Do you like crowds?

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Do you like crowds?

Postby Orientalist » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:57 am

I've always enjoyed being around a lot of people - as long as I don't have to interact with them. Traveling around Asia, I've had the opportunity to join local festivals where everyone is having a good time, but I feel comfortably detached from everyone else. As a foreigner, people smile at me or say hello, so I don't feel lonely or out of place but there's no obligation for me to participate in anything. Oddly enough, I've always preferred living in the centre of large cities, where I'm where the action is but existing pretty much anonymously. I can't imagine I'd enjoy living in a small village where everyone knows everyone else's business. I don't know if this is an aspect of introversion or just me.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Do you like crowds?

Postby SandWshooter » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:57 am

Crowds can suck it
Hi, mac!

Justwatching
MBTI code: INTJ

Do you like crowds?

Postby Justwatching » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:06 pm

SandWshooter wrote:Crowds can suck it

I concur

llw14
MBTI code: INTJ

Do you like crowds?

Postby llw14 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:29 pm

I like crowds as well; you can be invisible. People will eventually notice you if you're too conspicuous but it won't be that big of a deal. In smaller groups, you have to pay more attention to the "social rules" which govern our interaction with people, i.e. am I smiling enough, talking enough, talking too much, etc. you always have to be constantly aware and mindful about not coming across as strange or different or whatever. In big crowds it's not a big deal as you likely won't know most of the people there anyway so it wouldn't matter what they thought anyway. If you're out with your spouse at a dinner party, even if it's just 3 couples, it definitely will matter.

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Do you like crowds?

Postby Daisy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:12 am

I also prefer City life, not necessarily crowds, but the anonymity that goes with it. I would hate being in a small town where everyone
knows everyones business.

DebsWasRight

Do you like crowds?

Postby DebsWasRight » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:10 am

I guess I'm kind of torn on this. In small situations, I absolutely hate crowds. For instance, I would choose a small, quiet, sparsely-populated bar over one packed with people and music blaring 100% of the time. My girlfriend loves the latter, but all they do is make me anxious and feel the need to be as close to an exit as possible. However, while I never used to consider myself a city person, recently I started to realize that maybe I was, and I think it definitely in some part had to do with the anonymity factor. There is something very pleasing to me about the idea of being in a sea of people and having absolutely no one know who I am or what I'm doing. On the other hand, the potential for quiet and serenity in a small town setting definitely appeals to me as well. While having everyone know your business might get annoying, the chance to be closer to nature and experience true peace and quiet sounds great to me.

Qewbahtiar

Re: Do you like crowds?

Postby Qewbahtiar » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:05 pm

Do i like crowds ?

Hi , there introverts.
Sometimes i forced myself standing in crowded of peoples , but when I drained automatically im dislike crowds. Keep mind your business.

Return to “Introversion”