What was your best job ever?

Talk about things related to careers or working.
RichTales

Postby RichTales » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:36 am

I worked in restaurants most of my school years. In my senior year of high school I was night manager at a popular restaurant near a university.

I went into the Air Force right out of high school and was in a small outfit (USAF Combat Control) for almost seven years.

I got out and joined my hometown police department for two years.

I got tired of low pay and got into car sales and sales management for 15 years. It made enough to put my wife through college and save a bundle. So, we moved to Florida and I took a year off to try to make a living at my life's hobby, writing. I made a little and, along with tons of poems and short stories, wrote three teen books. But it wasn't enough to live on so I put it back into 'hobby' status.

I then got on with the US Postal Service and retired after 20 years, five years ago.

The only job I ever got up each morning and looked forward to going to work was USAF Combat Control. I loved the adventure of it. I made Staff Sergeant and was a master parachutist, among other things. I even turned a dirt road into a runway that is now an airport! Here's a link to that airport;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anta,_Ancash

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby SandWshooter » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:08 am

Contractor during a refinery turnaround because 4 day weeks, free donuts, free lunch, and $29/hr
Hi, mac!

Justice

Postby Justice » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:07 pm

Are you sure you're an introvert :D? Lol, just kidding. You did a lot of different things, I always admire that in people. I simply do what I like and I hate changes, so I won't change if I don't have to. I'm only 25, so no long history of jobs. I used to work as a mailman (mailwoman to be exact ;)) during my time as a student. I thought that was always a fun job because I could walk around outside with music and without people , while I was making money. It does not get much better than that. I currently work as a paralegal at a court and that's just fine. My colleagues are like me, so I feel at ease and I can work alone without being called a loner.

Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Postby Orientalist » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:18 pm

I've managed to do computer-related work most of my life, and that tends to be good for introverts. I didn't like it when I was a customer support manager, though. Can you imagine that?
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Postby Daisy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:01 am

was a customer support manager, though. Can you imagine that? Dealing with the public, no way.

I was a care aide, I'd go to an elderly persons home, one on one, I enjoyed it.

Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Postby Orientalist » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:30 am

I had a period of several years when I knew more about IT support than others at the company, so I was a key person and it was fun. Later, customer expectations were higher and it became stressful.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

nicoclone

Re: What was your best job ever?

Postby nicoclone » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:17 am

i have to agree with Justice LOL since you were always changing your job since in my mind, introvert people tend to be stay long at the job they like. just see my another post about ten fact related to introvert's job.. my best job and it is my first and current job now ROFTL is becoming a middle school subject teacher at my father's education center... well, i let my mom handling their parent LOL..
i have dream to become a successful game developer.
if you are expert in game developing or at least programming, you can see my threads "Ask for advice"

Engage

Postby Engage » Tue May 31, 2016 2:35 pm

Well I'm 27. I worked briefly on contracts for a graphic design company (1 year) and did it from home. Working from home is awesome, and I was doing something that I really enjoyed: being creative.

On a side note, I worked for 6 months as a customer service agent for a branch of Bell mobility. It was a very extroverted job for an introvert, I will tell you, but when you can work from a script you don't need to worry about lack of social skills.

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Tue May 31, 2016 6:11 pm

You know, having worked in a gun store since I posted in here last, which seems like it'd be GREAT for me, it wasn't all that great. Gopher on a turnaround still wins out
Hi, mac!

Return to “Careers and Work”