Introvertion not the only problem!

Talk about anything general that doesn't fit into any other category.
Sketchpen

Introvertion not the only problem!

Postby Sketchpen » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:38 pm

What if been an introvert is not the only problem you suffer from. I suffer from disliking the way I look, so I hide from society. The older I am getting the more uglier I think I am and do not want people to see me. I do not have a job and do not want to get one, yet I need to work to survive. Have been living on handouts from relatives. I have suffered from this since a teenager and blame it on puberty, for my body changed for the worst.

Does anyone else have more problems than just being an introvert?

oldwoman

Re: Introvertion not the only problem!

Postby oldwoman » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:46 pm

That's a tough one. The only advice I can give you is to do the best you can with what you've got. I always notice people that take good care of themselves. They may not be that good looking, but they look like they put some effort into themselves and they look healthier. That stuff becomes more important as you get older anyway. It makes you feel better about yourself in general and more accepted by society.

Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Postby Orientalist » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:56 pm

More problems? Yeah. Chronic pain night and day!
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby Annie » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:45 pm

Orientalist wrote:More problems? Yeah. Chronic pain night and day!

This!
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Postby Daisy » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:48 am

Sketchpen, You are being too hard on yourself. You will find someone to share your feelings with. There is someone for everyone, It really is all a state of mind. :)

Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Postby Orientalist » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:28 am

Sketchpen wrote:What if been an introvert is not the only problem you suffer from. I suffer from disliking the way I look, so I hide from society. The older I am getting the more uglier I think I am and do not want people to see me. I do not have a job and do not want to get one, yet I need to work to survive. Have been living on handouts from relatives. I have suffered from this since a teenager and blame it on puberty, for my body changed for the worst.

Does anyone else have more problems than just being an introvert?

You need to get a job first, and that will boost your self-esteem. Regarding the way you look, you can always do a makeover. There's a lot you can do with a new hairstyle, contact lenses, teeth fixed and new clothes. The time to do it is NOW! You will look a lot worse in 10 years' time.

When you've done this, spend some time and money on a good photo and put yourself out on an online dating site. It may take years, but you'll find someone.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

Raincloud
MBTI code: INFP

Postby Raincloud » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:35 am

Sure, loads. I have chronic pain, low income, social anxiety, and I think I'm mildly autistic.

I don't really consider being an introvert a problem, it's just who I am. Even all the other stuff is only a problem when I let it be, let it take over and limit me. Which I do a lot, don't get me wrong, but that's my story about it doing that.

There are jobs out there that don't require a lot of interaction. It's just a little trickier to find them, requires some luck, some word of mouth, and sometimes a lot of patience. Whatever you do, don't lose heart. Is it possible for you to get any counseling regarding your body image difficulties?

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:53 pm

I have an anxiety disorder, and a pretty serious back injury. Working on minimizing both of them
Hi, mac!

nicoclone

Postby nicoclone » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:42 pm

I don't know.. with this kind of probs.. but.. I am an introvert nerdy skinny shy (I can't look at people's eyes dieectly especially girls)..., but I am still enjoying my life... just find a hobby or dream or anything else.. or date with someone that accept u the way u are..

bunnysmom25

Postby bunnysmom25 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:50 pm

I agree with old women, if i am feeling ugly then I just clean up and get myself together, clipping or doing my nails, cleaning up my brows, shopping for a new outfit and throwing on a little make up. When I feel clean and put together I feel hot as hell lol.

bunnysmom25

Postby bunnysmom25 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:52 pm

In all seriousness I have a low self esteem and im very shy too. But cleaning house, doing a little work out and putting myself together always gives me a confidence boost.

Pathfinder
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby Pathfinder » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Sketchpen wrote:I suffer from disliking the way I look, so I hide from society. The older I am getting the more uglier I think I am and...

Welcome to the real world kid. We all have things about us that we don't like, and we all have other afflictions. In my opinion, the path to healing yourself is to accept the person that you are and to stop worrying about what other people think. The first hard lesson I had to learn growing up was that not everyone liked or accepted me. No matter what I did the end result was always the same, still people disliked me for what ever pathetic reason and wouldn't accept me for who I was or allow me to fit in. One day I decided that I can either bust my hump trying to make everyone else happy, or I can just do my own thing and make myself and what few friends I had happy. I chose the latter and honestly that's worked out very well for me. But it's tough to train yourself to not care about what others think.

So lets say you really are ugly. (Many of us are but always remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.) So what? How much effort are you willing to put out to try and make the thousands of people you'll deal with the rest of your life happy and accepting? If you're a good person, other good wholesome people will look beyond what ever your issues are. The rest don't matter because you now know what they're made of. Their just a waste of skin. Be true to yourself. You'll be much happier in the end. One word of caution though. If you're suffering from depression (or even if you're not sure), please seek some medical advice. My wife suffered heavily from depression with out even realizing it, she got some help and it's really made a huge difference.

Return to “General”