

Skywalker

Postby Skywalker » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:12 pm

I play the guitar a lot.
People tell me I'm good at writing but I lack both inspiration and motivation for that. I also have a little radio show if that's considered creative.

LoneApothecary
MBTI code: INTP

Postby LoneApothecary » Thu May 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Yep, I'd have to say I have artistic inclinations. I used to be really fond of drawing when I was young. I also got into painting in high school, but I got preoccupied with other subjects, and my visual art skills atrophied over time. I had a very hard time mustering up the motivation to work towards improving them again. I also became rather fond of writing in grade 12, and that fondness has endured; however, going to school really seems to exhaust me, but now that I'm finished my college program, my inspiration is returning to me, and I'm starting to regain the motivation to pick up visual arts again, and I'm also writing more.
"By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains fall out."

Elin
Facebook: Elin Calliel

Postby Elin » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:06 pm

I am an artist. I draw and paint. I love doing nudes but also do landscapes, wildlife, portraiture, animals, anything that catches my eye really. I have sold quite a few but I tend towards precise detail in my work (my style is often old school classic stuff - I don't get modern abstract art) so it may take months to finish a painting. It is definitely meditative therapy for me. When I'm "in the zone" nothing else exists and I'm blissfully cut off from the rest of the world. I'm right brained so I'm utterly lame at maths.

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Postby Kurtis » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:23 pm

Elin wrote:I am an artist. I draw and paint. I love doing nudes but also do landscapes, wildlife, portraiture, animals, anything that catches my eye really. I have sold quite a few but I tend towards precise detail in my work (my style is often old school classic stuff - I don't get modern abstract art) so it may take months to finish a painting. It is definitely meditative therapy for me. When I'm "in the zone" nothing else exists and I'm blissfully cut off from the rest of the world. I'm right brained so I'm utterly lame at maths.

I'm quite similar in this sense, whenever I'm in 'the zone' (which is usually making or playing music for me), literally nothing else exists and I'm in my own thoughts taken to long since distant lands. Films have a very similar effect (and is apart of the reason I want to make them), though a film usually has to grip me in first which can take a short-while.

Elin
Facebook: Elin Calliel

Postby Elin » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:38 pm

I get like that when I find a good book to read. I am totally absorbed. As they say - its like a movie....in your head.

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:51 pm

I can't art :(
Hi, mac!

Cindycs

Postby Cindycs » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:47 am

Yes, I have taken painting classes for a few years. Taken several portrait painting classes, which are hard for me, but love paintings, art and reading about art.

Cindycs

Postby Cindycs » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:02 am

Think I goofed on my last post. I have taken painting classes for a few years. I'm taking online drawing classes. I've also taken several portrait classes. My favorite subject, but not easy to do. I love reading about artists , art and creativity.

Creativespirit

Postby Creativespirit » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:03 pm

I just love reading all of your posts! This is great--you guys are kindred spirits! I developed a passion for writing at age 11 or so, and painting/drawing at 14. Love any sort of creative pursuit. Currently, besides the above, I'm (mostly)hand-sewing a 19th century dress, and writing an American opera. Have the libretto pretty much sketched out, can hardly wait to spend time writing lyrics in detail, and music. When I have the time, which will take several years! (As probably many of you, I could "hear" music in my head, starting in childhood, but didn't have money--or supportive parents-- to have music lessons (sigh.)

ruberbandman9

Postby ruberbandman9 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:33 pm

I enjoy drawing and composing music, but I have yet to get particularly good at either of them. My musical talent probably has a lot more potential, so I'll probably work on that first.

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:04 pm

ruberbandman9 wrote:I enjoy drawing and composing music, but I have yet to get particularly good at either of them. My musical talent probably has a lot more potential, so I'll probably work on that first.

Keep at it, you'll get better. If you're really good you'll probably not think it's good enough, though
Hi, mac!

Justwatching
MBTI code: INTJ

Postby Justwatching » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:04 pm

Started drumming again after a 4 year hiatus. So rusty. I was shocked - thought I'd fall straight back into it. Nope. Legs feel like they have lead bars attached to them, wrists frozen stiff.

Made a mighty fine penguin the other day whilst playing with my friend's stash of clay. Don't think I've got much talent in sculpting, but it did entertain me for a while.

Return to “Creative Arts”