College and life

Talk about anything general that doesn't fit into any other category.
awww

College and life

Postby awww » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:40 am

I'm a Junior in high school and i went to visit a college today and the way of life seems completely unbearable and i feel like id go insane if i went there (if i went there i would have to live there.) Just during the 2 hour tour most of my mental energy got drained. The dorms are one small room with 2 beds and once i saw that i was like nope. How have/do you guys deal with college? I'm really interested in Psychology also and it seems like a fair amount of introverts are as well. Have any of you experienced what those fields are like?

As far as how i am I'm definitely very introverted. I always knew something was off with me and thought i had some form of autism or something since my friend has aspergers and it seems that we share similar outcomes due to how we are. It seems that the main difference is that he has anxiety when in social situations and my mental energy gets drained by them. Up until like October i had absolutely no idea what was off with me until I saw someone say they where introverted in a tumblr post and i looked up what it meant since i never heard of the term before.

As far as my introverted traits Kurtis basically described how it is for me in the "Looking for the telltale signs" in his last post. Sorry for getting off topic this is my first post and i wanted to get it all out there.

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

College and life

Postby SandWshooter » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:36 am

Don't worry too much about it; it'll take some time, but you'll adjust
Hi, mac!

TBsweetheart
MBTI code: ISTJ

College and life

Postby TBsweetheart » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:23 pm

awww wrote:I'm a Junior in high school and i went to visit a college today and the way of life seems completely unbearable and i feel like id go insane if i went there (if i went there i would have to live there.) Just during the 2 hour tour most of my mental energy got drained. The dorms are one small room with 2 beds and once i saw that i was like nope. How have/do you guys deal with college? I'm really interested in Psychology also and it seems like a fair amount of introverts are as well. Have any of you experienced what those fields are like?

As far as how i am I'm definitely very introverted. I always knew something was off with me and thought i had some form of autism or something since my friend has aspergers and it seems that we share similar outcomes due to how we are. It seems that the main difference is that he has anxiety when in social situations and my mental energy gets drained by them. Up until like October i had absolutely no idea what was off with me until I saw someone say they where introverted in a tumblr post and i looked up what it meant since i never heard of the term before.

As far as my introverted traits Kurtis basically described how it is for me in the "Looking for the telltale signs" in his last post. Sorry for getting off topic this is my first post and i wanted to get it all out there.

Hey there! I'm guessing you're new so i just wanted to say welcome (my bad if you aren't :D ).

I'm also a junior in high school, but I still have two more years until I go to college since my school has both grade 12 and 13 (which is like pre-college). I understand how it can be quite overwhelming since you're visiting a new environment, and being an introvert you're trying to take it all in. I think once you get use to the new environment you'll get rid of the initial anxiety, and I don't know if this is for all colleges, but I hear that you can select a roomate with a similar peronality to yours. I'm quite interested in psychology too, but not as a profession, i'm kind of leaning more towards the sciences.

I'm glad that you discovered you're introversion early on so you can learn more about it and subsequently, more about yourself. Continue researching; the deeper you get the more intriguing it is. :)

What's your MBTI?

awww

College and life

Postby awww » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:16 pm

I'm INTP.
Last edited by awww on Thu May 08, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

awww

College and life

Postby awww » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:17 pm

oops i dont know how to delete posts

Return to “General”