What are you doing right now?

Talk about anything general that doesn't fit into any other category.
Snowcrow
MBTI code: INTJ

Postby Snowcrow » Mon May 06, 2013 4:15 pm

Statistics yay.... -_-

Skywalker
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby Skywalker » Wed May 08, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm worrying about a party tomorrow. It's one of those proper parties with loud music, dancing and drunk people I don't know. It's my best friend's so i have to go and that makes me really nervous. I'll hide in a corner, close my eyes and wait for it to be over...the old introvert+party problem. :?

Sunny49
MBTI code: ISFP

Postby Sunny49 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:17 pm

Eating ice cream.

LoneApothecary
MBTI code: INTP

Postby LoneApothecary » Thu May 16, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm currently coming up with more strange ideas for flash fiction.
"By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains fall out."

danaisirta
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby danaisirta » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:48 pm

Wondering if it's okay/healthy to bawl your eyes out when you solely imagine your 'crush' loving someone else.

Justice

Postby Justice » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Danaisirta! The other Dutch woman is back on this forum! :D:D

Sucks about your crush loving someone else. The same guy you talked about before?

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:50 pm

danaisirta wrote:Wondering if it's okay/healthy to bawl your eyes out when you solely imagine your 'crush' loving someone else.

Anything involving the loss of your eyes is not okay/healthy
Hi, mac!

danaisirta

Postby danaisirta » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:08 pm

Thanks, both of you made me smile.

And no it's not the same guy. Good memory though, that was 2 years ago :p

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:17 am

Fallout: NV, loading mags
Hi, mac!

Justice

Postby Justice » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:19 pm

danaisirta wrote:Thanks, both of you made me smile.

And no it's not the same guy. Good memory though, that was 2 years ago :p

:D Important things I always remember :whistle:

Anyway, nice to hear from you again! How are you...besides the feelings about that guy ;)

danaisirta

Postby danaisirta » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:56 pm

Justice wrote::D Important things I always remember :whistle:

Anyway, nice to hear from you again! How are you...besides the feelings about that guy ;)

xD Well. Right now I'm quite al right. I actually got a comment yesterday that I walked so happy, as if the sun was shining and the birds were chirping (and you know that's not the case here). I've had a rough year though. Days I couldn't sleep for more than 2 hours and then had to 'function' in college. One time I felt so awful/exhausted that I had to watch myself that I wouldn't pass out during class. My deepest low was 9-12, I really had the desire to just not exist. I wasn't considering suicide but I really wanted to 'not be there'. It was a (horrible) hollow feeling.
Of course this does have a reason. I wasn't depressed I just had too much stress I couldn't handle. And I slept and ate horribly. The main cause must be my brother. He's addicted to cannabis and he's one of the few who gets psychotic because of it. (talking like smeagol to himself, 'smudging' mirrors, believing nonsense) It fucks with his brain, his whole thinking and talking is altered. You can't have a real conversation with him. He's sleeps whole days and goes out at night to smoke weed. Doesn't do anything. Stopped his education long time ago. Oh and he crashed our car total loss, he himself was 'fine' though. At least now he's not getting the keys anymore (and we got nice new car which I love to drive :p). The thing is, we can't do anything. Except to try to keep contact with him. He doesn't see any problem. In may he really got in a psychosis (got diagnosed and committed) but now he doesn't acknowledge that.
And he can get weed anywhere, and it's cheap. We can't stop him from blowing. And the situation is not severe enough (anymore) for drastic measures. And we don't want him on the streets either.. So yeah. For a long time I couldn't look him in the eye. Wandered around everywhere because I didn't want to go home because of him. And while I'm telling, I also passed out during a concert where I stood first row after hours of waiting. Cried in the train back (was alone). I really am not a 'crybaby' but last year I even cried on the subway. Well, just tears running down, I never really broke down in public.
And I handled it by myself. No shoulder to lean on. But I got through. Now I'm genuinely smiling and feeling stronger than ever. I am happy on my own. Happy with myself. I say 'hello sexy' to our new car. I smile at birds. I really enjoyed a busride today. I keep myself healthy. I am keeping up with my study. I play games again. And now I have to go to sleep. How are you? :D finished law school right? Are you working now?

Justice

Postby Justice » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:14 pm

What an awful story about your brother. I can't relate about that, my sister is like me (sort of). But I know some guys who also threw their life away by smoking weed and blowing 24/7. It's ashame your brother is doing the same thing. Luckily, you 'got over it' and are happy again. It would be even more awful if your life would get bad because of what your brother is doing to himself.
I'm sorry you didn't have anyone to talk to or turn too in times of need. Everyone should at least have a someone to turn to.
I'm proud of you that you got through it al by yourself. You should be proud of yourself too. By the way, I laughed out loud at the 'hello sexy'. Do people look at you funny or do you get a 'hello sexy' back? :D
How is the study going? Which year is it now?

Well about me..I'm fine :p I finished law school january 2013, so a year now. Do not have any real work yet. By that I mean I don't actually have a job for which I studied all those years. I try not to think about it, because it depresses me a lot. A year and still nothing. Everybody else has a job in the meantime. I do get jobinterviews, but my introverism is getting in the way. Which is a problem. I always get the answer that I didn't get the job, because I don't look like I have the confidence to succeed at that job. Which is a lie, because I can and I will, at least if they give me a chance. My first impressions needs work. I'm working at that, but it's not anywhere near done.
But I do have work at a court, just not in my field. It's simple administration work. I like it though and I get to learn about law stuff. So I'm happy in a way, but it's not what I studied for all those years. And I know people talk about it behind my back, because I'm still unemployed (sortof). So it's a bit complicated :(

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am

Chillin' out, spitting blood into a glass because a portion of my gums swelled up for whatever reason
Hi, mac!

danaisirta

Postby danaisirta » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:33 am

@Justice; I'm in my third year. It's going quite alright despite everything. I made a few exams suboptimal but I'm still in the top 10%.
And don't feel sorry for me. I do have two good friends to whom I could talk / stay with if I wanted to. But I only reached to them a few times. I guess with that 'shoulder to lean on' I meant the fantasy I had a few times of a boyfriend. In those emotional situations it's easy to desire for that 'special someone' to cry on.
And no-one was around when I greeted the car :p To be honest I am not yet comfortable enough to do something like that when people are around. It holds me back a bit. However I do get funny looks because of 'minor' weird behaviour, when I'm just being me. Like when I laugh at my own thoughts in the subway.

Hm. It's sad that people don't look further than that outer shell and make it so important. I read one time that for some introverts it worked to explain about their introvertism a bit during a job interview. But I have no experience whatsoever. Good luck with it though. You will get there surely in time, no doubt. Don't worry about it too much, and don't let it depress you. And the people who talk about you behind your back, do they mean anything to you? Do you have to face them regularly? If not, then who cares? People who do that don't deserve your energy.

Justice

Postby Justice » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:46 am

Good to hear you have a few people to turn too :)
I know the feeling of missing a boyfriend in times of need. Haha I typed buyfriend first. That would make the solution, if you could just buy a boyfriend lol. Sorry, lame humor :D

Hahahha, try to say hi sexy when there are people around. Maybe someone answers :D. I laugh at my own jokes in my head, don't worry about it :p

And those people don't mean anything to me, but I do work with them everyday. So I feel like the idiot on the workfloor for some reason. But others are Always being very positive and really believe I will find a job soon. So I guess I will listen to them and not the others ;)

Do you know the 3js? I went to their concert yesterday and I'm still in happy mood about it. They can sing so good, i'm jealous of it :D
Sorry, just wanted to share that with you :p

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Postby Kurtis » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:26 am

However I do get funny looks because of 'minor' weird behaviour, when I'm just being me. Like when I laugh at my own thoughts in the subway.

:D I do that a lot... lol! I don't think I've ever attracted attention but I have started sniggering quietly in odd places such as at the back of a bus or in the underground at a train station when something funny popped into my head.

danaisirta

Postby danaisirta » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:56 pm

Kurtis wrote::D I do that a lot... lol! I don't think I've ever attracted attention but I have started sniggering quietly in odd places such as at the back of a bus or in the underground at a train station when something funny popped into my head.

I actually woke myself up once because I laughed at/in my dream. I'm not sure but I think I dreamt that I was about to kiss a guy, and then vomited right into his face. Like stan from southpark.

And Justice, I have to say that the 3Js aren't really 'my cup of tea' xD That goes for most dutch music. But I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :) Racoon is quite alright, probably because they also sing in english. And focussing on the positive is always a good idea :)

Justice

Postby Justice » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:57 pm

danaisirta wrote:And Justice, I have to say that the 3Js aren't really 'my cup of tea' xD That goes for most dutch music. But I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :) Racoon is quite alright, probably because they also sing in english. And focussing on the positive is always a good idea :)

Hahaha, most people my age don't like tje 3js much. I guess that's another thing I'm weird about :D
I like racoon too! 3js also sing in english, but they mostly sing dutch. I always like the english songs better. Maybe because I like english more as a language. Don't know why that is :p
Dutch is soo, I don't know, ordinary :p

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:20 am

Making it to where all the latest posts are mine, just because
Hi, mac!

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:35 am

Foolin' with that thing I made

I maed dis :Cowbow:

Hi, mac!

Lorn

Postby Lorn » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:37 pm

Sitting down to write an essay outline. I have a whole afternoon to pass until I can interact with equipment instead of people.

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:21 am

Gettin' certified to sell booze in the State of Texas. It is super boring and tedious, and reminds me a lot of the courses I had to do to get my extra (non-basic) Houston Area Safety Counsel certifications
Hi, mac!

Justice

Postby Justice » Mon May 12, 2014 4:02 pm

HI!

Snowcrow

Postby Snowcrow » Tue May 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Justice wrote:HI!

HI!

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Wed May 14, 2014 4:23 am

Right now, I'm feeding my ginger addiction
Hi, mac!

Lucent

Postby Lucent » Wed May 14, 2014 10:35 am

On a 5-minute break before I continue my exam revision.

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Sat May 17, 2014 8:36 am

Getting stuff together for a camping trip; I'm so glad my buddy is bringing a camper, as I do not think I could manage sleeping on the ground on a bedroll in my current super-messed-up condition
Hi, mac!

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:14 pm

Readin' creepy shit
Hi, mac!

Mads
MBTI code: ISTP

Postby Mads » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:58 pm

going to bed. bye

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:20 am

Drinking absurd amounts of fluids, because I feel oddly dehydrated
Hi, mac!

Snowcrow

Postby Snowcrow » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:13 am

Trying to find something to do.

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:35 am

Snowcrow wrote:Trying to find something to do.

Trying to think of something for Snowcrow to do
Hi, mac!

Lazuli5000

Postby Lazuli5000 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:11 am

Sitting in my apartment in party town and hearing people say "wooooo" outside until 4am. Wondering what its like to be able to yell "wooooo" and mean it.

fufufu

Postby fufufu » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 am

Surfing on this forum, then I wanna read.

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:48 am

Eating a bunch of pistachio pudding. Soooooooo good

Looks like green mayonnaise, though
Hi, mac!

Lasair

Postby Lasair » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:39 pm

I am avoiding sleep and hoping my tummy settled itself soon....oh and listening to Sterophonics

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:03 am

Hydrocodone, playin' with the cat
Hi, mac!

fufufu

Postby fufufu » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:02 am

Since I ca only do one thing at a time, I'm surfing on the internet, especially posting a few posts on Introvert Island.

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:25 am

fufufu wrote:Since I ca only do one thing at a time, I'm surfing on the internet, especially posting a few posts on Introvert Island.

You should do this every day, as many times as possible

Everyone POST
Hi, mac!

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:45 am

Signing up for a dating site for introverted folk

EDIT: Neat, there are members in my town
Hi, mac!

Return to “General”