An introvert that likes to host?

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
gotlembas
MBTI code: INFJ

An introvert that likes to host?

Postby gotlembas » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:22 pm

I've always considered myself to be a very introverted person, but at the same time, I love to host the occasional party at my house with 5-10 close friends. I've heard that this is a very un-introvert-like thing to do, especially since I'm normally very introverted. But then I seem to have my "moments" like this and have no problem hosting a small party. Does anyone else ever feel like this, like you have sudden moments where you do very non introvert-like things?

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Re: An introvert that likes to host?

Postby Daisy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:27 am

Welcome golembas It seems to me that you are an ambivert, and not a true introvert,

swift502

Postby swift502 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm extremely introverted, but enjoy entertaining or making speeches in front of people. Not huge crowds, just like 5-10 people (like you :) ).
One of the reasons I think that is, is because as an introvert I'm fairly empathetic and therefore I'm good at sensing how much attention the audience pays to me and enjoy trying to keep everyone interested/entertained. I tear my hair out when someone attracts attention to themselves but fail to recognize the awkward atmosphere, that's when I usually take the lead and do my thing. Maybe it's similar reasons for you?
No need to label yourself as an ambivert in my opinion, especially if, like me for example, you score 99% introversion in all MBTI tests.

gotlembas
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby gotlembas » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:57 am

I agree, I like to take initiative if I feel comfortable around the people that are present. I do score around 99% introversion on all the MBTI tests I've taken, but I think all introverts have their occasional moments where they act a little more extroverted than they normally would.

Return to “Introversion”