Another Personality Test!

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Postby Kurtis » Fri May 30, 2014 11:49 pm

hi all,

I just discovered this personality test, it's very similar to MBTI but gives you results on different scales. In a way, I think it's more elaborative than the MBTI scales and it makes for interesting reading for those who want to learn more about themselves.

Here's mine:

Personality Report via Learnmyself

I think it's very good! You can take the test yourself here (it's not as long as the MBTI one): https://www.learnmyself.com and click on 'Start My Free Quiz.' At the end, you'll get a result chart, you can use that to embed your results here if you wish. Use the direct link and place them between the newly implemented 'PersonalReport' bbcode. Mine looked like this:

Code: Select all

[LearnMySelf]http://www.learnmyself.com/Personality-Report?x=PIx3x3392101-3232695xs4hj2x3[/LearnMySelf]

You can also click on the image and it'll take you to the full report.

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
Kurtis -

Snowcrow
MBTI code: INTJ

Postby Snowcrow » Sat May 31, 2014 12:11 am

For those of you who are wondering, this is know as The Big Five and is regarded as the gold standard in the scientific community. Unlike mbti, the big five is well supported by experiments.

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby SandWshooter » Sat May 31, 2014 1:58 am

My results are basically "dude's a fucking crazy person"

"Your Personality Type is The Composer (RICAS)

Composers are emotionally reactive, which means that they experience their emotions strongly and can be very passionate., however also have a higher tendency to experience emotions such as anxiety, anger and depression. Due to their independence and reserve, sometimes the Composer can be perceived as arrogant or unfriendly, however this is merely because they don't require the same level of social stimulation or interaction that others may seek. The Composer generally prefers fact over fiction and security and stability over ambiguity and disorder. Sticking with convention and familiar routines is generally best. With a sense of social responsibility and a general trust in others, Composers are often seen as sincere and generous. However the Composer has a refreshing impulsiveness about them, they tend to dislike too many rules and regulations and can be casual and whimsical.

4.6% of people are Composers"

Hi, mac!

Tsuki
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby Tsuki » Sat May 31, 2014 2:01 am

I took the test and it's pretty acurate I must say! Even though looking at the overal results it doesn't seem very good, especialy the neuroticism part..

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kurtis » Sat May 31, 2014 1:05 pm

Tsuki wrote:I took the test and it's pretty acurate I must say! Even though looking at the overal results it doesn't seem very good, especialy the neuroticism part..

:D I think there's always gonna be discrepancies, something that falls a little short. I thought the test about 95% accurate, with the odd exception here 'n' there. Overall though it was worth taking it to see what it had to say.

Annie

Postby Annie » Sat May 31, 2014 6:20 pm

Personality Report via Learnmyself
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

Justwatching

Postby Justwatching » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:24 pm

The MBTI seems to king around here. Why is that? In Psychology the five-factor model (otherwise known as the 'Big Five') was always the go-to personality measure. This test appears to be based around the five-factor principle, though not sure about the personality 'type' thing they've stapled onto it.

Noticed a little inconsistency in the reporting of results. Namely, it claims one of my weaknesses is "can be closed minded", this is despite listing open mindedness as the first descriptive quality under the "who are you?" section, scoring 65% on openness and describing me as open minded again in the description...

"Your Personality Type is The Prodigy (RIOGD)

Prodigies are emotionally reactive, which means that they experience their emotions strongly and can be very passionate., however also have a higher tendency to experience emotions such as anxiety, anger and depression. Due to their independence and reserve, sometimes the Prodigy can be perceived as arrogant or unfriendly, however this is merely because they don't require the same level of social stimulation or interaction that others may seek. The Prodigy enjoys a good balance between the real world and fantasy, they are mostly aware of and in touch with their emotions. Being open-minded to new and unusual ideas helps them to interact with the world. With a healthy skepticism of the motives of others, and a belief in justice and being self made, sometimes the Prodigy can come across as guarded or intimidating. However the Prodigy generally has good self discipline and is recognized as being able to plan and think ahead.

1.42% of people are Prodigies"

I've also done a standard Five-Factor test for comparison sake. Here's what it says...

Openness to Experience/Intellect
High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
You are relatively open to new experiences. (Your percentile: 76)

Conscientiousness
High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
You are well-organized, and are reliable. (Your percentile: 69)

Extraversion
High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 7)

Agreeableness
High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 3)

Neuroticism
High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
You tend to become anxious or nervous. (Your percentile: 76)

Eye-balling the two results, agreeableness seems to be the only value that differs significantly between the two tests (3% vs. 19%).

Here's a link to the Five-Factor test if you also wanted to compare http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/

MrCawfle
Facebook: Nimrod Funk

Re: Another Personality Test!

Postby MrCawfle » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:31 pm

Guardian. A much better assessment than MBTI.

Justwatching

Postby Justwatching » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:31 pm

MrCawfle wrote:Guardian.

Stats + description.

Please.

MrCawfle
Facebook: Nimrod Funk

Postby MrCawfle » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:09 pm

http://www.seemypersonality.com/Persona ... 0x3#tab-11

I'm not sure how to turn this into an image. The URL feature doesn't work. Pesky URL feature...

SUMMARY: Guardians are emotionally reactive, which means that they experience their emotions strongly and can be very passionate., however also have a higher tendency to experience emotions such as anxiety, anger and depression. Due to their independence and reserve, sometimes the Guardian can be perceived as arrogant or unfriendly, however this is merely because they don't require the same level of social stimulation or interaction that others may seek. The Guardian generally prefers fact over fiction and security and stability over ambiguity and disorder. Sticking with convention and familiar routines is generally best. With a sense of social responsibility and a general trust in others, Guardians are often seen as sincere and generous. However the Guardian generally has good self discipline and is recognized as being able to plan and think ahead.

3.3% of people are Guardians

Also, I've practiced (although at staggering intervals) Taoism, Zen, relaxation techniques and formal meditation for roughly 30 years. I still got a really high "neuroticism" score...as are most scores here. Dr. Jerome Kagan has studied babies for years. It seems that that MOST of the reactive babies turn into introverts.
Last edited by MrCawfle on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kurtis » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:25 pm

It looks like they've changed the URL formatting which is throwing the bbcode off-balance. If anyone wants to display it, just leave the link and I'll manually perform the changes necessary and I'll see if I can sort out a replacement bbcode in the meantime.

Annie

Postby Annie » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:07 pm

So I tried this again!

To the people having problems, look at the images on the page, right click the image and click 'open in new tab' then copy and paste the URL into the 'IMG' opotion in the editor here :)

I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

CrinaGRS

Postby CrinaGRS » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:42 pm

I'm pretty awesome- I am the counselor!!

Xsolrac
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby Xsolrac » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:30 am

I got the guardian. The description and results comapre for the most part with my MBTI type and myself.

Why does it has to be that way?

Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Postby Orientalist » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:52 am

I agree with the initial overview...

Your Personality Type is The Mastermind (BIOGD)

Masterminds are emotionally balanced, which means that they are less prone to depression and are able to cope well with feelings of anxiety, anger and vulnerability. Due to their independence and reserve, sometimes the Mastermind can be perceived as arrogant or unfriendly, however this is merely because they don't require the same level of social stimulation or interaction that others may seek. The Mastermind enjoys a good balance between the real world and fantasy, they are mostly aware of and in touch with their emotions. Being open-minded to new and unusual ideas helps them to interact with the world. With a healthy skepticism of the motives of others, and a belief in justice and being self made, sometimes the Mastermind can come across as guarded or intimidating. However the Mastermind generally has good self discipline and is recognized as being able to plan and think ahead.

0.88% of people are Masterminds

Later the report claimed I was often ashamed - totally wrong - and overwhelmed by crowds - also wrong. I don't like groups when I have to interact with them, but I am comfortable in large crowds and have always lived in big cities (easy to be anonymous). It claimed I am "not in touch with my emotions"... what does that even mean?

Apparently, I am 99% introvert. :rofl:
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

Return to “Introversion”