When was the last time you went to the library?

Talk about anything general that doesn't fit into any other category.
QuietMo

When was the last time you went to the library?

Postby QuietMo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:33 am

I've always known I am an introvert but I never fully understood what it meant. I thought it just meant that I sometimes prefer to be alone, reading or just relaxing in quiet. I recently enrolled in college to get my Master's degree, which I'm really excited about. I decided to go for a degree in something I love: Library Science!
My dream is to work in a public library. I know libraries are changing. There are more public programs than there used to be and they're not as quiet as they used to be either.
When was the last time you were in a library? I know a lot of information can be found online, which means you don't have to talk to anyone to find it. But I did used to enjoy talking to some of the librarians I met, so I kind of miss that.

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Re: When was the last time you went to the library?

Postby Daisy » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:17 pm

I go to the library about once a week.

Butterfly88

Postby Butterfly88 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:22 pm

I went to the library about 2 weeks ago. I am going again tomorrow.

Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Postby Orientalist » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:24 am

When I visited relatives in the UK this year I found the library was only open 2 full days and two half days a week. People seem to go there to read the papers and use the Internet terminals.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby SandWshooter » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:44 am

Few weeks ago
Hi, mac!

QuietMo

Postby QuietMo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:04 am

It's good to see we're still visiting our libraries even if there is more going on than there used to be! It was my sanctuary as a kid, when I was old enough to go out by myself. Back then librarians shushed you if you made too much noise.

Butterfly88

Postby Butterfly88 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Went to the library yesterday. Sat alone in a room for most of the time at my computer. It was relaxing.

Divchyna

Postby Divchyna » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:19 am

I went to the library today. I go there at least once a week, however, I mostly borrow audio books online from my local library these days. I prefer audio books. I still like to go to a physical library and browse the new books or magazines. I like libraries a lot - perfect quiet places for an introvert.

Butterfly88

Postby Butterfly88 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:32 pm

I went to the library today.

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:46 am

Hi, this is my first post here.

I work next to a library and go there a few times a week. I also go to my local library about once a week and was there yesterday.

QuietMo

Postby QuietMo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:13 am

Solitaire, I'm studying to be a librarian. It's my dream job. I started a little late in life but I'm really excited about it.

Rainydaylove

Postby Rainydaylove » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:04 pm

I went to the library a few weeks ago. Very nice. I sat in the reading room and read the current monthy magazines that were out. Save me buying them. A couple of other people in there either on their laptop or reading a book or newspaper.
I like going there. It is relaxing. It also has nice landscaping too where you can sit on a bench under a tree. They are in the process of building a whole new library to replace the current building which hopefully will be finished next year some time. I'm interested to see how that will turn out. I am hoping it's going to be good.

Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby Annie » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:28 pm

I was banned from my local library for not handing a book in (I did).
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

QuietMo

Postby QuietMo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:38 pm

Annie wrote:I was banned from my local library for not handing a book in (I did).

Seriously?? That's awful that they'd ban you! Why didn't they check to see if the book was returned to the stacks without it being properly returned by them? :(

When my daughter was little she started to get fussy and cry while I was in line waiting to check out a book. She was in a stroller and it was nap time. I was already in line but the guy at the circulation desk looked at me like he'd kick me out if I didn't make my kid stop crying but we were already leaving so I didn't care about it much.

LeanneRose

Postby LeanneRose » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:28 am

I go to the library about once a week. I have always been a big reader. I usually get a stack of books and then go home and skim them. Good luck with the library science.

QuietMo

Postby QuietMo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:52 pm

LeanneRose wrote:I go to the library about once a week. I have always been a big reader. I usually get a stack of books and then go home and skim them. Good luck with the library science.

Thank you LeanneRose. I've finished one semester and I'm looking forward to my second semester. I'd forgotten how fun and challenging college is.

I love my local library! My only problem is that I can't stop buying books at the thrift store so I have my own personal library to get through; but I do still go to the library, even just to sit and read my own books. :geek:

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:28 am

Annie wrote:I was banned from my local library for not handing a book in (I did).

I literally lost one and they took my word for it that I turned it in. Found it after a while, put it on the shelf next time I was there
Hi, mac!

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Postby Kurtis » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:50 am

I guess it must depend on the library. I don't usually go libraries to read, they're more of a last ditch effort if I need to access a computer for some reason. I've never really been a heavy reader but I have read a book or two in my time. It's just finding the energy to get into them usually for me, though once I am I'm hooked till the end.

Sketchpen

Postby Sketchpen » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:15 pm

The last time I when to a library was about 5 years ago. Could never find the books I wanted to read. And when doing research on a subject there never seamed to be a book on the topic in the library. ( Live in a small town) So gave up going and do all my research and reading online.

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:51 pm

If I wasn't otherwise occupied, I'd go check out the neat old DOOM novelizations my library (hopefully still) has
Hi, mac!

Return to “General”