breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
supervillin
MBTI code: INFJ

breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Postby supervillin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:11 pm

if you had to go out and socialize with friends or family which one would you pick, breakfast, lunch or dinner? and why?

I would choose breakfast, that way its over first thing of the day and i would no longer have to think about it. lunch would be second and dinner would be my last choice. my biggest problem with dinner is having to wait around and worry about having to go out all day, then when i get there i'm already exhausted and tired and even less into spending time with people. but if i go in the morning after a good night sleep, i can semi enjoy the company of others.

what are your thoughts?

tongue35

Re: breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Postby tongue35 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Hmm not breakfast although I understand why it would be best..I'd probably pick lunch..that would give me time to work out and help get me in a more social mood..hurry up and meet, get there, eat and get out of there..I don't necessarily dread it all day long, it depends who is all going..I have never really enjoyed eating out though, just never has been much fun for me..

I remember at my past Job the boss and a few builders would ask me if I wanted to go out for lunch..these were almost mandatory in my eyes and wow did I not enjoy them..it was 90% business talk and the rest was them complaining about the women in their lives..uggh it was tough getting through those..I

llw14
MBTI code: INTJ

Postby llw14 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:39 pm

tongue35 wrote: I remember at my past Job the boss and a few builders would ask me if I wanted to go out for lunch..these were almost mandatory in my eyes and wow did I not enjoy them..it was 90% business talk and the rest was them complaining about the women in their lives..uggh it was tough getting through those..I

Really?? I'd find that entertaining and much less formal and judgemental. Far worse would be an only "business" situation where it feels like me every thing you say and do is under the microscope. At least they were down to earth enough to talk about the women lol.

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:40 pm

Lunch, usually ends up that way anyhow
Hi, mac!

Xsolrac
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby Xsolrac » Tue May 31, 2016 4:26 am

Lunch. I see why some may say breakfast is best, but I love breakfast and dont want to spoil it with social interaction. At lunch I have my energy levels ok and normally am at a normal mood to socialize and talk, plus eating food makes the whole thing more plesant. When its dinner I usually am more tired and not really in the mood to socialize (or to socialize as much) and just end up wanting to go home already.
Why does it has to be that way?

Engage

Postby Engage » Tue May 31, 2016 10:39 pm

When it comes to family, I am more excited. I don't dread the outing, I am simply not always the most social one there.

When I was sick a couple years ago and was having delusions about communication, I was much more stressed because I constantly thought people were trying to insult me, even in the family. Now that that's over I realize I'm still introverted and have some anxiety issues. On the bright side I at least don't get as worn out as I used to.

brian189

Postby brian189 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:57 pm

breakfast first...get it over with
dinner second...greater possibility something will come up and the other person will cancel. And if you have to go "it's been a long day" is a good early exit.
lunch....never. Shoots the whole day down. Can't do anything in the morning because it might run into lunch time. If the other person has no plans, it tends to run way too long. By the time you're done, you don't feel like doing anything you wanted to do that night.

Most important is to try to avoid the invitation altogether by not answering your phone. If they leave a message, you have time to concoct an excuse for not doing it at all.

Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby Annie » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:23 pm

Lunch or dinner - it's usually lunch.
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

Silverneurotic

Postby Silverneurotic » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:58 pm

Having a meal out usually isn't too stressful for me, as long as it is only with one person.

mattbelly

Postby mattbelly » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:09 pm

Probably not breakfast since I'm not an early riser.. lol I prefer dinners, I like quiet restaurants with good food and wine.

DC1346

Postby DC1346 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:16 am

I would choose breakfast just to get the ordeal over with. If we kept it vague and simply said "breakfast" at a location that's open 24/7 like a Denny's, I'd go to breakfast at 3 AM, would actually dine (hopefully by myself) and would then leave. I could then truthfully say that I did go to breakfast but no one was there. What a pity. (Not really.)

crowbones

Postby crowbones » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:32 pm

Did I write this? Because you sound exactly like me...breakfast and all the rest :)

Return to “Introversion”