How to piss off introverts?

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
Sunny49
MBTI code: ISFP

Postby Sunny49 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:43 pm

I thought this deserves a separate theard :D

scott85
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby scott85 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:49 pm

tell them they need to get some work done, when they are working non-stop.
People that don't understand you can't help you

Dutchman
MBTI code: ENTJ

Postby Dutchman » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:16 pm

I guess the best way to piss them off is to joke about questions on the registration form :lol: :lol: .

On a more serious note, I've noticed that when an introvert is really comfortable in a certain company and the topic of conversation is in their interests, they are the most talkative people I've ever met. The best way to piss them off (as in silencing them) is to switch topics! I tend to switch topics very often or combine 84 topics at the same time, which is sometimes not appreciated.

Justice

Postby Justice » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:56 pm

What really pisses me of is an unexpectedly visit from neighbours/friends.
I know it's a nice thought and everything, but they are interrupting my free time :D

IWHMA
MBTI code: INFP

Postby IWHMA » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:04 pm

I wouldn't say it, erm... well, the title of the thread, but what does upset me is when someone plans my day for me... or when someone keeps me out longer than I want to be out.

scott85

Postby scott85 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:19 pm

I don't like it when people make assumptions about me. more times than not, their assumptions end up being wrongful assumptions. then I prove them wrong and they get mad at me for being right. oh the joys of our extrovert-biased society!
People that don't understand you can't help you

Molly
MBTI code: ISFJ

Postby Molly » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:44 pm

I hate being kept in a conversation that requires the *talker* to go back to a previous week/month/year and catch you up so you can make better sense of the story they are about to regale you with! Just Get To The Point! I do not have time to listen to jibber jabber!
All my best ideas happen when I sleep.

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Postby Kurtis » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:56 pm

I think one of the things that annoys me is putting words in my mouth that I point-blank didn't say, or make pointless assumptions about what I have said. For example, if I say to someone they need to see something and they turn around and say 'I'm not stupid,' I get very irritated because I did not say they were stupid; I simply said they need to see whatever it is I think they need to see. If I thought they were stupid, I would tell them.

Telling me to sling my hook (with an 'offensive name') when I'm trying to get a point across in an irritated and annoyed manner is something that gets on my nerves as well. I don't care if you're agitated, if I am trying to talk to you about something you do not need to talk down at me.

Alty

Postby Alty » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Justice wrote:What really pisses me of is an unexpectedly visit from neighbours/friends.
I know it's a nice thought and everything, but they are interrupting my free time :D

Definately this one.

Also unexpected phone calls, especially from a number I don't know, makes me curse at the telephone.

I hate it when someone talks to me when I'm on the computer.

Justice

Postby Justice » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Alty wrote:Also unexpected phone calls, especially from a number I don't know, makes me curse at the telephone.

Those phone calls I send straight to my voicemail :lol:

Kaspi
MBTI code: INTJ

Postby Kaspi » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:49 pm

I´m not sure if it´s an introvert thing, but sudden changes piss me off hugely. Like when someone writes me a message (I have trained people I know not to call) like "do you want to go for a lunch? In 20 minutes?". Well, no I don´t, these things have to be planned, so that I can count with them.

Calling is a thing that annoys me even more, but there is probably not much to say about that. :D

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kurtis » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Kaspi wrote:I´m not sure if it´s an introvert thing, but sudden changes piss me off hugely. Like when someone writes me a message (I have trained people I know not to call) like "do you want to go for a lunch? In 20 minutes?". Well, no I don´t, these things have to be planned, so that I can count with them.

Calling is a thing that annoys me even more, but there is probably not much to say about that. :D

I honestly don't mind change, as long as it's change for the better. I do hate pointless change; 'why did we change to this system when the old system both did the same job, and actually worked?

I'm not a planner by nature, I loathe planning, I despise it no-end, so I don't really mind being called out to lunch in that kind of a circumstance because you have actually given me a chance to finish what I was doing (assuming I actually agreed to go). I would get a bit annoyed if I was expected to drop everything and go to lunch there and then though.

Molly

Postby Molly » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:00 pm

I AM a planner who hates change. Especially lunch in 20 mins. So thanks, but maybe next time - if you give me at least 2 weeks notice! :) I don't mind huge changes, like moving house, for example. That takes planning and co-ordination, which takes time. Good. But tell me that I am moving to *wherever* next week, then no. Don't care if its the Bahama's - aint going!
All my best ideas happen when I sleep.

Sunny49
MBTI code: ISFP

Postby Sunny49 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:03 pm

I am spontaneous, but I do hate when someone tells me "Let´s meet in 15 minutes". Somehow, I want to plan my spontaneity. I´m also very slow paced, so this rush meetings just cause huge stress to me.

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kurtis » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Sunny49 wrote:I am spontaneous, but I do hate when someone tells me "Let´s meet in 15 minutes". Somehow, I want to plan my spontaneity. I´m also very slow paced, so this rush meetings just cause huge stress to me.

Yeah I don't think I would want to 'meet' someone in fifteen minutes; for something like that you need to give me a fair bit of time and I do need proper notice.

Alty

Postby Alty » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:37 pm

I also hate being invited to meet a couple of people where we can be cool and relaxed and they don't tell you about all the other 10 people who are there. This happened last Sunday when after a night out at the restaurant somebody invited me to fishing on Sunday morning. For some reason I said ok as I just imagined a little group but to my horror when I got there it was a massive gathering. I said hello and hung arround for as much as I could to be polite then snuck off at the first opportunity.

Justice

Postby Justice » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:30 am

Molly wrote:I AM a planner who hates change. Especially lunch in 20 mins. So thanks, but maybe next time - if you give me at least 2 weeks notice! :)

Hahaha Same here! I absolutely hate it! But I can handle it to some point. I only need 1 day notice, not 2 weeks ;)

Luckily I live in a small town, so lunch in 20 minutes isn't even possible :D It takes a least 30 minutes to get to some nice restaurant for lunch 8-)

IWHMA
MBTI code: INFP

Postby IWHMA » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:01 am

I love impulsiveness. If I had my own car/life, I would love to just impulsively hang out with people.

I hate life changes, though.

Alty

Postby Alty » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Not apologising when it's a simple thing to do

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kurtis » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:16 am

Oh for you planners out there, have a look at this:

Kaspi
MBTI code: INTJ

Postby Kaspi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:35 am

Kurtis wrote:Oh for you planners out there, have a look at this:

Nice :D

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kurtis » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:49 am

Kaspi wrote:

Nice :D

lol you must be the tiger at the end! :whistle: haha

Blink

Postby Blink » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:15 am

Lol! Keep talking...you talky person! I dare you!
This is great, Merci!

Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby Annie » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:42 am

Exist.
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Annie wrote:Exist.

This'rn here
Hi, mac!

soupdragon

Postby soupdragon » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:53 pm

being told I am anti-social when in fact I am just quiet and dont mix well in groups. Or feel drained by groups of people. Or when people used to say 'oh hes a quiet one isnt he' like I am an inhuman 'thing' or that I am not there.

brian189

Postby brian189 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Being told to "cheer up...it'll get better" as I'm walking down the hall at work, deep in thought. Mainly because I didn't smile and acknowledge this stranger I've never met.

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:25 am

brian189 wrote:Being told to "cheer up...it'll get better" as I'm walking down the hall at work, deep in thought. Mainly because I didn't smile and acknowledge this stranger I've never met.

Get you a stickin' knife

Hi, mac!

Justice

Postby Justice » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:46 am

All of the above :D

soupdragon

Postby soupdragon » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:50 am

brian189; so it isnt just me who that happens to at work then!

Creativespirit

Postby Creativespirit » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:03 pm

This is a fun thread to read! No one has said this to me for years, thank Heavens, but,"I'll help you come out of your shell," was something I used to hear. It would make me feel embarassed; it was as if there was something intrinsically wrong with my (quiet) behavior, and that the one who said it was going to help me to fix it. I don't think it pissed me off back then, because I knew the person was trying to be friendly and "help" me. But now, I would still act nice, but I'd feel totally offended, and would think to myself, "What a condescending thing to say!"

Justice

Postby Justice » Tue May 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Asking me: 'did you have fun, because you were so quite?'

As if you must be hating every bit of something, only because you're not the centre of attention and chatting .

Mads
MBTI code: ISTP

Postby Mads » Mon May 19, 2014 12:04 pm

The occasional "you should talk more" we all know too well.

funny thing: my own mom just sent me a message telling me she thinks there's something wrong with me, as i was reading this thread. Had a good laugh at least.

Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby Annie » Mon May 19, 2014 9:25 pm

I have been told "you need to get out of your shell" recently and I wanted to cut the persons throat and leave the remains scattered so that all could see.

Being told that I need to go out more.
I can't spend time alone.
I shouldn't want to spend time playing PC games.
That walking alone on a warm evening doesn't make sense.
People joining me for trips to buy food. If I go alone it takes 1 hour max.
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

tongue35

Postby tongue35 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:05 am

yeah i really dislike the 'you need to get out more' response from people..why, so i can stand around and talk about the most monotonous BS ive ever heard!?!i remember hearing this growing up from friends and family so i would start forcing myself out only to be bored and tired and craving my home..it was around this time i started to think something was wrong with me, why everyone else seemingly liked to go out and just hang around when it bored me senseless..

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Tue May 20, 2014 2:15 am

Jerk: [comment involving "shell]

Me: *resists urge to jam Spyderco hard into their jugular*
Hi, mac!

Orientalist

Re: How to piss off introverts?

Postby Orientalist » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:14 am

On the other hand...

If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

Limonata

Postby Limonata » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:24 pm

Annie wrote:I have been told "you need to get out of your shell" recently and I wanted to cut the persons throat and leave the remains scattered so that all could see.

Being told that I need to go out more.
I can't spend time alone.
I shouldn't want to spend time playing PC games.
That walking alone on a warm evening doesn't make sense.
People joining me for trips to buy food. If I go alone it takes 1 hour max.

Being told I need to learn to have fun. I know how to have fun. I don't impose my idea of fun on you, and tell you you should adopt more cats and read more books or your life is meaningless and empty. Why are you doing the reverse to me? :evil:

yeeeeeeeesh

Postby yeeeeeeeesh » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:00 am

so when I was a kid I never had much of an attention span (not sure if it's an introvert thing or just me tho) and I obviously as a result never paid much attention in class and ended up daydreaming most of the time. That, coupled with the fact that I never talked much with anyone in class and was quiet on my own most of the time. So during a parent teacher conference session tHE TEACHER TOLD MY MOM "your daughter has a short attention span and she's very quiet in class and doesn't talk to anyone in the class, also she only answers questions when called on and rarely volunteers by answering. Is your daughter autistic?" my mom wasn't the only one that day who felt like punching the teacher lol. Anyone else had this problem? getting told that you might have a medical condition and you should get it checked? I fking hate it honestly

Kaonashi87

Postby Kaonashi87 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:02 pm

How about this ...

Friends are having a screaming match and all of the sudden one of them turns to you, "You! You're the wisest and the kindest among us all, help us here will you?!" then drags us in the middle of the screaming match. Screaming match continues, this time with occasional poke and shake on us, "Don't just stand there in silence ... say something!"

:shock:

Return to “Introversion”