Highschool

Talk about anything general that doesn't fit into any other category.
TBsweetheart
MBTI code: ISTJ

Highschool

Postby TBsweetheart » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 pm

What was/is highschool like for you? I'm still in highschool right now and I can't wait to leave and go off on my own and become my own person, and never see some of these people again :lol:. I think highschool teaches/informs you about the different situations that will face you in your adult life and how to deal with them, so therefore I think highschool is a necessary learning environment in some cases.
But being an introvert, I find myself vastly more mature than some teenagers my age, and so it is hard to find people to relate to and have a good converstion that does not involve parties or boys or the latest gossip. I've never actually been to a 'party' in highschool and I don't feel like I've missed out on anything really, I prefer my own company or the copany of like minded people.

Tell me some of your highschool experiences :)....

SandWshooter

Highschool

Postby SandWshooter » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Meh
Hi, mac!

IWHMA
MBTI code: INFP

Highschool

Postby IWHMA » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:47 pm

High school wasn't that terrible. I had a few good friends, intelligent people. Classes were easy and it didn't matter all that much if I blew off the homework. I graduated top 10% of my ~500 student class.

I don't find it all that necessary.... I suppose it depends on the person.

Same with college. It can be good or bad. It may be necessary or unnecessary, too, all depending on the person.

Kaspi
MBTI code: INTJ

Highschool

Postby Kaspi » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:26 am

High school was nice for me. But I may think this only because elementary school sucked. In high school, I was in class with nice people and I remember it being fun. It was also in high school, when all my "partying experiments" took place, the best holidays took place (school trip to Spain for 10 days). Of course I found the school boring just like everybody, but from university point of view, at least there was some diversity in the subjects. I don´t know, I am probably clouded by the nice memories and I forgot the bad things. Exactly opposite to my memories of elementary school. :D

Justice

Highschool

Postby Justice » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:41 am

I hated highschool! All those people! And I didn't know the concept of introverism yet, so I just thought I was weird and antisocial.
Yuck, I'm so glad I'm all done with any school :D

Dutchman
MBTI code: ENTJ

Highschool

Postby Dutchman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:42 pm

If I could infinitely loop a certain stage of my life it'd be the last couple years of high school. No worries, no cares, infinite physical and mental energy, a lot of free time etc.

scott85

Highschool

Postby scott85 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Justice wrote:I hated highschool! All those people! And I didn't know the concept of introverism yet, so I just thought I was weird and antisocial.
Yuck, I'm so glad I'm all done with any school :D

it was the same for me. I wish I had known about introversion back then too. I made it regardless and graduated, then some college.
People that don't understand you can't help you

Molly
MBTI code: ISFJ

Highschool

Postby Molly » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:02 pm

I enjoyed high school. It kept me away from homelife, which wasn't that great at the time, and I could stay in the library reading when I didn't have classes. Yaaay!
All my best ideas happen when I sleep.

Skywalker
MBTI code: INFJ

Highschool

Postby Skywalker » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:46 pm

I'm still in highscool and it's not that bad. I have a few close friends and I get along well with most of the others. To be honest i dread the day i am finished with school and are out there on my own.

Dutchman
MBTI code: ENTJ

Highschool

Postby Dutchman » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:03 pm

That doesn't have to be the case. I finished high school five/six years ago. I still see my friends from that time at least once a month. I even go on holiday with a couple of them this summer. A good friendship doesn't have to end.

Justice

Highschool

Postby Justice » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:31 am

Molly wrote:I could stay in the library reading when I didn't have classes. Yaaay!

:Dancing1:

SandWshooter

Highschool

Postby SandWshooter » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:52 am

Molly wrote: I could stay in the library reading when I didn't have classes. Yaaay!

I had a class Senior year in which that was all I really had to do. I could have left, but I didn't feel like driving to school because of the traffic in the mornings, so I just stayed
Hi, mac!

Pathfinder

Highschool

Postby Pathfinder » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:09 am

I was a bit of a "bad boy" in highschool. I could tell you about my experiences but then I'd have to kill you...lol. All kidding aside though, highschool was one of the best times of my life. I had so little to worry about and experienced a lot of "firsts". I also made friends that I still have over 35 years later.

Creativespirit

Highschool

Postby Creativespirit » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:33 pm

I agree with the people who have said that they wished they knew about introversion when they were in high school. I expended lots of energy trying to always fit in. I spent much more time on my social agenda than doing work, although I got all A's and B's. Graduated magna cum laude from college, even though I still spent lots of time and energy trying to fit in, and trying to stay in! (I don't mean hanging out with the "cool" kids either.) Now I am a homeschooling mom, and since most of my kids are teens and young adults, I finally can stop trying to fit in! I can spend some time staying home writing and painting and reading all alone! Yayyyyyyy!

Snowcrow

Highschool

Postby Snowcrow » Tue May 13, 2014 10:14 pm

I didn't enjoy high school. It was terrible, I always felt like there was something wrong with me for not partying all the time. I couldn't identify with anyone and I my mom kept telling me I should go out more. I'm much more comfortable with myself now. If I had a device that could transport me back to high school times, I'd smash it with a hammer and throw it in a fire.

SandWshooter

Highschool

Postby SandWshooter » Wed May 14, 2014 4:19 am

Snowcrow: 100% willing to throw away a chance to go mess with past-jerks and make bets based on events that no one knows the outcome to yet. Way to blow it
Hi, mac!

Snowcrow

Highschool

Postby Snowcrow » Wed May 14, 2014 10:29 pm

SandWshooter wrote:Snowcrow: 100% willing to throw away a chance to go mess with past-jerks and make bets based on events that no one knows the outcome to yet. Way to blow it

Nothing good comes of time travel. Anyone who's watched the Back to the Future trilogy knows that.

Justice

Highschool

Postby Justice » Sat May 17, 2014 4:55 pm

:D

Annie

Highschool

Postby Annie » Sat May 17, 2014 9:23 pm

For me High School itself was fine. The majority of the people that I had to spend 5 years with were not.

I much preferred to spend breaks on my own reading but a girl kind of latched onto me and ruined that. She also constantly got me into trouble even when I wasn't there. She also had "problems" that the school expected me to fix. Seriously?!?!

College and Art College were terrible but around 10% more interesting that high school...
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

fufufu

Highschool

Postby fufufu » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:36 am

I hated it from the beginning to the end, form the beginning of my teenagehood to now, I felt depressed, I wanted everything to be better at socialysing all the time, to be an extravert (someone else);
I regret I stopped studying and spending time with some of my interests because of feeling sad. I got my A levels but I turned into a bad student.
I'm glad I go to college now, I want to be a better student now.

Tsuki

Highschool

Postby Tsuki » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:21 am

I actualy like highschool a lot, sure most people in my class hated me for no reason but I still had good friends there and in other classes. They were nice times, but right now college isn't being nearly as nice, unfortunately.

Andy
MBTI code: INFP

Highschool

Postby Andy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:27 am

Highschool was alright. First 3 years kind of sucked as I somehow ended up making some enemies. My last 3 years were decent, but was so fed up with course materials that I ended up joining the military instead of going to university right away. Being back into post-secondary studies on a casual basis, I seem to like it here more to be honest :)

Sylan
MBTI code: INTP

Highschool

Postby Sylan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:57 am

For me, highschool was a pretty awkward phase and a huge learning experience. I got to learn about life in general, I got to learn about myself, I got to learn about relationships. I spent my highschool years trying my hardest to blend in only to then realize that I don't have to push myself that hard to be someone I am not because, in the end, it doesn't pay off. I learnt that if I want to meet like-minded people I had to stop wearing masks. It were 3 horrible years for me personally, but it taught me a lot.

Orientalist

Highschool

Postby Orientalist » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:27 am

From the age of 13 I considered school a prison. I couldn't wait to get out.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Highschool

Postby Daisy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:35 am

I hated high school, I didn't stay till graduation, I quit at Easter break, got my diploma in the mail.

I didn't know then that I was an Introvert.

Orientalist

Highschool

Postby Orientalist » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:17 am

Me neither.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

ruberbandman9

Highschool

Postby ruberbandman9 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:13 pm

I had an awful time in highschool. Probably because I'm stupid intelligence-wise and socially. Plus none of the students in my school really understood me. Not to mention I was getting constantly harassed by the special ed teacher for stupid reasons.

Return to “General”