Cannabis.

Talk about anything general that doesn't fit into any other category.
Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

Cannabis.

Postby Annie » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:59 pm

I am wondering what people think of cannabis.

At the moment I am growing a few plants because I suffer with a condition called Hypermobility Syndrome. This means that my joints are too bendy and everything hurts! So I am trying anything at the moment.

Unfortunately these plants are illegal in the UK.

I don't agree with being constantly stoned and not being able to function.

So, what do people think about it?
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Cannabis.

Postby SandWshooter » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:19 pm

I don't see anything wrong with it, but stoners and stoner culture can all collectively go suck start a shotgun
Hi, mac!

Lazuli5000

Cannabis.

Postby Lazuli5000 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:09 am

I don't know what your medicinal system is like in the UK, but they do make THC in pill form. It's supposed to have all the benefits, but not make you stoned.

Personally, smoking makes me feel slow for a few days after. As if my brains working at 50%. It's a very frustrating feeling to me, so I don't smoke.

Tsuki

Cannabis.

Postby Tsuki » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:36 pm

I personaly don't like it when it's just used for the sake of getting stoned, so when it comes to stoners and that stuff it's just a huge nope.
However I completly agree with its use for health problems, they have their set of properties that help with problems like yours and such after, so they should be put to use in that sense.
It's just really the whole "stoner culture" thing that gets rather annoying and gives it a bad name.

SandWshooter

Cannabis.

Postby SandWshooter » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:06 pm

New thought: it ought to be legal just so people will shut the fuck up about it and to generate tax revenue, but only those whose brains are fully developed (let's say 25+ year old folks) should have access to it, and anyone under that caught with it get a beating and monthly drug tests. Getting sick of seeing people stunt their development by starting smoking early on and go from smart to borderline retarded
Hi, mac!

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Cannabis.

Postby Kurtis » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:06 pm

SandWshooter wrote:New thought: it ought to be legal just so people will shut the fuck up about it and to generate tax revenue,

I have one reservation with this; there's already a shit ton of taxes in place both in America and the UK. There's a good poem about it, it's American but we in the UK have most of these anyway. Hereis:

Tax Poem
Tax his land,
Tax his bed,
Tax the table
At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes
Are the rule.

Tax his work,
Tax his pay,
He works for peanuts
Anyway!

Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
Tax his shirt,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he
Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,
Tax his beers,
If he cries
Tax his tears.

Tax his car,
Tax his gas,
Find other ways
To tax his ---.

Tax all he has
Then let him know
That you won't be done
Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers,
Then tax him some more,
Tax him till
He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in
Which he's laid.

Put these words
Upon his tomb,
"Taxes drove me to my doom..."

When he's gone,
Do not relax,
Its time to apply
The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Excise Taxes
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax (44.75 cents per gallon)
Gross Receipts Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Personal Property Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service Charge Tax
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax
Sales Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA) Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring & Non-recurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest
middleclass in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened? what is the Etymology of the word "politics"
Poly - many
Tics - Blood sucking creatures

As far as I know, the poem was originally by someone called Morpheus Titania (and copied from here.)

I think it's a brilliant poem, and outlines perfectly where we stand as far as economic wealth goes and I think it's a key hindrance to the growth of our economy(s) (that and arguably too many laws).

As for specifically the Cannabis issue, I'm personally very impartial to it, I honestly couldn't care less if people smoked the stuff, snorted it, grew them in the back-garden simply because they look pretty so long as you keep the stuff to yourself and not harming anybody else.

Annie

Cannabis.

Postby Annie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:12 pm

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

SandWshooter

Cannabis.

Postby SandWshooter » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:22 pm

I don't agree with taxing everything, but you know it's goin' get taxed no matter what
Hi, mac!

Mads
MBTI code: ISTP

Cannabis.

Postby Mads » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:14 am

I smoke maybe once or twice a month on average.

Smoking with other people made me feel really paranoid but it's better now.

Smoking alone when there's noone to bother you for a few hours and listening to music can be great.

If you're new to smoking, here's a few tips:

If you're an overthinker like me it's easy to feel paranoia even if you're alone, and from one introvert to another, dont go out to crowded places while you're high, you'll regret it. Do not go to school while high.

If you're growing your own you're best off with Indica strains to ease your physical pain. And if you don't like to smoke you can make edibles. The effects when smoking last about 1-2 hours max, while injesting it last for at least 4-5 hours, sometimes more.

Make sure you don't take too much when starting to smoke else it may be a terrible experience. Take it easy the first few times until you find your ideal dose.

After smoking you can get a burnout similar to a hangover. Personally I get really tired and cant think properly for a few hours after smoking, sometimes a day or two.

Even though its a light drug, you can get really bad experiences while you're high. Bad trips are common. If you get one every time you smoke, stop smoking.

Again, smoking and music can be a beautiful experience.

https://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml

SandWshooter

Cannabis.

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:30 am

Mads wrote:Smoking with other people made me feel really paranoid but it's better now.

Yet another person I have to buy a stickin' knife for. Yay :|
Hi, mac!

Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Cannabis.

Postby Orientalist » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:08 am

Annie wrote:I am wondering what people think of cannabis.

At the moment I am growing a few plants because I suffer with a condition called Hypermobility Syndrome. This means that my joints are too bendy and everything hurts! So I am trying anything at the moment.

Have you tried Glucosamine with Chondroitin? It works wonders for some types of joint pain (arthritis and chondromalacia), so it might work for you.

As for cannabis, I wouldn't want to be constantly stoned. Being on Valium is bad enough.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

DebsWasRight

Cannabis.

Postby DebsWasRight » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:17 am

I smoke both recreationally and for medical reasons. I enjoy being high, but I also smoke in the evenings to deal with insomnia and the related anxiety. However I'm planning on quitting soon because I just can't handle it well. I have a couple of friends who can be high 24/7 and function like normal human beings and be productive, but I just become useless while high and have noticed it affects my motivation and problem-solving abilities even when I haven't smoked all day. I'm just going to try to deal with my insomnia/anxiety issues with meditation, because smoking only gives me short-term relief, and might be making things worse in the long-run.

freya99

Re: Cannabis.

Postby freya99 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:31 pm

I just registered becasue I really felt the need to answer your question. (as an introvert I'm sure I'll be looking around more)
That said, I don't know you nor your condition so my advice might not suit you completely. Just my fice cents.

Annie wrote:Unfortunately these plants are illegal in the UK.

I just can't understand why this drug doesn't have a legal counterpart for medical use. The drug has been used for centuries and has proven it's worth.
I've 'fed' someone with MS joints in the evening so that he could sleep... I think it's a terrible thing we push people in illegality because of some stupid idea that cannabis is something bad. The seddation at the dentist is connected to cocaïne but cannabis, my my that's terrible.
As someone said, they're working on a pill with THC without the mental effects but I don't think it is ready/commercialized yet.

So you have to find other ways.

Annie wrote:I don't agree with being constantly stoned and not being able to function.

As a recreational user for over 14 years I agree with you that being stoned or high all the time doesn't work. So I think the bad news is that these plants won't solve your problem 24/7 but only from time to time. Not only will the mental properties drain you in long term use but you're resistence will get higher as well.
With 'from time to time' I think you can only take 2 evenings a week if you're not used to the drug or it's effects.

If you don't smoke : than don't smoke cannabis either. A vaporizer will enable you to inhale the substance but not the smoke. But you will get stoned or high.

Like has been said before, I think you should get it in your system through your stomach. Not by cake or pancakes or something like that because you can't control the dosage that easy. Maybe you can do that in later stage. I think you should drink it.
From the plants you'll have the buds but also a lot of leaves and sticky branches, they're less potent but contain THC as well. For the first time, try to make cannabisbutter from it (recipes on internet). THC connects to calcium. You can than add the butter to tea or coffee (maybe it sounds odd but it's fine). I can't really tell how much, you'll have to figure it out while you're going. This was the most relaxed experience with cannabis I had. No, I wasn't stoned or high but extremely relaxed. And relaxed with as little psychologic effect as possible is what I understand you need.

Another thing. The antidotes for feeling too stoned are cold, sugar and sleep. What I do when it happens is get outside, drink a can of coke and try to get some sleep when the heavy edge is off.

(note: english is not my first language, it might show)

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kurtis » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Like has been said before, I think you should get it in your system through your stomach. Not by cake or pancakes or something like that because you can't control the dosage that easy. Maybe you can do that in later stage. I think you should drink it.

I've seen teh side-effects of snorting cannabis and other recreational drugs where people develop a hole in the middle of their nose which isn't a pleasant site. For it to get that bad though, you have to be doing it more or less all the time, and I think one way of circumventing this issue is like you have said; intake it through the stomach.

People tend to overuse it because it's a niche item; it's not readily available to the general public so when they find it, so when people find it they're more likely to over-indulge in it. It's like alcohol, you can't buy it until you're sixteen / eighteen / twenty-one (depending on where you live), and the side-effects show when people take the streets in huge numbers and seriously indugle.

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Postby Daisy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:07 am

I don't indulge, but here in Canada, it is now legal to grow and sell. There is no way for drugs to go away, so the Government figurers they may as well tax it.

Orientalist

Postby Orientalist » Tue May 24, 2016 3:42 am

Cannabis works well as an aphrodisiac. :whistle:

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Tue May 31, 2016 3:10 am

I don't care if people smoke, none of my business, but for most people it really seems like pot culture is just a way to validate staying (mentally) a teenager forever. As I've seen from people I know that are really into smoking, everything devolves from an experience into "dude remember that time we [thing] and got high?" or "I'm going to [thing] and get high", with the thing itself not particularly mattering. Also why does every stoner with a facebook spam everyone with this pseudoscience "weed cures everything" stuff? Is it supposed to distinguish them from those that smoke tobacco products? They're both still inhaling the carcinogens from smoke, and all these miracle cures, if processed into some kind of medicine, would very likely just contain whatever compound is beneficial, not what gets you high
Hi, mac!

brian189

Postby brian189 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:07 pm

SandWshooter wrote:I don't care if people smoke, none of my business, but for most people it really seems like pot culture is just a way to validate staying (mentally) a teenager forever. As I've seen from people I know that are really into smoking, everything devolves from an experience into "dude remember that time we [thing] and got high?" or "I'm going to [thing] and get high", with the thing itself not particularly mattering. Also why does every stoner with a facebook spam everyone with this pseudoscience "weed cures everything" stuff? Is it supposed to distinguish them from those that smoke tobacco products? They're both still inhaling the carcinogens from smoke, and all these miracle cures, if processed into some kind of medicine, would very likely just contain whatever compound is beneficial, not what gets you high

Absolutely agree with this statement. I'm so tired of people looking for some bullsh*t reason to legalize something that isn't really illegal in the first place. While it may be technically illegal, to listen to some of the pot culture people, you'd think prisons are overcrowded with stoners who got 20 years to life for possession of a joint. If you want to singe your brain, not my problem. Have at it. You don't need to justify your lifestyle. No one cares. Well, except your next employer.

risingpulsar

Postby risingpulsar » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:19 pm

I live in Washington State, where weed is legal. I smoke it for my depression.

I smoke a sativa strain: it gets me motivated to leave the house and be productive.

DC1346

Postby DC1346 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:44 pm

Annie wrote:I am wondering what people think of cannabis.

Unfortunately these plants are illegal in the UK.

I don't agree with being constantly stoned and not being able to function.

If it's illegal and you don't like being stoned, why are you doing this?

Have you seen a doctor for your medical condition?

Annie

Postby Annie » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:34 pm

DC1346 wrote:If it's illegal and you don't like being stoned, why are you doing this?

Have you seen a doctor for your medical condition?

I tried as all other options have failed so far. Cannabis also didn't work. There's no harm in trying.
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

Orientalist

Postby Orientalist » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:03 am

Annie, Cannabidiol (CBD), otherwise known as hemp oil, has been legal in the UK for a couple of years. This is extracted from a certain type of hemp plant with almost no THC. CBD is the good stuff with analgesic properties, THC is the "bad" stuff that gets you zonked. You can buy it on Amazon UK and distributors like CBD Brothers. I am going to give it a try when I am in the UK next month.

Annie

Postby Annie » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:57 pm

Orientalist wrote:Annie, Cannabidiol (CBD), otherwise known as hemp oil, has been legal in the UK for a couple of years. This is extracted from a certain type of hemp plant with almost no THC. CBD is the good stuff with analgesic properties, THC is the "bad" stuff that gets you zonked. You can buy it on Amazon UK and distributors like CBD Brothers. I am going to give it a try when I am in the UK next month.

Thanks! It's been recommended in a few of the facebook groups I am in, some say it's good and others aren't so sure :)
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

Orientalist

Postby Orientalist » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:06 am

I tried it for a month in August and it helped the pain enough for me to sleep, but that's all. However, everyone is different.

It looks like CBD will be effectively illegal in the UK soon as vendors are being told it is now considered a "medicine," which means selling it requires a licence. No doubt Big Pharma is behind this.

AcousticPond

Postby AcousticPond » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:16 pm

They're supposedly going to legalize it here in Canada, but I have no idea when that will happen (I'm sure BigPharma will try to block the legislation every step of the way).

As it stands, I do have a prescription for medicinal weed; the upside is that I can use it legally, the downside is that it isn't covered under my health plan, and even the 'cheap' stuff isn't really that cheap, so I tend to use it only when I can afford it. (I've had severe back problems for 20+ years, and I'm allergic to painkillers, so this was one of my few options - it works wonders for me). I can't wait to be able to grow my own.

I tend to become a bit more extroverted when I'm smoking it, but not anything substantial. I still always reach a point where I've had enough, and need to get the hell out of there and get some quiet time. It tends to make me laugh more and become a bit more open than I normally am.

bunnysmom25

Postby bunnysmom25 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:26 pm

Smoking has given me a major panic attack every single time I've tried it. Seemed like a way to get out of my head and bond with others, but it turned out to be the exact opposite. I would get high and notice my breathing all of a sudden, and worry if I was taking too many or not enough breaths. Or get so stuck in my head than I couldn't add to conversation, and I'd physically feel my chest was getting too tight and start to feel flighty if I couldn't get off my restricting bra that I would start hyperventilating!

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kurtis » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:43 pm

bunnysmom25 wrote:Smoking has given me a major panic attack every single time I've tried it. Seemed like a way to get out of my head and bond with others, but it turned out to be the exact opposite. I would get high and notice my breathing all of a sudden, and worry if I was taking too many or not enough breaths. Or get so stuck in my head than I couldn't add to conversation, and I'd physically feel my chest was getting too tight and start to feel flighty if I couldn't get off my restricting bra that I would start hyperventilating!

Sounds like you could be asthmatic to me. Smoking isn't great for you at any time really, but sudden systems like that are similar to when I try smoking (or even stand near to people who are smoking!)

bunnysmom25

Postby bunnysmom25 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:38 pm

Kurtis wrote:Sounds like you could be asthmatic to me. Smoking isn't great for you at any time really, but sudden systems like that are similar to when I try smoking (or even stand near to people who are smoking!)

I've never thought about it like that, but I smoke cigs so I feel like maybe that's not the case. Surely if I was asthmatic cigs would do the same thing to me. I've always chalked it up to panic attacks due to my introvert mindset.

Return to “General”