Info Interview Request

Talk about things related to careers or working.
HBBG

Info Interview Request

Postby HBBG » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:41 pm

Hi. I'm an introvert with social anxiety exploring working with similar others. I'd really like to get to more insight into how other introverts think and feel, so that you can serve the community within my business development work. Please note that I'm not selling anything! This is strictly an informational interview, and of course, everything you share will be kept confidential.

Please let me know if you would be willing to do a Skype call or something like that within the next few days, to spend maybe 15-20 minutes exploring your challenges and goals. Thanks if you will.

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Info Interview Request

Postby SandWshooter » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:51 pm

Sure, just PM me. You better actually do the interviews, though, unlike the last person that wanted to interview us
Hi, mac!

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Info Interview Request

Postby Kurtis » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:57 pm

Right... in future any request of this nature MUST come through me first. I do not expect to see this for the first time in the moderation queue because I do not know who you are and what to expect from you. As such, any participation in these kind of engagements by members is completely voluntary and the forum, the owner (yours truly) and the moderation team are absolved of any responsibility. We are not middle-men, any actual correspondence of this nature must take place off the boards unless they are authorised by myself.

HBBG

Info Interview Request

Postby HBBG » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:58 pm

Understood, Kurtis. I am new around here, so didn't even think to do anything other than standard moderation. This isn't something I foresee needing to do more than once. I just realized I was making some assumptions based on myself, but don't actually know how common my own needs/concerns as an introvert/social anxiety experiencer are. So best to ask instead of assuming. I'm hoping to talk to a few people and get a clear sense of what is an attribute of being an introvert and what is just variance between one person and another. Thanks for letting me reach out here.

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Info Interview Request

Postby Kurtis » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:23 am

Thank you for your understanding and acknowledgement. I ask in this case because it can come across as spam, especially the part with interviews and I was a litle bit unsure of your intentions.

Regarding the topic at hand however, whilst you are free to talk about matters privately, we are a board dedicated to introverted people so feel free to mix and mingle regarding topics both specific to introversion and in general. There's a few members about who should be able to talk to you about social anxiety, it seems a particularly frequent problem. Have a look at threads like this one: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=188 . If you want to talk about something specific, you can also start a new one. Otherwise, welcome to the forum and I hope we can help you!

HBBG

Info Interview Request

Postby HBBG » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:33 am

Thank you for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know folks more. Given that I work from home, it's good to have more like-minded people to connect with.

HBBG

Info Interview Request

Postby HBBG » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:37 am

SandWshooter wrote:Sure, just PM me. You better actually do the interviews, though, unlike the last person that wanted to interview us

Thanks, Sandwshooter. I sent you a PM a bit ago. Still in my outbox right now, but on the way. Have a good one and hopefully we can connect this weekend.

Return to “Careers and Work”