Audiobooks

For discussions about art; including film, music, drawing, painting, etc.
Lorn

Audiobooks

Postby Lorn » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:42 pm

I picked out a copy of Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book for next week's bus rides, since I've been dying of boredom and people are increasingly xenophobic. I never through I'd like audiobooks because my attention span for the spoken word is a little poor, but I find myself enjoying it and wondering what else is out there.

Anyone have favorites or suggestions? Thoughts on the topic?

I Googled some top lists and found things like Harry Potter, 50 Shades, and dragon erotica. :idunno:

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Audiobooks

Postby Kurtis » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:00 pm

If you like Doctor Who, there's a few Audiobooks out there by Big Finish. I've not listened to them yet (finding the time where I can sit down and just listen rather than having it in the background), but they're supposed to be good. I've heard snippets from fan-made animations over the past year or so and they seem quite good. The ones I'm interested in listening to are the Dalek episodes and maybe the Cybermen in the future, and then whatever tags along.

Lorn

Audiobooks

Postby Lorn » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:03 pm

Kurtis wrote:If you like Doctor Who, there's a few Audiobooks out there by Big Finish. I've not listened to them yet (finding the time where I can sit down and just listen rather than having it in the background), but they're supposed to be good. I've heard snippets from fan-made animations over the past year or so and they seem quite good. The ones I'm interested in listening to are the Dalek episodes and maybe the Cybermen in the future, and then whatever tags along.

I would love that. I've been suffering between seasons. :CryingBoy:

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Audiobooks

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:53 am

My buddy listens to tons of audiobooks, mostly because he has dyslexia. I haven't ever really tried them, but I reckon I'd probably still prefer regular ol' paper books
Hi, mac!

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Audiobooks

Postby Kurtis » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:35 pm

SandWshooter wrote:My buddy listens to tons of audiobooks, mostly because he has dyslexia. I haven't ever really tried them, but I reckon I'd probably still prefer regular ol' paper books

For stories, I'll always prefer film / television I think. The only negative part of that is where films are based on books and cut out a lot of needed plot information and the film often feels dry and cut up as a result. Harry Potter was a good example of that, I actually liked them books (except Goblet of Fire, Rowling dragged on for eternity in that one) but I never really took to the movies, especially after the second one.

I've actually got a couple of Novels (Eragon) lying around which I bought on a whim in a bookstore a couple of years ago, but I've never gotten round to reading them. I should one day, because I do usually enjoy reading - especially when I get into it. I just don't do it particularly often! It can also provide inspiration (along with both film and music) for my own imagination and has often made me want to develop my own works in the past.

Mads
MBTI code: ISTP

Audiobooks

Postby Mads » Mon May 19, 2014 10:41 am

You should try "Pale blue Dot" by Carl Sagan. The book itself is really good and he gives us a really good perspective of our future. And his voice narrating the book is SUPER relaxing.

Return to “Creative Arts”