Is Your Introversion a Plus at Work?

Talk about things related to careers or working.
MrCawfle
MBTI code: INTJ
Facebook: Nimrod Funk

Is Your Introversion a Plus at Work?

Postby MrCawfle » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:30 am

So I had this horridly social job. Okay, I work in corrections. I was forced to work an hour a day for free. On top of this, inmates from road-crew hounded me on the parking lot, asking for favors. Grrrrr.....Totally social...every second of every day.

Being a former printer, I switched agencies. Now I approve almost every sheet of paper that gets printed with state funds. The other day we were printing our flagship book. Everybody was pumped. They were PRINTING IT, MAN!! I checked it carefully and found an error...."stop...the...presses...the...governor's name is misspelled." I "meowed" once and the dogs were forced to stop barking.

This is what a quiet voice, backed by reason can do.

;)

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Re: Is Your Introversion a Plus at Work?

Postby Daisy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:16 am

Good for you, accepting who you are. I hope you're happier in this job.

MrCawfle
MBTI code: INTJ
Facebook: Nimrod Funk

Postby MrCawfle » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:22 am

Oh, so happy. I feel like I won the lottery.

DrHandy
MBTI code: ISTP

Postby DrHandy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:31 am

Sounds like a great job for you. Nice!

My job is nothing special, just an after-school job at as a cashier at a drug store. Living in a small town with a lot of old people, there are plenty of times when I have to talk to people and say more than "Here's your change" and "Debit or Credit". Oh well, I guess I'm getting used to it, but some of my co-workers are just too chatty.

QuietMo

Postby QuietMo » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:19 pm

MrCawfle wrote:Oh, so happy. I feel like I won the lottery.

If only we could all have that luck!

I work as a receptionist in a sales office. My attention to detail is a plus but I'm surrounded by people who have to be extroverted all day! I'm a great listener too so that's helpful when a customer calls to ask for help and I can guide them to the person who can most help them with their situation but so much energy is expended all day that when I get home all I want to do is crawl under the covers and rest. Unfortunately, I can't. I have a teenager that likes spending time with me and I won't say no to her (my mother used to do that to me when I was a kid and it really screwed me up - I have mommy issues).

I'm working on getting a Master's Degree and hopefully it will take me out of this job and into something I've always wanted to do, even if my dream job is heavy on customer service I'd rather be there than here.

AliciaB

Postby AliciaB » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:17 am

I'm a baker. I get to work by myself. Listen to my own music and do my own thing. As long as the bake looks good in the morning that's all they care about. I love it!!

michaelgregoryii

Postby michaelgregoryii » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:01 am

I'm an IT Manager, so I have to force myself into the, "Customer Support," and "Management" department. I personally don't enjoy it that much and just want to quit so I can become a writer, but the pay is pretty decent and it does help with my socializing skills. But I'm still working for a way to get out of that job and just work for myself.

nicoclone

Postby nicoclone » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:10 am

well, i am working as a middle school teacher at education center. i teach math there. so, i have to interact with a lot of kids. is it really true that introverts is good at handling kids? i heard about it in another threads.

DC1346

Postby DC1346 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:19 pm

I'm a chef instructor and my introversion arises from the fact that I'm also autistic.

I like teaching because school law as well as district and school policy provide the artificial constraints I need by establishing the legal and moral parameters within which I work. Since I am very structured, the imposition of this structure with strict expectations on student behavior and learning makes it relatively easy for me to work with students.

My autism and my introversion have gifted me with incredible focus and from from 5 AM (since I need kitchen prep time) to 4 PM when I get off work, I'm very much "nose to grind stone."

Return to “Careers and Work”