I've made a terrible mistake and am seriously regretting it

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
EmeraldLion

I've made a terrible mistake and am seriously regretting it

Postby EmeraldLion » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:14 pm

So my friend texts me that her church is having a youth group at her house and if I would like to come. Now, as we all know, it's always nice to be invited places... But going? Mmmmmmnot so much. But I said that I'd be there. Every youth group I've been to, they kinda force inclusion and make everybody talk. I can't speak in these situations in the spot, I've gotta think first. I hate being forced to say something when I don't have anything to say. Then when I saw I don't have anything to say on a matter, it'll go quiet and they'll just look at me, still apparently thinking I'm gonna say something.

So yeah, I'm mentally preparing myself right now. I'm feeling exhausted just thinking about going (that's partly because I'm lazy...). I know I won't know anybody and they'll all know each other (since I don't go to her church) and I'll feel alone. I've been in these situations enough to know that any attemp at socializing is worthless. I get talked over, interrupted, etc... Apparently my voice is really quiet. Or so I've been told.. So yeah, I'm wishing I didn't say yes.

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Re: I've made a terrible mistake and am seriously regretting it

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Just roll with it the best you can, might as well see if it'll work out for you instead of immediately dismissing it outright
Hi, mac!

Return to “Introversion”