Weather

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
Wackyducky11

Weather

Postby Wackyducky11 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:40 am

I love sunny days. This type of weather gets me in the mood to do things, sit outside in the sun reading, or just thinking but people want me to do "outdoor things" and this take away my favorite activities. I've always hated rainy days, I find them depressing and boring but over time, I've come to appreciate rainy days more as it allows me to be alone when I need to be and not feel quilty about cancelling or anxious about anything.

Anyone else feels the same way?

I apologise for any confusion, English isn't my first language.

13m3c4f6

Postby 13m3c4f6 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Yep, I personally do like rain too.
There are multiple reasons why people (especially introverts) might like rain, for example:
Rain creates some kind of white noise that can have a calming effect on some people.
As you already mentioned, it lowers expectations. One can be alone, won't need to cancel any plans with friends who might by disappointed.
For some people the sun feels overstimulating, something the rain does not.
As far as I'm concerned, I also like rain because people wear raincoats, hoods, umbrellas and all that stuff. These act like "barriers" and I feel... more invisible? Anonymous? I'm not sure how to say that.
There are probably way more reasons but these are the ones that came to my mind right now.

mafta

Re: Weather

Postby mafta » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:45 pm

I prefer cloudy days because I hate to do "outdoor things". When there is cold or rainy outside I can spend time at home and when weather is sunny my family members tell me to go out and this is so annoying.

Return to “Introversion”