introvert.helpless.deep depression

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
saddawi

introvert.helpless.deep depression

Postby saddawi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:04 pm

hi
i am an introvert. or at least i think so
i was looking for a forum to share my problem since i feel so helpless with my introversion
iv always been so quiet and shy , and this is getting really bad lately since im getting 22 and i feel totally not existing in this world ,,

i have no close friends , no one that can help me , im just a person trapped in himself , i cant express my thoughts , i cant join any movement or any organization or meetings that share my opinions , i feel so weak and with no personality , cant face people or problems

yesterday something happened so i feel now so underesmtimaded and everyone thinks im naive and stupid and people can easily fool me

can someone give me an advice, i really need to feel free within and be strong and able to express myself

thank you

llw14
MBTI code: INTJ

Re: introvert.helpless.deep depression

Postby llw14 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:36 pm

Do you have any close family members that you can talk to or use as practice for developing your ability to express yourself? Do you fear judgement and ridicule from others as a reason for not expressing yourself or are you not able to find the proper words to do it? If you're just afraid of what others will think then there's more anxiety than introversion. Have you thought about seeking medical/professional help?

torpicco

Postby torpicco » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:57 am

Is there anything you love doing? Something you feel you're good at doing? Something that comes easily to you? Can you identify anything like that and consume yourself in it? It'll empower you. You'll find confidence you don't find in other areas.

escpeartst
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby escpeartst » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:47 am

What I like to do is take long breaths, close my eyes for a brief second to bring myself back to the present. Music helps. I also take scenic drives and just kind of get lost in the scene ( advising eyes on the road at all times ). Or I might just stay home and read, learn something I'm curious about, anything to get some "quiet time" as I call it

nicoclone

Postby nicoclone » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:24 am

ell, since there are many people already giving you advice then i will tell you other things. We cant choose to be born as an extrovert or introvert. If you are born as introvert, that doesnt mean you are helpless or in deep depression. Introvert people are just born to be unique so embrace yourself. Here are the reasons why you should proud to be born as an introvert
1. We have more IQ than you average extrovert..
2. We more appreciate time than talking bullshit like extrovert do
3. We are more passionate about stuff we like than extrovert ones
4 introvert can handle broken heart more easily and move on rather than extrovert
5. Introvert may be a reserved type person but they may be become one of your best friend if you can penetrate their shield (hamsterball they are residing in to protect themselves from extrovert ROFTL)
6. Introvert is a good listener (always listening always understanding)
7. Introvert tend to have high imagination and maybe they are more romantic than extrovert
8. Many great people are introvert like JK Rowling, Mark zuckenberg, etc
9.maybe there are more...

michaelgregoryii

Postby michaelgregoryii » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:09 am

Hello mate.

I may not totally understand your situation, but try spending time in a location where other people around your age are at. Ensure there's a few extroverts there who take the crowds with their gazed attention. You may not speak to anyone for the first few times you go there, but overtime you begin to become a familiar face to others. Before you know it they begin talking to you more and more. The next thing you know you have new companions.

I know there's many solutions upon this problem, but this is one that helps for introverts who are shy.
Michael Gregory II
Introvert Warrior
http://www.michaelgregoryii.com/
:thinking:

Return to “Introversion”