All About Work

Talk about things related to careers or working.
Molly
MBTI code: ISFJ

All About Work

Postby Molly » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:55 pm

I figured since High School / College / Failing to Find Work had been covered, that I would do a *Work* section. I'm interested in what you do at the moment if you have a job. If you aren't currently working, what would you LIKE to do? ie, a dream job, or finding work in the field that you qualified in. Is it what you expected, or are you looking to change career?

:rudeawakening:

As for me, well I have done many different things, and have various qualifications in different things. But my dream job was to be a photographer for National Geographic magazine. Nope - didn't happen! At the time of writing, I am not working, but concentrating on some creative work that (hopefully) will bring in some pocket money.

So what about you?
All my best ideas happen when I sleep.

Snowcrow
MBTI code: INTJ

All About Work

Postby Snowcrow » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm have a little over one year left before I graduate with a bachelor in economics.
I worked part time last year, but I quit when I moved to a different part of town.
Didn't bother getting a new job because I didn't like the last one. It was really annoying how the boss and coworkers always wanted me to cover more shifts. I'd like some free time too. Not just school and work.

I don't have a dream jobb, to be honest. I just want to do something interesting and make good money. I find economics interesting, so hopefully I'll like working in the field.

Free time is very important to me.
I don't understand the people who work all the time. I mean sure you get more money, but is it really worth sacrificing all that free time just to get more stuff?

Kaspi
MBTI code: INTJ

All About Work

Postby Kaspi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:59 pm

In 5 months, I hope to graduate with a master´s degree (or whatever it´s called) in econometrics. I don´t like the subject much, which is a problem, of course.

I don´t have any plans or a dream job, I just hope I will find something reasonable. I think it´ll be hard, because compared to the other people from my school, who I consider overmotivated and who have given up all free time to work while studying, the hiring squads will probably recognize that it´s not my goal to climb forever and give up everything for the job. All I want is something nice, that I wouldn´t find annoying with a reasonable salary.

Just like Snowcrow said, free time is important for me too. I don´t see the point of making money without having time or energy to spend them.

LoneApothecary
MBTI code: INTP

All About Work

Postby LoneApothecary » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:23 pm

Well, since I don't want to keep freeloading, I suppose I'm going to have to look for a job soon. I'm particularly interested in working at a museum near where I live. I think I could get some enjoyment out of that. Luckily enough, it seems that my family know someone who may be able to get me some more information about getting a job at one of the local museums, so who knows.

My dream would be to become a full-time author, but that dream may be a little lofty.
"By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains fall out."

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

All About Work

Postby SandWshooter » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:09 pm

I just got a job at the local Target, in their electronics department. I was really surprised I was even able to find a job; for quite a while there were barely any to be had
Hi, mac!

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

All About Work

Postby Kurtis » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:34 pm

SandWshooter wrote:I just got a job at the local Target, in their electronics department. I was really surprised I was even able to find a job; for quite a while there were barely any to be had

Congratulations, good luck!

SandWshooter

All About Work

Postby SandWshooter » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm still waiting to hear back from Target about when I'm supposed to go to employee orientation
Hi, mac!

HarryPagetFlashman

All About Work

Postby HarryPagetFlashman » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:51 pm

The wife and I are living on 4 retirement checks and her income from a full time job. I have been looting the life savings and spending it frivolously trying to get ahead of the Zimbabwesque inflation that is surely coming. I never knew spending money could be so difficult. My job is to buy stuff we don't need but not in duplicates.

Blink

All About Work

Postby Blink » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:37 am

I didn't work for a looong time so since the economy is not so great here my friend got me a job working quality in a factory. I really really love it. No dealing with people and small talk. Good amount of moving and relaxing. Never bored. But it's a job meaning the pay isn't something to live off of.

Hoping to find a job in a hospital pharmacy very soon. Just a few weeks away from taking my certification exam.

And that should tie me over til I slowly finish this school to have a degree in History. I'd like to use it to become an archivist...the ultimate introvert job!! :D

SandWshooter

All About Work

Postby SandWshooter » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Target never got back to me so I tried to get a job in the office at a furniture store, but I didn't get that one, either
Hi, mac!

SandWshooter

All About Work

Postby SandWshooter » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:47 am

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get hired
Hi, mac!

SandWshooter

All About Work

Postby SandWshooter » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:33 am

SandWshooter wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm going to get hired

Got hired; today was my first day, and I spent most of the time I wasn't reading training stuff in a huge ass freezer
Hi, mac!

Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

All About Work

Postby Annie » Sat May 17, 2014 9:16 pm

I don't like this thread :(
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

SandWshooter

All About Work

Postby SandWshooter » Sat May 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Annie wrote:I don't like this thread :(

BURN IT DOWN
Hi, mac!

Annie

All About Work

Postby Annie » Sat May 17, 2014 9:29 pm

BURN IT DOWN[/quote]

:violin: *tiniest violin*
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

Annie

All About Work

Postby Annie » Thu May 22, 2014 2:27 pm

I have an interview next week for a cleaning job. It is 3 hours a week!

I hope it's on one day rather than 3 split shifts!
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

chevygirl
MBTI code: INFP

All About Work

Postby chevygirl » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:15 pm

I work at a title company. Not what I saw myself doing but it is a great job for now. Also not something I want to do forever. It can get really boring sitting at a desk all day. I would like to maybe become a veterinary technician someday.

nicoclone

Re: All About Work

Postby nicoclone » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:34 am

I work as a math teacher at my father's education center now.. i let my mom handling the parent though.. i have dream to become a successful game developer someday
Last edited by nicoclone on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Postby Daisy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:55 am

nicoclone wrote:I work as a teacher at my own education center now.. i let my mom handling the parent though.. i have dream to become a successful game developer someday

Keep your dream alive, and it can become a reality. :)

nicoclone

Postby nicoclone » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:34 am

Thanks Daisy, I have also make threads Ask for Advice, maybe there are some users here that can give me advice or guidance to become game developer

Return to “Careers and Work”