MBTI confusion

Post here for any topics about introversion in general.
awww

MBTI confusion

Postby awww » Sun May 11, 2014 6:46 pm

I know pretty much now that I'm INTP but on the personality test i took it said introvert(89%) intuitive(62%) thinking(50%) and perceiving(44%). What does it mean if the thinking is at 50% exactly? I'm confused to what could affect compared to if i leaned more towards thinking. and also why is the perceiving 44% and all the others 50%+?

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

MBTI confusion

Postby Kurtis » Wed May 14, 2014 4:24 pm

I'm not 100% sure on that myself if I'm perfectly honest, but the way I see it is like this. There are four scales in the MBTI personality theory tests; introversion and extraversion, sensing and intuition, feeling and thinking, judging and perceiving (to go by the common names). Each of the four scales gives you a letter, in your case INTP. I tend to think of them as the balancing scales which start off at zero and are then weighted more one one side or the other.

I suppose the way to look at it in your case is by saying you are 89% more introverted than extraverted, and 44% more thinking than perceiving.

It is bizarre the percentages and I do wish they would make it a little clearer. If I can find a more succinct answer I'll let you know.

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

MBTI confusion

Postby Kurtis » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:46 pm

This might answer your question:

http://psyphics.wordpress.com/2012/09/02/infj-vs-infp/

There's a part in there about the percentages involved.

In addition to showing your preferences (INFP or INFJ), it displays a numeric value that indicates the strength of the preference. 100% showing definite preference, 0% showing no clear preference. This leads to the common misconception that the dichotomies are traits, meaning a person with a high F has a low T or a person with a high J has a low P. The numbers do not measure how much of a judger or a perceiver you are but measure the accuracy of the test’s results. Therefore, if you are an INFJ with low P or an INFP with low J, the accuracy of the fourth letter should not affect your type decision

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

MBTI confusion

Postby SandWshooter » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:22 am

You better figure it out or you're getting banished to the pit

(just do what Kurtis says)
Hi, mac!

Qewbahtiar

Re: MBTI confusion

Postby Qewbahtiar » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:34 pm

Where can i check MBTI confusion? Or MBTI confusion are type deep introvert personality?

Return to “Introversion”