Advice

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
Bargs

Advice

Postby Bargs » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:43 pm

I usually ask my friends for advice but obviously we don't share the same views on things.

I met this girl through tinder (online dating *app) and we hit it off real fast. The conversation was an absolute delight so I ask her for a meet this weekend.
She said that Saturday she will be on a boat party with a lot of other friends and she wants me to go. She also has a ticket for me while the rest are sold out as a result i can not bring a friend of my own.

A boat, in the sea for 6 hours and no exit strategy, alone with only company i girl i really like, or will not like and vice versa. i feel nauseous just thinking about it. I also feel a total coward . I have to answer to her of course because i don't want to waste her ticket and i cannot lie. I have a thing with lies, i don't do it. ever.

Guys i need your advice. Are there ways to make this easier. Procedures that i can put my self through to make it easier? I'm thinking to tell her that i cant do it and try to explain it. I feel like a total coward. This is the first time i feel helpless and hopeless like this...

-H-

llw14
MBTI code: INTJ

Re: Advice

Postby llw14 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:41 pm

Since it's your first meeting with her it's perfectly acceptable to say that you'd rather meet up one on one in person before committing to something like that.

supervillin
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby supervillin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:57 pm

llw14 is on the money i think. no need to blow it out of proportion, or bring up your "introvert baggage" haha. just keep it very simple. tell her you really like her and would really prefer a more one on one hang out. my wife still loves to hear i prefer to just hang out with her instead of a group, if you can keep it romantic like that it can turn out to be a good thing.

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:54 am

It'd be preferable to meet one on one, but this might be a risk you'll find brings you some reward, and you'll never know unless you go for it; it's my opinion that you should think it over a bit, weigh your options
Hi, mac!

Return to “Introversion”