Weight gain middle age menopause....women discussion

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
Krista40

Weight gain middle age menopause....women discussion

Postby Krista40 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Newbie here.

I turn 50 this year. I am in the worst shape of my life physically, emotionally, mentally.
I just can't turn the corner. Menopause is kicking my butt. I am single, a loner, a Christian and just struggling. Anyone there who can voice any words of wisdom. Just wanting to write. To extend my relationship in the only way I feel comfortable, online.

Thank you

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Re: Weight gain middle age menopause....women discussion

Postby Daisy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:35 am

Welcome Krista, feel free to vent here. I'm a firm believer in positive thinking, I haven't suffered at all with menopause.

I tell myself daily that I look good and feel good, it works.

supervillin
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby supervillin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:27 am

food can have a huge impact on you mentally. foods high in histamine can cause anxiety attacks and insomnia. its very helpful to look into your diet and see if this is a cause of some of your symptoms. if you suffer from any type of digestive troubles i highly recommend a "simple carbohydrate diet".

lowering histamine and eating a "simple carbohydrate diet" has given me tremendous results. hope this can give you some sort of comfort.

Krista40

Postby Krista40 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:54 am

Thank you for the replies, just hard to always feel alone and know it's simply the most comfortable way to exist as a introvert. Odd it is such a struggle. I want to be more socially "outgoing" "normal". I just can't. Being a liner does get lonely. Yes, I am thinking of doing the ideal protein diet. My body is just messed up right now. I need a good reset

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:57 am

Feel free to vent here, or if you really need to talk to someone about something, PM any of us moderators. You can talk about anything here, no one'll get on you about anything
Hi, mac!

MrCawfle
MBTI code: INTJ
Facebook: Nimrod Funk

Postby MrCawfle » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:51 am

So I'm a guy. BUT...I've been dieting since I was 9. I was THE FAT KID in the '70's. I lost 33 pounds at age 9. There were almost no fat kids in the '70's, by the way. I'm a very slender/normal weight. I work at it CONSTANTLY! There is a secret...

Eat as few carbs as you can. I don't go nuts about this but I'm constantly checking the carbs on labels. I rarely eat starches.
Move as much as you can. Weight-bearing exercise will speed up the process considerably.

That's it. You will gain (some) muscle and you will lose fat.

One thing to consider...my wife got a FitBit. It's really shifted her thinking in regards to daily movement. She takes the stairs a lot now. She goes out of her way to take the long way around at work. She is always grabbing me to go on a walk. Although, she is in Weight Watchers, it seems the FitBit was a good call for her since she is losing even more weight.

Butterfly88

Postby Butterfly88 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:00 pm

Though I am not in menopause I can relate to having issues with weight gain and emotional problems (which are worse around my period). Here to listen, if you want.

Return to “Introversion”