Grammar Nazi?

Talk about anything general that doesn't fit into any other category.
Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

Grammar Nazi?

Postby Annie » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:28 pm

I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Re: Grammar Nazi?

Postby Daisy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:26 am

I am one,

ZaHEER

Postby ZaHEER » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:02 pm

what I think ? Judging from your avatar (Pic) .. I think you like cartoons

Raincloud
MBTI code: INFP

Postby Raincloud » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:13 am

I think that's an extreme term to use for it. But I do tend to notice errors, and they do bother me. I usually keep silent, unless it's in a book that I paid for, and then I might complain loudly - to someone.

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:09 am

Proper spelling and grammar is mandatory for Introvert Island users, or I'm snapping a pencil off in your ear
Hi, mac!

Xsolrac

Postby Xsolrac » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:35 am

Proper spelling and grammar is a must for me. It really pains me that my grammar in my native language sucks.
Why does it has to be that way?

AcousticPond

Postby AcousticPond » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:33 pm

I'm a stickler for proper grammar, spelling and punctuation (and yes, I'm definitely an introvert). In my defense, my mother was a teacher, so language rules were drilled into me at an early age, and I also worked as a newspaper editor for a time, so those rules did have some importance in relation to me collecting a paycheck. But, honestly, when I see misspellings or careless grammar, I tend to view a person as lazy or uneducated. In my opinion, if you want to come across as competent and you want people to take you seriously, write accordingly.

samalyzer

Postby samalyzer » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:30 am

I'm fairly severe on bad written grammar, but it's primarily because I see it as a symptom of failing education systems. For example: Huffington Post depends on independent (free-lance) bloggers for approximately 70% of their content. They save money by paying the bloggers very little for their work, but more importantly, they have virtually NO editorial scrutiny before publication. When you read a piece on Huffington, you'll see the most egregious grammatical errors and word confusion (cite, site, sight, etc). We're seeing the end result of the attitude in the education system that success in organizing thought and presenting it in writing supercedes the "mundane" necessity of presenting it in correct grammatical form.

Return to “General”