Does anybody else ever feel this way or do this?

For discussions regarding relationships, including friends and family.
Sillygirl95

Does anybody else ever feel this way or do this?

Postby Sillygirl95 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:41 am

So I have realized that when I am going through a particularly rough time in life (break up,significant conflicts with friends or family) I require much more alone time and almost no minimal contact. Sometimes it causes more anxiety to even have my phone around as sometimes I can't help checking to see if anybody has reached out, and when they don't, even if I want to be alone. Something inside me gets emotionally hurt when I see that nobody has tried. So I have found that turning my phone off for days at a time or leaving it at work for the night of weekend seem to help. Does anybody else do something like this of feel this way?

Andromeda86

Re: Does anybody else ever feel this way or do this?

Postby Andromeda86 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:35 pm

If you want some alone time then it's absolutely fine to switch off your phone and not check it. Don't be disappointed when you don't see any messages because if you need to talk to someone about your stuff -then message a friend, don't expect them to message you first.
I actually admire you a little bit -wish i could leave my phone for days, instead I check it 100 x a day making sure I didn't miss a message that never came... :D

Return to “Relationships”