Introversion and drug use?

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
tongue35

Postby tongue35 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:11 pm

not sure what type of site this is as far as talking about certain things openly but have any introverts here experimented with different drugs to try and combat their introversion?i admit i have dabbled and then some when it comes to alcohol all the way to the hard drugs(heroin, Ghb, dexedrine), not everything was in an attempt to help me become more extroverted but i discovered that certain drugs simply completely changed my core personality...i went from a closed off introvert who didnt like socializing to a very engaged extrovert type that liked to be close to others and socialize..

Alcohol used to work very well in my teens and early 20s, it made me outgoing and very social and interested in meeting and seeing others..now it backfires basically, makes me feel sluggish and if anything, more introverted..this is even after laying off of it for long periods of time..

Ghb is by far the most effective compound i have ever used if i want to transfer into a social empathetic extrovert for 2-3 hours..people on here may bite into the overblown 'date rape drug' hype but when all is said and done, Ghb works wonders in transforming me from closed off and asocial to very open and social..instead of socializing draining me, on Ghb it actually energizes me to an extent..

Opiates at first turned me into a more social and engaged person but in the end turned me into a massive recluse, introverted beyond i have ever been before..

Stimulants-from caffeine to adderal/dexedrine, all of these stims do make me much more social for a little bit but also increase anxiety and irritability..they also tend to increase the 'social draining' effect that many of us introverts feel..

Anti-depressants(welbutrin, Paxil, Effexor)-ive had little if any success using these drugs, Paxil just numbed me out to where i didnt socialize or not..i could just sleep my days away..Welbutrin helped at first when it came to helping me feel more interested in people but this soon wore off and it raised my anxiety and irritability, blood pressure..

anyone else care to share what works and what doesnt?

Snowcrow
MBTI code: INTJ

Postby Snowcrow » Wed May 14, 2014 10:21 pm

I don't think drugs is a good solution long term. It messes up your body and can make you addicted to them. What works long term is simply forcing yourself into social situations and practice talking to people. You can't change your core personality as far as I know. Being introverted isn't a negative thing anyway. It's just different. Learn to accept who you are. You'll be much happier that way.

tongue35

Postby tongue35 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:53 am

oh drugs are not a long term solution, im not saying they are..i will give them credit though for allowing me to meet new people i would have never met without their use..i have good social skills and can talk to people but generally find it tiring, drugs have been a tremendous help in this area..again, they all have side effects but they have helped me in times when i needed them(large social gatherings, times when i already felt drained but was forced to network)

introversion is not a disorder but i do consider it a handicap at times in this extroverted society..i would be much higher up at my job if i were more extroverted for example...

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby SandWshooter » Thu May 15, 2014 5:06 am

Been messed up on codeine (my prescription, from a particularly bad ear infection), painkillers (also mine, from when I messed up my hip), and morphine (during a hospital trip), and I hated it. I pretty much don't see any reason to consume anything that messes up my awareness; I just don't think that way

I'm having back problems right now, and I specifically got my doctor to prescribe me a muscle relaxer rather than the stronger painkiller he was going to, just because I hate not being 100% there.
Hi, mac!

tongue35

Postby tongue35 » Fri May 16, 2014 1:13 am

im not recommending people snort cocaine to become more social and les introverted, im just saying without the aid of several of these different drugs, i would have not had the ability or 'kick-start' to meet people that i have in the past...the introverted me only has a very tiny social battery to draw from but you put me on some of these items and its widened greatly..they almost make me see the world from the eyes of an extroverted person and in those cases, its a much more lively world, more enriching place..i just was amazd to actually be highly engaged and energized by socializing rather than drained..

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby SandWshooter » Fri May 16, 2014 6:22 am

If it helps you, and does not cause any problems for you or people around you, I don't see why you can't boost your "social battery" with the substance of your choosing. That being said, doing so is kind of asking to become dependent on drugs, and I personally would never take drugs for such purposes. Be safe, etc
Hi, mac!

Qewbahtiar

Re: Introversion and drug use?

Postby Qewbahtiar » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:53 pm

When introvert person taking drug , there might be able two sides of personality; turned to good person and horrible person .In my opinion it's about environment treat an introverts. Like an introvert cannot be embracing in public. Anxiety make ruined all day . Keep avoid from drug, it's waste time and money , be smart and good person as your self not by taking drug .

Return to “Introversion”