How to piss off introverts?

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
hermanhermit

Re: How to piss off introverts?

Postby hermanhermit » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:32 pm

when you're by yourself at home, really into something that you're doing (watching a good show, playing an intense game, reading a really good book)... then the phone rings... you scramble to get up, run through the house because the phone isn't where it normally is... you pick up the phone and this is how it happens:

"Hello there! My name is blah blah bah, I'm from blahb lah blah, how are you today?"
"uh... doing ok I gue.."
"great! fantastic! so tell me, how much is your household income? how much disposable income do you have every month? what's your address? blah blah blah"

*cringe*

hate getting disrupted by people who demand your time and ask you personal questions without even asking permission.

Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby Annie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:53 pm

hermanhermit wrote:when you're by yourself at home, really into something that you're doing (watching a good show, playing an intense game, reading a really good book)... then the phone rings... you scramble to get up, run through the house because the phone isn't where it normally is... you pick up the phone and this is how it happens:

"Hello there! My name is blah blah bah, I'm from blahb lah blah, how are you today?"
"uh... doing ok I gue.."
"great! fantastic! so tell me, how much is your household income? how much disposable income do you have every month? what's your address? blah blah blah"

*cringe*

hate getting disrupted by people who demand your time and ask you personal questions without even asking permission.

Exactly this!
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

nicoclone

Postby nicoclone » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:29 pm

Piss an introvert off, you ask for it?? If you are trying to pissed me off, you must ignore what i try to say to you since i'm just an introvert but also a attention seeker lol. How can you be an introvert and attention seeker at the same time?? Cause i have two sided life lol. I used to be an introvert in my class. NERD, UNCOOL, SKINNY (even i dont even need to diet to get skinny lol), IMPALED SOCIALLY, UNFRIENDLY, AND MORE. Lol. But now i'm already graduate and it seems like i better communicating with chatting rather than talking directly. Lol. Since i'm just too shy to look at people directly especially girl xD and i just hard to follow conversation if there is many extrovert talking at once. Lol

Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Postby Orientalist » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:19 am

hermanhermit wrote:when you're by yourself at home, really into something that you're doing (watching a good show, playing an intense game, reading a really good book)... then the phone rings... you scramble to get up, run through the house because the phone isn't where it normally is... you pick up the phone and this is how it happens:

"uh... doing ok I gue.."

*cringe*

Cold-callers are scum. So are the organizations who give them your number.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

nicoclone

Postby nicoclone » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:32 pm

How to piss off introvert...
1. you are just silence when they are talking about stuff they like
2. then, you continue by giving a poker face
3. you also continue by facing other direction
4. if they just ignore your behaviour and they start to talking with other people, it is time for you to do sudden attack
5. there are some option to do it
6. first one is by switching topic they are talking about with that person
7. second one, you invite that person to do something he/she like so he/she stop talking to that introvert
8. the last, you distract that person by talking with other people about topic that is more interesting to that person than the one the introvert talking about

michaelgregoryii

Postby michaelgregoryii » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:55 am

I don't like meetings that take place at work.
Or to be exact I hate meetings that often involves me being heavily in the center.
And it sucks too because I act as the IT for this organization and I need to consult people about things. Haha.
Although I show no signs of it, I really do hate it.
Michael Gregory II
Introvert Warrior
http://www.michaelgregoryii.com/
:thinking:

nicoclone

Postby nicoclone » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:21 pm

I also have the same circumstances as you yeeesshhh... weird name imo.. I am very smart in my class but i always quiet and only answered when there is someone that called me.. I have tried to talk with my classmate but I didn't have the same interest with them and they give poker face to me... I also like to daydreaming, why my life is always lame, what difference between me and other people, etc.. so I don't really care about my surrounding.. I stay quiet until I have friends that have the same interest as me and my school life become more colorful than before..
Last edited by nicoclone on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Engage

Postby Engage » Tue May 31, 2016 3:31 pm

Oh God....how to piss off an introvert? Tell them they're quiet. I HATE that. I know I'm quieter than most, but I do participate and pass comments here and there. When it's a 1 on 1 social situation I talk as much as the other person.

I remember one of the caretakers for my group home pointed that out to me once. He's like "you don't talk much, do you?" In the presence of this other guy who basically doesn't speak at all. I was like "no, I don't" and didn't bother apologizing for it. I've made plenty of friends who like me for who I am. Nothing wrong about someone who is short winded.

Tye0774

Postby Tye0774 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:04 am

Ok, so the "how to care for an Introvert" while some of it may be true....doesnt' it just stink that society as put "guidelines" on how to care for us, like we have an illness?!?! I don't know where everyone lives who post on this forum but I am in the U.S. and it is a very extroverted society. It does not allow for introverts to "rejuvenate". Companies are not required to give a minimum number of days off for rest/vacation, let alone if you have a baby (that unpaid leave, unless you saved up time). The world has become a GO, GO, GO, I need it now, frenzy that introverts can not obtain what need to keep our heads on straight -- "time", time to think, time to talk (not snapchat, abbreviated text, live life via facebook, or emjoi symbol all day long) what happened to good conversations, building relationships on knowledge/understanding, learning, writing, walking in the park. Augh....someone give me a guideline -- HAHAHA

DC1346

Postby DC1346 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:07 am

Anyone who knows me knows that I do not answer telephones nor do I appreciate texts. I regard both as being highly intrusive. I also don't appreciate people just casually dropping by my home and much prefer people to make appointments.

So ... in terms of ticking me off ...

1) Call me repeatedly.
2) Text me to ask why I haven't answered my phone or responded to voice mail.
3) Drop by my home to bang on my door to ask me if something is wrong ... and this last part is really annoying ...
4) Ring up the police to come by my home to conduct a safety and welfare check just to make sure that I'm okay ... whereupon the person who made the call will pop out to ask why I haven't answered my phone or responded to voice mail, texts, and drop by visits.

EmeraldLion

Postby EmeraldLion » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:23 pm

I know this is old, but I don't care.

What I hate is when people ask me why I'm mad or sad, or what's the matter.

When people make me talk when I don't want to... If I want to talk, I'll talk.

When people get all up in my personal space.

Making commitments then wondering why I made a commitment... Worst feeling for me.

AcousticPond
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby AcousticPond » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:58 pm

Justice wrote:What really pisses me of is an unexpectedly visit from neighbours/friends.
I know it's a nice thought and everything, but they are interrupting my free time :D

Yes. This. If you're coming over, advance notice is required (and I don't mean five minutes' notice - give me at least a day so I can mentally prepare). No exceptions. I make everyone aware that I never answer my door unless I'm expecting someone, so if you don't call, you can knock for hours, I don't care.

Also, showing up at my door and then texting me to let me know you're outside doesn't count.

Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Postby Orientalist » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:25 am

If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

AcousticPond
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby AcousticPond » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:27 pm

"Starve them to death by putting a stranger in the middle of their kitchen".

LOL! I thought this whole comic was funny, but I've been there... You come home from work and you're so hungry you could eat your own arm, hear voices coming from the kitchen that you don't recognize, and then skip thoughts of a meal, because you just CANNOT socialize right now, especially with new people. You just can't. (Sad fact: When I was with my ex I used to hide non-perishable food items in my office for occasions such as this).

Imagiton
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby Imagiton » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:08 pm

Lol those pictures were funny :) How about putting "quiet", "needs to speak out more" or to "come out of your shell" on every school report and PDR I've had? You know what else has shells, turtles. No one would tell a turtle to get out its shell, that would hurt and / or kill it. Let me be a happy turtle in my shell!

AP - At university, I used to have food under my bed. I'd party hard on a Friday night, then hide away all weekend. People used to think I'd gone home, and the dried goods under my bed helped ^-^

Return to “Introversion”