Interests and Hobbies

Talk about anything general that doesn't fit into any other category.
IWHMA
MBTI code: INFP

Interests and Hobbies

Postby IWHMA » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:36 pm

What are your interests and hobbies? What would you be doing if you weren't busy with other things?

Molly
MBTI code: ISFJ

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Molly » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:39 pm

Lol! I could only answer this if the internet was broken! I am pretty much hardwired to cyber space currently! I would read, draw, make stuff, go outside, and take part in the Real World (alone, of course!) But seriously, as long as its creative, I would be doing it.
All my best ideas happen when I sleep.

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Interests and Hobbies

Postby SandWshooter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:38 pm

History stuff, collecting books/movies/knives/guns, reading, hunting, target shooting, playing video games (sometimes)
Hi, mac!

Dutchman
MBTI code: ENTJ

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Dutchman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Playing guitar, playing chess, quantum physics, training (powerlifting and maybe later strongman), swimming, walking outside etc.

Justice

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Justice » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Reading, collecting books and tvseries, walking outside with my dog, puzzles

Alty

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Alty » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Gaming, playing golf, building houses the way I wanted to, travelling more

Kaspi
MBTI code: INTJ

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Kaspi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:16 am

For me, it´s reading, watching movies, drawing (I am into animation these days, so I am mostly drawing that), pc games, internet, cooking and that´s all I can think of now.

Justice

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Justice » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:35 am

Geocaching! :whistle:

:Cowbow:

tongue35

Interests and Hobbies

Postby tongue35 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:04 pm

true crime(reading about it lol), videogames, tv shows, working out, podcasts, sports...

chevygirl
MBTI code: INFP

Interests and Hobbies

Postby chevygirl » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:02 pm

I love animals. If I had the time, money, space, and education I would breed some sort of dog. I also wish I had more time to garden. I love growing plants but I don't have time to have a really beautiful one like I would like. I also like to just sit and read. I would love to be able to spend more time doing photography as well. With my full time job and part time college I hardly have time for any of this right now unfortunately.

SandWshooter

Interests and Hobbies

Postby SandWshooter » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:02 am

Now that I am established here and am a moderator and therefore can't be shunned (TRY IT, PUNKS. See what happens), I can just straight up say that one of my biggest hobbies and interests is GUNS! :Cowbow:

I love 'em, and I spend a lot of time studying them just because; next month I'm even getting my CCL so I can carry mine with me
Hi, mac!

Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Annie » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:42 pm

At the moment my hobbies are only extending to browsing the internet and occasional photography. My pets are possibly a hobby.
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

Tsuki

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Tsuki » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:32 pm

Mine's are usualy, drawing, playing video games, watching movies/anime/cartoons/series, going out with friends once in a while and crafting stuff. But lately I've just been lazying around on the internet :L

Mads
MBTI code: ISTP

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Mads » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:02 pm

SandWshooter wrote:Now that I am established here and am a moderator and therefore can't be shunned (TRY IT, PUNKS. See what happens), I can just straight up say that one of my biggest hobbies and interests is GUNS! :Cowbow:

I love 'em, and I spend a lot of time studying them just because; next month I'm even getting my CCL so I can carry mine with me

i wish i had a gun

i have an airgun tho, its fun to plink with

SandWshooter

Interests and Hobbies

Postby SandWshooter » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Mads wrote:i wish i had a gun

i have an airgun tho, its fun to plink with

Get you a Mosin; they're cheap, the ammo's cheap, and they're very durable. Plus, if you get one that's a little beat up, you can trick it out without worrying about messing with the historical value
Hi, mac!

Mads

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Mads » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:43 pm

SandWshooter wrote:
Get you a Mosin; they're cheap, the ammo's cheap, and they're very durable. Plus, if you get one that's a little beat up, you can trick it out without worrying about messing with the historical value

I live in a country where if a cop shoots a criminal, the cop gets arrested for murder/attempted murder. Owning a gun here is extremely difficult, and target practicing with one is even harder because complaints, etc.

If I could own a mosin I would bro, I would. I already thought of getting a .22 but even that requires too much paperwork and time. Plus the ammo is expensive as fuck.

such is life in portugal.

SandWshooter

Interests and Hobbies

Postby SandWshooter » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:50 pm

Mads wrote:I live in a country where if a cop shoots a criminal, the cop gets arrested for murder/attempted murder. Owning a gun here is extremely difficult, and target practicing with one is even harder because complaints, etc.

If I could own a mosin I would bro, I would. I already thought of getting a .22 but even that requires too much paperwork and time. Plus the ammo is expensive as fuck.

Get Glorious Portuguese PTR smuggled to you-->go to República de Moçambique--> take it back from stupid-ass FRELIMO dirtbags-->own whatever you want

Hi, mac!

Tsuki

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Tsuki » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:23 am

Mads wrote:
I live in a country where if a cop shoots a criminal, the cop gets arrested for murder/attempted murder. Owning a gun here is extremely difficult, and target practicing with one is even harder because complaints, etc.

I knew your description sounded too similar to my country. So you're from Portugal as well? haha

Mads

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Mads » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:03 am

Tsuki wrote:I knew your description sounded too similar to my country. So you're from Portugal as well? haha

Aye aye :D From glorious Ribatejo :|

Tsuki

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Tsuki » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:54 am

Mads wrote:
Aye aye :D From glorious Ribatejo :|

Too many coincidences going on haha :D
I'm from ribatejo as well, rather close to Lisbon.

Mads

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Mads » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Tsuki wrote:Too many coincidences going on haha :D
I'm from ribatejo as well, rather close to Lisbon.

Well, that is interesting! such a small world :D

Close to Lisbon? let me guess... Vila Franca?

Tsuki

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Tsuki » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:27 pm

Mads wrote:Well, that is interesting! such a small world :D

Close to Lisbon? let me guess... Vila Franca?

Haha bingo!
Indeed it's such a small world sometimes :D

Quidel

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Quidel » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:22 am

SandWshooter wrote:Now that I am established here and am a moderator and therefore can't be shunned (TRY IT, PUNKS. See what happens), I can just straight up say that one of my biggest hobbies and interests is GUNS! :Cowbow:

Not really into guns but I love to shoot targets. That's expensive though and I haven't done it for awhile. I do own my own shotgun but, not for target practice.

SandWshooter

Interests and Hobbies

Postby SandWshooter » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:53 am

Quidel wrote:Not really into guns but I love to shoot targets. That's expensive though and I haven't done it for awhile. I do own my own shotgun but, not for target practice.

It is an expensive hobby, but you can do it on the cheap if you trade the expenditure of cash with that of time looking for deals
Hi, mac!

Quidel

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Quidel » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Oh believe me, deals are how I live. The bullets are expensive though. lol, was just thinking: intruder comes into the house - I point shotgun at him and say, 'please leave, shells are expensive and I'd hate to waist it on you'. :D

fufufu

Interests and Hobbies

Postby fufufu » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:27 am

I read : this is my main activity with playing music : I read on the computer, read a book.

SandWshooter

Interests and Hobbies

Postby SandWshooter » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:07 pm

fufufu wrote:I read : this is my main activity with playing music : I read on the computer, read a book.

I love books, too
Hi, mac!

Sylan
MBTI code: INTP

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Sylan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:22 pm

This thread made me retrospect and realize how much I could be doing and I'm not due to my absurd levels of laziness. That being said, I'll, most of the times, be gaming, watching something, reading reddit (/r/askscience eats hours of my day) and programming on some important projects I should pay more attention to.

Orientalist

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Orientalist » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:24 am

tongue35 wrote:true crime(reading about it lol), videogames, tv shows, working out, podcasts, sports...

I used to read a lot of true crime, mainly John Douglas and Anne Rule. But after I got through all the serial killers and on to abusers of women, it got too depressing.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

Orientalist

Interests and Hobbies

Postby Orientalist » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:58 am

Two of my interests, which are in fact a way of life, are travel and Buddhism. Fortunately, I've been able to combine these by travelling in Asia. Since I can't travel all the time, I got interested in photography as a way of preserving my travels. Conveniently, I'm also interested in ancient architecture, so photographing old temples or churches became another hobby. When I'm not travelling, I go to music concerts (classical orchestral music or blues guitarists), watch movies or quality TV series, and read. Since reading can consume a lot of time, I have a rule that I should learn something from a book. So it used to be all non-fiction, but lately I've been reading a lot of historical fiction/romance.

I'm pretty active on social media, mostly discussing Asian culture or politics, and also posting my photos. I even post a few selfies these days. :whistle:

Oh, yeah, I go to the gym every day or at least walk in the park to stay fit.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

Sketchpen

Re: Interests and Hobbies

Postby Sketchpen » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:19 pm

I have been interested in many things over the years. One thing I still like to do is draw but at the moment I am hooked to Genealogy. So busy researching my ancestors on the internet that I do nothing else lol.

oldwoman

Re: Interests and Hobbies

Postby oldwoman » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:50 pm

Sailing, kayaking, snorkeling, squash, tennis, pool, walking my dogs, writing, philosophy, psychology. I might try my hand at gardening and hobby farming again too.

Return to “General”