Anyone out there have an extrovert s/o?

For discussions regarding relationships, including friends and family.
Telephonik

Anyone out there have an extrovert s/o?

Postby Telephonik » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:29 am

I am currently with my first ever s/o and we plan on getting married soon. I am extremely introverted, and can be by myself for days at a time, while she on the other hand loves being around other people. Needless to say, can be pretty exhausting for me. Despite this I am still happy to be with her, of course. I was just wondering if any of you out there are like this, and how it affects your relationship.

This is my first post on this forum btw. Nice to meet you all in advance! :D

oldwoman

Re: Anyone out there have an extrovert s/o?

Postby oldwoman » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:02 pm

I am married to an extrovert. We've been together for 15 years. He's not an extreme extrovert but, likes people very much. We have done a lot of compromising over the years and I have gotten him to read some stuff on introverts. It's working really well, but that could be because he's not on the extreme end of extroversion.

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Postby Daisy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:37 pm

Welcome Telephonik, I haven't had a successful relationship with an extrovert, but I know others who've had.
It will take some compromises for both of you.

Lovemyintro26

Postby Lovemyintro26 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:44 pm

Hey there,
I am new to the forum as well and I am actually a extro with an intro s/o...I've known him for about a year and it's been ups and down but lately mostly ups. We are both really sensitive and I have to remember not to drain him with my energy all the time and compromise on our time spent together. He makes a ton of effort concerning me and I can only hope I am doing my best by him. I need to understand that he needs his solo time and am thrilled when we have quiet time together, doing absolutely nothing. Since you're in a intro/extro relationship and its pretty serious, please give me your opinion on my new thread question. I just want a view from intro perspective. Thanks in advance.

Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Postby Orientalist » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:45 am

My gf is an extrovert. The relationship is difficult at times, but it's working.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

Return to “Relationships”