Problem with MBTI

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
swift502

Problem with MBTI

Postby swift502 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:14 pm

Sorry if this has been brought up before, if so, please point me to that thread?

Over the years, I've done several MBTI tests, and plenty just recently, because I really wanted to figure out this problem I'm having. I don't fit into any personality type.
I know I'm an IN.. with introversion around 99% and intuition's 70%, but then I'm lost. It's always 50/50 (±10% relative to each test) on the T/F, P/J scales.
I could be:
  • INTP
  • INTJ
  • INFP
  • INFJ

I can live with the feeling that I can't 100% identify with any of the types, which sucks, but what does it actually mean? Am I too young? (Mere 19) Maybe I need to wait a bit so my mind decides on the values it respects, and then I'll know. It sounds like a petty issue, and I didn't bother with it for many years. But I always thought that maybe I just have to wait a bit till I make up my mind. I waited for long enough and nothing changes.
It seems like these personality types help people to learn a lot about themselves, yet here I am, not truly identifying with any of them.

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Re: Problem with MBTI

Postby Kurtis » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:27 am

I would start by asking you what makes you so sure that you're an introverted and intuitive type?

swift502

Re: Problem with MBTI

Postby swift502 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:07 pm

Kurtis wrote:I would start by asking you what makes you so sure that you're an introverted and intuitive type?

Well, the tests say so ...?

I know I'm a hardcore introvert. I also observe that I'm shy and maybe have a bit of social anxiety. Countless times I've been walking outside by myself, thinking about the world's suffering or just trying to imagine mathematical fourth dimension. I see social events and small talk to be an absolute waste of time, parties as mating rituals for extroverts, and am generally uncomfortable to be the center of attention. Library would be my favorite place to be if it wasn't for the risk of having to engage in a social interaction.

As for sensing/intuition, I'm not sure. The definitions seem very vague/unspecific to me. So that's just the test results.

Return to “Introversion”