Children from wealthy families more likely to grow up as extroverts

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Children from wealthy families more likely to grow up as extroverts

Postby Orientalist » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:34 am

I'm not sure I believe this article. I imagine in the UK a lot of wealthy families still send their kids to boarding schools, which try to churn out "leaders" but I think introversion is nature rather than nurture (for the most part).

The article also says that extroverts are 25% more likely to earn over £40,000 a year. That I can believe, because high-paying jobs often require an extrovert personality.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -life.html
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Re: Children from wealthy families more likely to grow up as extroverts

Postby Daisy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:48 am

I read the article, I believe that extroverts earn more money, and hold positions of power, but feel as you do that it's nature, rather than nurture that determines what we are. I can't see why the wealthy are any different in that regard.
I would characterize Prince Charles as an introvert.

nicoclone

Re: Children from wealthy families more likely to grow up as extroverts

Postby nicoclone » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:05 am

Well, maybe not all extrovert always get more money and high position.. maybe they are only working as a salesman or other job.. on the other side, there are many great job that require an introvert personality to do.. like engineering (it require a lot of time alone and accuracy), programming (well, technology is one of the field that develop quite fast nowadays), novelist (have high imagination like JK Rowling), many other.... you should search the introvert that has become wealthy people if you want to know more

Return to “Introversion”