Something that i realize about social anxiety

Talk about anything general that doesn't fit into any other category.
mario2

Something that i realize about social anxiety

Postby mario2 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:39 am

Hey Mario here,

I know how it feels, ive been there. I suffered from social anxiety for a good 8 years.

You hear a group of people laughing and you thinks is about you,you make eye contact and then immediately look away feeling embarrassed.
Sometime your body shakes,you sweat ,and then you can feel how your voice is affected and change the way it sounds.

With the time i realize that, nothing bad is happening in reality, nobody is looking at you, nobody is laughing at you.
Is just in your imagination.

There was moments that i didn't feel social anxiety at all, i don't know if this is the case for everyone, but it was my particular case.
Sometimes i felt like everything was clicking , my conversations with people, girls, etc. were good.
And than i asked myself why is that?
I realized that, when im not in my head following my thoughts and completely present in the moment my anxiety goes away.

If i was anxious at some moments and not anxious at other moments, which one was i ? The anxious guy or the guy that could speak with people. I was neither. Anxiety feels very real but i realized that it was not, you can be in room full of people and some of them are not feeling social anxiety , if it were a fact everyone would feel it.
If an earthquake is happening everyone will feel it, isn't true? At least that is how i see it .

If you want you can try this.
This exercise worked really well for me.I don't know if is gonna work for everyone.

Write down every story that you have about yourself
I'm ugly/smart/stupid/boring/funny whatever it is for you .
Then ask this question , am i (insert story here) 100% of the time? If not, how do i know that's a fact ?
And then , write down a reason as to why the opposite of what you think you are could be true ,example: i believe im stupid. Opposite reason: ive been told that im smart, or i passed a hard test,etc.

Hopefully this helps you in some way.
If you have any question i will be happy to help marioo21@hotmail.com

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Re: Something that i realize about social anxiety

Postby Daisy » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:39 am

Welcome Mario2, That's good advice. :)

Return to “General”