Researching introverts and the use of social media

Talk about anything general that doesn't fit into any other category.
PSTEN

Postby PSTEN » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a research project looking at how introverts use and perceive social media (mainly Facebook).

Personally I feel that this is an important subject to study further as our lives are becoming more and more virtual, and I wish to explore whether or not this development is ethical and sustainable.

For the research I am conducting interviews, and this is where I need your help! If anyone here would like to contribute to this project please get in contact with me. I can ensure full anonymity and you are free to withdraw at any point in time. A full ethical claimer will be distributed for those who wish to partake. The interview is likely to last 30-40 minutes and will take place in early June.

FYI - I am an introvert myself so I realize that an interview may seem a bit threatening and awkward, but I really think we can contribute to an important debate on an academic scale!

I would be truly grateful to anyone who wishes to participate. If you have any further questions about the study etc. do not hesitate to send me a message, email me, or post on this thread. Anything that is said/ written will not be used in the study.

Kind regards,
Pernille Stensli
P.Holtet-Stensli@lse.ac.uk

Pathfinder
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby Pathfinder » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi PSTEN. I'm not familiar with what a "ethical claimer" is. Can you please explain that? Also is this interview conducted on the phone? UK is a little far away for me...lol. Can you tell me what are your going to use the results of this project for? Will I be able to see the results myself?

Thanks - Pathfinder

PSTEN

Postby PSTEN » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:44 pm

The ethical claimer is basically a form saying that the interview will be used for research purposes, that it will be tape recorded and transcribed, that full anonymity will be preserved, and that the participant can choose to opt out of the interview at any point in time should he/she wish to do so. The form must be signed before any interview can be conducted.

The results of the project will be used for my dissertation at the London School of Economics. When the project is finalized I would be more than happy to share it with whomever wishes to see. The transcript of the interview can also be sent to the participant for inspection if he/she wants to.

The interviews will be conducted either by phone or Skype (no camera needed), whatever the participant feels most comfortable with.

I hope this answered your questions! Thanks for bringing it up Pathfinder - I see now that I was a bit unclear in my first post. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns :)

Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby Annie » Tue May 06, 2014 10:13 pm

I am unsure if you are still around but I would be happy to answer questions over Skype!
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

PSTEN

Postby PSTEN » Tue May 06, 2014 10:22 pm

Perfect! Thank you!

I will contact you when the interview process starts and we can set up a day/time :)

Return to “General”