The Rant Thread.

Talk about anything general that doesn't fit into any other category.
ksblazer
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:32 pm

The Rant Thread.

Postby ksblazer » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm another one that can care less about phones and the way scociety is with them.

Why do people feel the need to share their phone conversations so much? I don't care to hear them. Not while waiting in the grocery line, when I'm tying to have a conversation with them, riding on the bus, middle of a meeting at work, while I'm eating at a resteraunt, in the movie theatere?

Another annoying thing is when I'm trying to have a conversation and they get a text. Then you get the wait a minute. I got to answer this text. Then the phone rings 3 to 4 times and they spend 5-10 min texting abck and forth. Then want to tell me about the conversation they just had with them.

User avatar
Annie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:24 pm
MBTI code: INFJ
Gender: Female
Contact:

The Rant Thread.

Postby Annie » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:12 pm

Headache
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:42 pm
Gender: Male
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia
Contact:

The Rant Thread.

Postby Kurtis » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:55 am

ksblazer wrote:I'm another one that can care less about phones and the way scociety is with them.

Why do people feel the need to share their phone conversations so much? I don't care to hear them. Not while waiting in the grocery line, when I'm tying to have a conversation with them, riding on the bus, middle of a meeting at work, while I'm eating at a resteraunt, in the movie theatere?

Another annoying thing is when I'm trying to have a conversation and they get a text. Then you get the wait a minute. I got to answer this text. Then the phone rings 3 to 4 times and they spend 5-10 min texting abck and forth. Then want to tell me about the conversation they just had with them.

:D Or, you're in an important meeting or in the middle of a discussion with someone, and then for the first time ever, your phone goes off!

Hasn't happened that frequently thankfully, but I always get slightly embarrassed and fumble to turn it off on the occasions it does.

User avatar
Justwatching
Senior Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:53 pm
MBTI code: INTJ

The Rant Thread.

Postby Justwatching » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:34 pm

My mother coughing. She takes the deepest breath she can, then coughs in the loudest, most obnoxious and dramatic way possible. Doesn't cover her mouth or even turn away - she'll cough AT you. It's disgusting. She's a typhoid mary.

User avatar
Orientalist
Senior Member
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:17 pm
MBTI code: ISFJ
Gender: Male

The Rant Thread.

Postby Orientalist » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:01 am

I think mobile phones annoy a lot of people. I went to see Interstellar the other day and someone a few rows in front of me looked at their mobile roughly every 5 minutes. I've seen the same behaviour at classical music concerts too.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:42 pm
Gender: Male
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia
Contact:

The Rant Thread.

Postby Kurtis » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:12 am

Orientalist wrote:I think mobile phones annoy a lot of people. I went to see Interstellar the other day and someone a few rows in front of me looked at their mobile roughly every 5 minutes. I've seen the same behaviour at classical music concerts too.

That's the definition of a short attention span right there.

User avatar
Orientalist
Senior Member
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:17 pm
MBTI code: ISFJ
Gender: Male

The Rant Thread.

Postby Orientalist » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:18 am

SandWshooter wrote:Pinched nerve is giving me trouble again, for the first time in a while :evil:


I have two different types of neuralgia. Difficult to sleep at times.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

User avatar
Orientalist
Senior Member
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:17 pm
MBTI code: ISFJ
Gender: Male

The Rant Thread.

Postby Orientalist » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:27 am

Kurtis wrote:That's the definition of a short attention span right there.


Yeah. Plus lack of consideration for others.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

User avatar
Daisy
Senior Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 am
MBTI code: ISFP
Gender: Female

The Rant Thread.

Postby Daisy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:13 am

My rant is making posts and getting no replies, whether I'm agreed with or not, some feedback would be nice. :)

User avatar
Orientalist
Senior Member
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:17 pm
MBTI code: ISFJ
Gender: Male

The Rant Thread.

Postby Orientalist » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:17 am

Daisy wrote:My rant is making posts and getting no replies, whether I'm agreed with or not, some feedback would be nice. :)


Yes, this is a bit discouraging.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

User avatar
Daisy
Senior Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 am
MBTI code: ISFP
Gender: Female

The Rant Thread.

Postby Daisy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:37 am

Thanks for your reply. :happy:

User avatar
SandWshooter
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 pm
MBTI code: ISTJ
Gender: Male
Contact:

The Rant Thread.

Postby SandWshooter » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:00 am

Daisy wrote:Thanks for your reply. :happy:



This is also a reply, and from a moderator, too




I'm here to tell you to post more
Hi, mac!

User avatar
Daisy
Senior Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 am
MBTI code: ISFP
Gender: Female

The Rant Thread.

Postby Daisy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:50 am

Hi, considering the fact that I'm new here, I have made a few posts, usually with no feedback, it is discouraging. I realize that in the real World we are introverted, but here we can be more open. It will take awhile for me to read through all the threads on here, I will try to post more. Please tell me how to add smilies to my posts.

User avatar
SandWshooter
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 pm
MBTI code: ISTJ
Gender: Male
Contact:

The Rant Thread.

Postby SandWshooter » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:33 am

Daisy wrote:Hi, considering the fact that I'm new here, I have made a few posts, usually with no feedback, it is discouraging. I realize that in the real World we are introverted, but here we can be more open. It will take awhile for me to read through all the threads on here, I will try to post more. Please tell me how to add smilies to my posts.


Don't "quick reply", and there will be a little thing full of smilies


I dunno why, but it's been a little quiet the past few days; we aren't really super active or high traffic, so it might take a little while to get replies
Hi, mac!

User avatar
Daisy
Senior Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 am
MBTI code: ISFP
Gender: Female

The Rant Thread.

Postby Daisy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Something that really annoys me this time of year, It's Christmas time, and all I hear is Happy Holidays, or the Holiday Season. :roll:

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:42 pm
Gender: Male
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia
Contact:

The Rant Thread.

Postby Kurtis » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:12 pm

Daisy wrote:Something that really annoys me this time of year, It's Christmas time, and all I hear is Happy Holidays, or the Holiday Season. :roll:

:D Meh, I just say 'happy Christmas' or 'Merry Christmas.' Sod political correctness.

User avatar
Daisy
Senior Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 am
MBTI code: ISFP
Gender: Female

The Rant Thread.

Postby Daisy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:19 pm

Kurtis wrote::D Meh, I just say 'happy Christmas' or 'Merry Christmas.' Sod political correctness.





I'm glad that you agree. :happy:

User avatar
Daisy
Senior Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 am
MBTI code: ISFP
Gender: Female

The Rant Thread.

Postby Daisy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:34 am

Another rant, WHERE IS EVERYONE? :?:

User avatar
Orientalist
Senior Member
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:17 pm
MBTI code: ISFJ
Gender: Male

The Rant Thread.

Postby Orientalist » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:49 am

Well, I just acquired an extreme extrovert girlfriend, so I have no time to think, let alone post on web forums. Why does she have to call me every half hour and expect an hour of small-talk... ? :-(
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

User avatar
Daisy
Senior Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 am
MBTI code: ISFP
Gender: Female

The Rant Thread.

Postby Daisy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:04 am

Good luck, Been there, done that, enjoy her while it lasts.

User avatar
SandWshooter
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 pm
MBTI code: ISTJ
Gender: Male
Contact:

The Rant Thread.

Postby SandWshooter » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:54 pm

Daisy wrote:Another rant, WHERE IS EVERYONE? :?:


Right

behind

you
Hi, mac!

User avatar
Daisy
Senior Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 am
MBTI code: ISFP
Gender: Female

The Rant Thread.

Postby Daisy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:36 am

That's funny, I don't see you.

User avatar
SandWshooter
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 pm
MBTI code: ISTJ
Gender: Male
Contact:

The Rant Thread.

Postby SandWshooter » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Daisy wrote:That's funny, I don't see you.


I am a wizard, so you can't see me
Hi, mac!

ruberbandman9
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:23 pm

The Rant Thread.

Postby ruberbandman9 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:05 pm

I swear, my brother is actively trying to make my family's life miserable. All he does is sit around and waste money on useless garbage. He overreacts at any criticism said to him, but is fine with treating others like sh*t for no reason. He doesn't respect anybody's belongings and will steal or break anything he feels like. The worst part is that he's twenty one years old and is perpetually in college so I'll have to deal with his bullsh*t for another few years. When will he grow up and get out of my f*cling life already? Jesus Christ.

User avatar
SandWshooter
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 pm
MBTI code: ISTJ
Gender: Male
Contact:

The Rant Thread.

Postby SandWshooter » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:10 pm

ruberbandman9 wrote:I swear, my brother is actively trying to make my family's life miserable. All he does is sit around and waste money on useless garbage. He overreacts at any criticism said to him, but is fine with treating others like sh*t for no reason. He doesn't respect anybody's belongings and will steal or break anything he feels like. The worst part is that he's twenty one years old and is perpetually in college so I'll have to deal with his bullsh*t for another few years. When will he grow up and get out of my f*cling life already? Jesus Christ.



Sell him to gypsies
Hi, mac!

Hanarchy
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:23 pm

The Rant Thread.

Postby Hanarchy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:45 pm

The past few months have been so stressful there's rarely a time I don't ave something to rant about!

This thread is perfect.

There is one little thing (amongst other things) that is niggling me right now. The fact that when I plug my headphones into my laptop the sounds continue to play out loud too. It plays perfectly in the actual headphones but can also hear it through the laptop's built in speakers at the same time.

This evening I seriously need working headphones. As per usual there is a guest in my flat that I have no idea when on earth he is going to leave, well that's if he is going home tonight. All I can really do is just shove in my headphones, crank up the volume and pretend he's not there.

This guy thinks mine and my boyfriend's home is a hotel or something I swear. He seems to think it is acceptable to just show up at the door and freakin stay until HE feels like HE wants to leave, Regardless of whether he is welcome or not. I have a feeling that he is unable to even process the concept of over-staying one's welcome.

Anyway sorry guys, I'm still bangin on about this same matter I made a thread about a few weeks back.

User avatar
Daisy
Senior Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 am
MBTI code: ISFP
Gender: Female

The Rant Thread.

Postby Daisy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:52 pm

That's weird that your headphones work like that, is your laptop microphone turned off?

As for your unwelcome guest, I sympathize with you. I hate it when it happens to me.

Hanarchy
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:23 pm

The Rant Thread.

Postby Hanarchy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:09 pm

Daisy wrote:That's weird that your headphones work like that, is your laptop microphone turned off?

As for your unwelcome guest, I sympathize with you. I hate it when it happens to me.


It only recently started doing this. I'll have to find out if the microphone is on or off as I'm not sure. I was messing about with settings the other day so might have accidentally changed it.

User avatar
SandWshooter
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 pm
MBTI code: ISTJ
Gender: Male
Contact:

The Rant Thread.

Postby SandWshooter » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:49 am

Hanarchy wrote:The past few months have been so stressful there's rarely a time I don't ave something to rant about!

This thread is perfect.

There is one little thing (amongst other things) that is niggling me right now. The fact that when I plug my headphones into my laptop the sounds continue to play out loud too. It plays perfectly in the actual headphones but can also hear it through the laptop's built in speakers at the same time.

This evening I seriously need working headphones. As per usual there is a guest in my flat that I have no idea when on earth he is going to leave, well that's if he is going home tonight. All I can really do is just shove in my headphones, crank up the volume and pretend he's not there.

This guy thinks mine and my boyfriend's home is a hotel or something I swear. He seems to think it is acceptable to just show up at the door and freakin stay until HE feels like HE wants to leave, Regardless of whether he is welcome or not. I have a feeling that he is unable to even process the concept of over-staying one's welcome.

Anyway sorry guys, I'm still bangin on about this same matter I made a thread about a few weeks back.


Tell that guy to get off your property
Hi, mac!

User avatar
SandWshooter
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 pm
MBTI code: ISTJ
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Rant Thread.

Postby SandWshooter » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:12 pm

I'm pretty sure this mind numbing accounting homework is bad for my soul
Hi, mac!

User avatar
Annie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:24 pm
MBTI code: INFJ
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: The Rant Thread.

Postby Annie » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:22 am

:thinking: getting nowhere
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

BlackDragon
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:27 pm

Re: The Rant Thread.

Postby BlackDragon » Sat May 09, 2015 1:52 pm

Didn't go to the dentist for several years because, despite my bachelor's degree, all I could find for work was fast food.

Low paying job + high cost of dental work = no going to the damn dentist. Makes sense?

Finally get to the dentist the other day because a tooth is bothering me.

Dentist finds several cavities and proceeds to talk down to me like a child.

I have an anxiety attack in the dentist chair because 1) dental stuff sucks and 2) the dentist had lectured me like I'm a third grader.

Dentist and I have a long. talk. about how -I- will allow further appointments to proceed. She may have looked into my mouth and saw dollar signs, but I sure as hell am not going to be prancing my happy butt to her office every other week so she can bleed me dry. Especially after she treated me like a naughty damn puppy. Damn, I am paying her - how about doing a little kissing up to the customer????

In a way I'm happy for my anxiety attacks. It helps me to realize "hey, this situation is messed up and not healthy for me. I need to gain a little more control or leave." As an introvert, I'm so used to believing it's -me- that's the problem and I probably let too many people walk all over me.

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:42 pm
Gender: Male
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia
Contact:

Re: The Rant Thread.

Postby Kurtis » Sat May 09, 2015 3:53 pm

BlackDragon wrote:Didn't go to the dentist for several years because, despite my bachelor's degree, all I could find for work was fast food.

Low paying job + high cost of dental work = no going to the damn dentist. Makes sense?

Finally get to the dentist the other day because a tooth is bothering me.

Dentist finds several cavities and proceeds to talk down to me like a child.

I have an anxiety attack in the dentist chair because 1) dental stuff sucks and 2) the dentist had lectured me like I'm a third grader.

Dentist and I have a long. talk. about how -I- will allow further appointments to proceed. She may have looked into my mouth and saw dollar signs, but I sure as hell am not going to be prancing my happy butt to her office every other week so she can bleed me dry. Especially after she treated me like a naughty damn puppy. Damn, I am paying her - how about doing a little kissing up to the customer????

In a way I'm happy for my anxiety attacks. It helps me to realize "hey, this situation is messed up and not healthy for me. I need to gain a little more control or leave." As an introvert, I'm so used to believing it's -me- that's the problem and I probably let too many people walk all over me.


I would think about going to a different dentist in your position and getting a second opinion on the 'problems' she has found, especially if you suspect her eyes might have rolled with dollar-signs in them.

I did like your phrase 'how about a little kissing up to the customer' :lol:

User avatar
Justwatching
Senior Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:53 pm
MBTI code: INTJ

Re: The Rant Thread.

Postby Justwatching » Sat May 09, 2015 11:32 pm

BlackDragon wrote:In a way I'm happy for my anxiety attacks. It helps me to realize "hey, this situation is messed up and not healthy for me. I need to gain a little more control or leave." As an introvert, I'm so used to believing it's -me- that's the problem and I probably let too many people walk all over me.


I totally agree...in theory. In practice, I find anxiety makes me freeze-up and lose my articulation, so gaining control of the situation goes out the window. Leaving isn't always practical, and if I do, my self-esteem will suffer for letting them walk over me unchallenged. I struggle with these scenarios.

BlackDragon
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:27 pm

Re: The Rant Thread.

Postby BlackDragon » Mon May 11, 2015 8:35 pm

Kurtis wrote:
I would think about going to a different dentist in your position and getting a second opinion on the 'problems' she has found, especially if you suspect her eyes might have rolled with dollar-signs in them.

I did like your phrase 'how about a little kissing up to the customer' :lol:


I just cancelled my next appointment and made an appointment at a new place. I did some research on the first place this weekend and decided that I needed a second opinion.

danaisirta
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:34 pm
MBTI code: ISTJ
Gender: Female

Re: The Rant Thread.

Postby danaisirta » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:25 pm

I'm disappointed. I am someone who is always honest and open once you genuinely talk with me (not the average small talk). In general I cannot lie and always just am who I am. I am very introverted so most of the time, in groups of people, that means I'm quiet. So being able to be completely myself around someone and being able to express my thoughts, is for me 'as good as it gets'. It is the most valuable thing for me in a friendship or relationship. But I've found I am quite alone in that. I had a friendship like that, but the other didn't care as much and let it go. Even though at the time he said several times he had the greatest times with me, and that he's never been able to be so himself as with me. And never talked as much as with me. (Same was true for me) But I guess that not so important to other people. Maybe they just want as much friends as possible, to feel important or whatever. In general I feel like people don't value honesty as much as I do. So yeah that's my rant. I do wonder what you guys think / experience.

User avatar
SandWshooter
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 pm
MBTI code: ISTJ
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Rant Thread.

Postby SandWshooter » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Mail him a glitter bomb
Hi, mac!

danaisirta
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:34 pm
MBTI code: ISTJ
Gender: Female

Re: The Rant Thread.

Postby danaisirta » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback SandWshooter :)
Last edited by danaisirta on Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
SandWshooter
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 pm
MBTI code: ISTJ
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: The Rant Thread.

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:00 am

I recommend, highly, you talk to someone about those thoughts, someone that will help you. You don't need people like that guy around you right now, only makes things worse
Hi, mac!

User avatar
Justwatching
Senior Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:53 pm
MBTI code: INTJ

Re: The Rant Thread.

Postby Justwatching » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:20 pm

danaisirta wrote:Several times I told him different ways of how I saw myself dying, how I fantasized about it.


You need professional help, not chit-chat with a friend.

danaisirta wrote:I am still a bit reluctant to think if he really was a dick. But I think he is. Right?


I don't know him, so...


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests