What fascinates you?

For topics regarding philosophy, science, religion and other similar discussions.
Sunny49
MBTI code: ISFP

What fascinates you?

Postby Sunny49 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:36 am

LoneApothecary wrote:I've always been fascinated by nature and morbid things. Morbid things found in nature form the pinnacle of what fascinates me. Parasites, decomposition, diseases, etc. It tends of freak people out when I talk about these sort of things, particularly odd medical procedures (such as maggot therapy).

:huh:

:P

IWHMA
MBTI code: INFP

What fascinates you?

Postby IWHMA » Wed May 01, 2013 4:56 pm

Satchmo wrote:I respectfully disagree, to a point. War and conflict in general force you to realize what is actually worth fighting for, whether an opinion, religion, or freedoms. Conflict may bring out the worst in a lot of people, but there is no fight unless there is something worth fighting for. I'm not condoning war or violence, but I believe that there is a place for it in the world.

On the main subject, I guess what I find fascinating is trying to figure out how things work, whether they are mechanical or intellectual. Pretty general really.

Hehe, I was actually referring to the war on the forum. And okay, I accept your disagreement, but I disagree with that. There are things worth standing up for and advocating, but there are no things that humans have the ability to determine are worth killing for, in my opinion.

I also like figuring out how things work. :D

Sunny49

What fascinates you?

Postby Sunny49 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:26 pm

I just remembered one thing that fascinates me...I watched videos on youtube about Hitler, his speeches, etc. I really find it fascinating how he could influence the masses the way he did....it´s like he hypnotized the people cause they all acted like zombies lol....really fascinating!

Dutchman
MBTI code: ENTJ

What fascinates you?

Postby Dutchman » Wed May 01, 2013 5:53 pm

They're not much different from the sheeps who voted for Obama or supported Romney or <insert political leader>.

People are a bunch of herd animals. If a group of people likes a certain idea more will follow. They don't even have to know anything about a political idea to support that political idea. The sheer fact people endorse/hate x will make others endorse/hate x.

The best argument against the law which allows all citizens above 18 to vote, is to have a conversation with random persons about a certain political idea they seem to endorse. It's extremely pathetic.

Sunny49

What fascinates you?

Postby Sunny49 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Yeah....

Another thing that fascinates me is how extroverts manage to socialize that much and yet they also manage to work/study, do their hobbies, read, follow movies and music, etc. That´s really fascinating. If I socialized that much I would never get anything done! :D I had to take a pause from socializing to have more time for my hobbies and doing things that I like....I wasn´t able to follow new movies or music that came out (that I usually love to do) because of the socializing, lol. I guess they function differently.

IWHMA
MBTI code: INFP

What fascinates you?

Postby IWHMA » Thu May 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Sunny, that's a great point. I feel that way about Es, Ss, and Js. Well, SJs at least. My ESFJ mom just does so much stuff; I have no idea how she does it all and still has time to socialize.

Dutchman
MBTI code: ENTJ

What fascinates you?

Postby Dutchman » Thu May 02, 2013 9:51 pm

There's give or take 16 hours in a day (minus the average eight in which you sleep...). That's a lot of time to do a lot of stuff. ;)

Also the hobbies you mentioned, but also work and studying are social happenings to an E. Our hobbies and work cover most of our social needs.

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

What fascinates you?

Postby Kurtis » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:14 am

Dutchman wrote:You have plenty of time to be fascinated by morbid things when you're dead.

:D Except when you're dead, you'll probably be fascinated by not-morbid things to counter it :P

UnfoundKnowledge
MBTI code: INTP

What fascinates you?

Postby UnfoundKnowledge » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:52 pm

LoneApothecary wrote:I've always been fascinated by nature and morbid things. Morbid things found in nature form the pinnacle of what fascinates me. Parasites, decomposition, diseases, etc. It tends of freak people out when I talk about these sort of things, particularly odd medical procedures (such as maggot therapy).

Then you might like to visit the Aokigahara Jukai forest, roughly translated to "sea of trees", AKA 'Suicide Forest'. Its a forest located at the flank(?) of Mt.Fuji, Japan, I believe. They find anywhere from 50-100+ bodies a year. Many of which are ones that have decomposed and have been left to rot for years.

SteveMcQueen
MBTI code: INFJ

What fascinates you?

Postby SteveMcQueen » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:56 am

Erm, I'm the same. :oops:

Ever since I was a kid I've been fascinated with skeletons, mummies, bog corpses...you name it.
When other children drew animals and flowers in kindergarten I drew digestive systems.

One of the most interesting things I've ever done was attending an autopsy, once the initial "what if I freak out?" worries subsided I was totally absorbed by the procedure.

fufufu

What fascinates you?

Postby fufufu » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:28 am

What fascinates me ? Colors in the landscape, especially when the sun sets or when it rises.

Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

What fascinates you?

Postby Orientalist » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:22 am

Kurtis wrote:I was watching a couple of videos ('Make a Man Out of You' Anime Fest 2011. Video 1 and 'It's My Life' Cosplay Fever Lip Dub. Video 2), and certain things fascinated me with both.

I love cosplay and the whole kawaii thing. I've been to Japan around 20 times. I'm also fascinated by Buddhist temples, of which there are many in Japan.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

Xsolrac
MBTI code: ISTJ

Re: What fascinates you?

Postby Xsolrac » Tue May 31, 2016 4:16 am

Hmm, old threat, not sure if its ok to post now but oh well.
I am fascinated by culture and knowledge. I am often looking up things of various different topics, little things catch my atttention and I investigate the hell out of them, I like to be as cultured and knowledgeable as I can, I know I know nothing but I like to consider meself a little enciclopedia.
Why does it has to be that way?

Daisy

Re: What fascinates you?

Postby Daisy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:19 am

IT's ok to comment on old threads, There's nothing wrong with what you're fascinated in.

Return to “World Theory”