Socially awkward

For discussions regarding relationships, including friends and family.
Sketchpen

Socially awkward

Postby Sketchpen » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:50 pm

I like to look at a scenario and would like to hear what others have to say. - (Introverted and socially awkward. And not interested in other peoples lives. Do not like to ask about, for example "what do they like to do? or what food they like? or are you well? " for you do not really want to know and also do not care. You consider peoples personal live non of your business, and it is boring; some say it goes in one ear and out the other. Plus you do not like to talk about yourself or your problems, you keep it all inside. Yet you are lonely but cannot over come this trait that keeps you from making friends.)

Is this scenario common, is their some thing wrong with a person like this? what are your thoughts on this matter?

swift502

Re: Socially awkward

Postby swift502 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:39 pm

Just, lol. It's common for me.

I try to be interested, and when there's someone interesting, I can actually listen to them. It all comes back to the way introverts like to lead conversations. We don't like small talk. And when you have nothing in common with people, and a discussion about life and death and philosophy and the universe isn't an option because normally you don't talk about these things because everyone's happy and not depressed and interested in sex and having a small talk, small talk can be the only option. And it can be boring.
And should you accept the loneliness feeling and try to persuade yourself that you don't need other people, or just get over it and go to parties just to realise you really want to be alone?

I'd say do what you like. If you feel lonely, speak to people. Find people you find interesting. Find people with similar interests. You're an introvert, and that's tough. Just do what you like, don't do what you don't like
I also have a social anxiety, which makes things even more interesting.

Andromeda86

Postby Andromeda86 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:39 pm

I found a solution to this- you just need to find new introverted friends that you can talk to about big things that matter in life. Or we can then just sit together in silence without feeling awkward. I am not saying it's easy to find them, it's actually difficult but keep trying. Places I meet other introverts at- hiking tours, organised group tours for solo travellers, meetup groups in your city/town.
You're not alone, most of us feel this way :) x

Nerdy

Postby Nerdy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:13 pm

Finding introvert friends is really difficult.. i wish i had at least 1 so someone can understand me but all of my frie nds are extroverts..meh..so boring..

I have to say that i can relate with you a little bit :)

There's nothing wrong with that person :) Everybody is different :)

OpheliaStevenson

Postby OpheliaStevenson » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:19 am

I have some troubles with a group of people who tease me. Now this makes me misunderstand all people. How can I deal with that group. How can I stop bending sounds and hate people.

Return to “Relationships”