Recent Conversations

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

Recent Conversations

Postby Annie » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:29 am

Apparently I need more friends.

(I don't agree)

This was a statement from someone that I am close to.

So, I spent time with my boyfriend, a friend, my mum and her partner and my dad. Most night I try to play PC games and chat to the introverts on Skype. I also volunteer in two places for a few hours every week. On top if of that I have my guinea pigs and the hospital once a week. Where the f*** is the time to add more people into this?!

The other statement was 'you need to out more'...at what point do I have time to spend in my house when I'm already out of it everyday?!

Honestly, some people really make me want to smack my head off the wall. :thinking:
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Re: Recent Conversations

Postby Daisy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:05 am

That must be frustrating, You already spend more time with Others, than I do.

llw14
MBTI code: INTJ

Postby llw14 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:40 pm

It's human nature to value abundance. I don't see the difference between 2 friend and 50 friends. Either way you can only spend time with a few at a time. What difference does it make if it's the same two every weekend or a rotation? Either way your social needs are being met. Do people complain because you only have one house or one car? (except of course if you have more than one of these, :D )

Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby Annie » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:59 pm

I live in a place where you're only good enough if you have a mortgage, job and a few cars lol! I get stick for renting too. Honestly!!

So happy that I have a sense of humour...
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

tongue35

Postby tongue35 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:36 pm

"you need to get out more"

i heard this somewhat often back in high school and the year following.this is what honestly led me to feeling different and detached..i mean, i would go to school all week long and i had a part time job but in my spare time id play videogames, exercise and occasionally get together and go with friends to the movies..yet people would still act like i was strange or defective because i wasnt always going out with my friends all the time..honestly i remember rejecting my friends invitations and my brother and sister, even my parents sometimes getting onto me for it, acting like i should be out more making more friends etc etc..in my mind back then though, i had enough friends..plus, what confused me even more is when i would FORCE myself out socially to hang out with my peers, i never seemed to enjoy it that much especially if we were just hanging out at someones house..this led to me thinking something was wrong with me as back then i didnt have internet or forums like this to realize there were others like me..

introverts will always get flack for not needing or having more of a social life than we do..even today i still get comments from others about the way i live my life...i still dont understand why people care so much about the way i live my life..i mean, introverts never complain and put an extrovert down because they go out too much lol..

llw14
MBTI code: INTJ

Postby llw14 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:59 pm

Those in the minority' will always be made by others to feel as though there is something wrong with them.

Return to “Introversion”