Caring for your introvert

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Caring for your introvert

Postby Orientalist » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:27 am

Some good points in this old article from a prestigious magazine:

With their endless appetite for talk and attention, extroverts also dominate social life, so they tend to set expectations. In our extrovertist society, being outgoing is considered normal and therefore desirable, a mark of happiness, confidence, leadership. Extroverts are seen as bighearted, vibrant, warm, empathic. "People person" is a compliment. Introverts are described with words like "guarded," "loner," "reserved," "taciturn," "self-contained," "private"—narrow, ungenerous words, words that suggest emotional parsimony and smallness of personality. Female introverts, I suspect, must suffer especially. In certain circles, particularly in the Midwest, a man can still sometimes get away with being what they used to call a strong and silent type; introverted women, lacking that alternative, are even more likely than men to be perceived as timid, withdrawn, haughty.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc ... rt/302696/
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

Butterfly88

Re: Caring for your introvert

Postby Butterfly88 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:35 pm

good article, thanks for sharing

nicoclone

Postby nicoclone » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:00 am

Well, there is also good point to be introvert
1. We have more IQ than you average extrovert..
2. We more appreciate time than talking bullshit like extrovert do
3. We are more passionate about stuff we like than extrovert ones
4 introvert can handle broken heart more easily and move on rather than extrovert
5. Introvert may be a reserved type person but they may be become one of your best friend if you can penetrate their shield (hamsterball they are residing in to protect themselves from extrovert ROFTL)
6. Introvert is a good listener (always listening always understanding)
7. Introvert tend to have high imagination and maybe they are more romantic than extrovert
8. Many great people are introvert like JK Rowling, Mark zuckenberg, etc
9.maybe there are more...
Last edited by nicoclone on Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Postby Kurtis » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:20 am

Nicoclone, you don't become an introvert, you either are one or you aren't one.

nicoclone

Postby nicoclone » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:22 am

What do you mean by that??? Kurtis.... i have a personality problem, i am shy when i must look at people's eye directly when i am talking with them.. if i am not an introvert, i will stay here anyway since i can necroposting as much as i want xD. Maybe i am not an introvert but an attenttion seeker instead xD
editing again, now i am understand what you mean by become or be an introvert ROFTL

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Postby Kurtis » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:23 pm

if i am not an introvert, i will stay here anyway since i can necroposting as much as i want xD. Maybe i am not an introvert but an attenttion seeker instead xD

You need to slow down. We don't disallow 'necroposting' but that doesn't mean you can bring up any thread for the sake of simply doing so. Your responses do need to be on-topic and add to the point, otherwise it's classed as spamming and becomes a nuisance.

nicoclone

Postby nicoclone » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:33 am

Yeah, don't worry, i always trying to speak on topic since introvert just don't like chit chat and useless talk LOL

michaelgregoryii

Postby michaelgregoryii » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:13 am

Good article.

Not gonna lie. I'm a little jealous of extroverts.

I wish I could have speak to a ton of people and feel just fine. I want the desire to have roommates so I have someone to watch Netflix with and talk to. But I get tired of people really quick because my mind drains the longer I'm with them.

It's kind of like running. It's fun at first (for anyone who's a runner) but the longer you continue the more tired you get.
Michael Gregory II
Introvert Warrior
http://www.michaelgregoryii.com/
:thinking:

Return to “Introversion”