Are most introverts control-freaks?

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Are most introverts control-freaks?

Postby Orientalist » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:37 am

I didn't realize until a few years ago that I am a control-freak. Not the type that are always barking orders and trying to bend others to their will - that's a dominant (usually alpha-male) control-freak. I am a non-dominant control-freak. I like to be in control of all aspects of my life, but I don't like conflict. So I've tended to live alone, never married, never had kids, left home and school as soon as I could and chosen jobs where I didn't have to work as a team.

What I can't figure out is whether the need for control is related or unrelated to introversion. Introverts need control in order to avoid being in stressful social situations, so I wonder if I'm a control-freak because I'm an introvert or it's just an unrelated aspect of my personality.

So, are most introverts control-freaks? Or, females being more adaptable and less likely to be in control, is it just most male introverts that are control-freaks?

What do you think?
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

Justwatching
MBTI code: INTJ

Re: Are most introverts control-freaks?

Postby Justwatching » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:41 pm

I disagree with the gender premise. Women might use a more passive-aggressive style, but that doesn't make it any less controlling.

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Re: Are most introverts control-freaks?

Postby Daisy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Justwatching wrote:I disagree with the gender premise. Women might use a more passive-aggressive style, but that doesn't make it any less controlling.

I agree with this.

Return to “Introversion”