Do you make any music?

For discussions about art; including film, music, drawing, painting, etc.
Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Do you make any music?

Postby Kurtis » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:10 am

Okay, many introverts are quite creative so I'm wondering who on here makes music. If you do, please say and if you've got anything to link do so! :D We don't bite!

I'll start it off.

I primarily make orchestral music, something that you might find in films. I want to eventually merge film / animation with music in the long run. I've always listened to music with a lot of instrumentation and melodies because I find a lot more to appreciate than simple beats and loops. If you're interested in hearing, here's my most recent track that I did a few months back:

If you have a Soundcloud link, don't forget you can link to it by inputting your username in your UCP so everyone can see it when you post things or check your profile. If you have anything specific to link to though, feel free to do so here (or make your own topic)!

Andy
MBTI code: INFP

Do you make any music?

Postby Andy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:17 am

I used to enjoy doing improvs on the flute and writing some sheet music on what feels right at the time. I haven't done it in a long time since I got busy with work and stuff (that, and I'm no professional :P). At some point I would like to get into it more, but in due time. I found some neat software out there for creating orchestral music... I have to say, those have more than one time drew my eye.

I enjoyed listening to your work there. It was quite soothing.

above90decibels

Re: Do you make any music?

Postby above90decibels » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:04 pm

Yep, me too. I use Notion 5 as my notation software. Although I write in a progressive symphonic rock/metal vein.

MrCawfle
MBTI code: INTJ
Facebook: Nimrod Funk

Postby MrCawfle » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:13 am

Irish tinwhistle and both failed blues guitar and Chicago Blues Harp. The harp was the only thing I really dug. Blues guitar really IS rocket science. This is a funny story but my teeth REALLY were irritated by the buzzing of the harp. So I stopped. Now after about 5 years of Sensodyne Toothpaste, it doesn't hurt. I just picked up some books and CD's to see if I can go back to where I left off.

TBC...

If memory serves, Apollo (mellow lute) and Pan (raucous flute) had a contest to see which music was better. I'd go with Pan. I'm a quiet person but I don't like quiet music!

torpicco

Postby torpicco » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:09 am

I'm not a real musician. I make rhythms and beats so that I can create bg music or "credit" music for my short films. Here's an example.

Engage

Postby Engage » Tue May 31, 2016 2:43 pm

I used to write music, heavy metal mostly and some instrumental pieces. I've always been a better composer than player. Half of the stuff I came up with was from toying around with digital midi sounds. So many unfinished projects, too haha. I don't dabble in music much anymore, however, my life took a slightly dark turn at one point and it's been hard to get inspired.

mattbelly

Postby mattbelly » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:58 pm

I compose electronic downtempo music, with influences from acid and oldschool. Since I only compose music when I stay at home and I only stay at home when my introversion is seriously kicking in, all my music tend to fall into the melancolic side lol... I would really like to share them here but unfortunately this forum is searchable from Google and I don't want to associate my real name with my persona here. I don't mind give you guys my identity, it is just I don't want this post to show up on Google when someone searches for my music :D

Xsolrac
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby Xsolrac » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:58 am

mattbelly wrote:I compose electronic downtempo music, with influences from acid and oldschool. Since I only compose music when I stay at home and I only stay at home when my introversion is seriously kicking in, all my music tend to fall into the melancolic side lol... I would really like to share them here but unfortunately this forum is searchable from Google and I don't want to associate my real name with my persona here. I don't mind give you guys my identity, it is just I don't want this post to show up on Google when someone searches for my music :D

Maybe upload it to soundcloud with a different user name or something? Maybe a PM with a link?, really interested in listening to your work.
Why does it has to be that way?

mattbelly

Postby mattbelly » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:51 am

:thinking: mmmm...

Ok, my music is at tinyurl dot com slash p60ehke.
Sorry about the convoluted URL, it is just to hide it from search engines! :violin:

Return to “Creative Arts”