How to overcome the teasing

For discussions regarding relationships, including friends and family.
Kaonashi87

How to overcome the teasing

Postby Kaonashi87 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:06 pm

Hello guys, I know that a lot of you been through similar problems...as an introvert in an extra loud extrovert world. I really need your advice on how to overcome the teasing. I have lots of great friends and they're very friendly, except that the way they get friendly with each other is by pretending that they're getting at one person. They often pretend to scold one person (different person at times so nothing personal) and they're always like that...but as an introvert, it often drains me instantly. I can laugh it off, pretending that it is the funniest thing ever...but afterwards I felt drained. I don't want them to think me being over-sensitive or something...because I know very little people can understand how being yelled at by a group of people - even know it is just a joke - can be a freaking nightmare...do you guys have any tips? Thank you so much.

nicoclone

Re: How to overcome the teasing

Postby nicoclone » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:08 am

Teasing?? Lol
way to overcome teasing hmmm..
okay, i have great friends too like hardcore gamer and a bit sissy super otaku. We are always teasing each other anyway. Like when i and winson (gamer) are talking together. Albert (otaku)will teasing us with "how romantic you two! Walking together and talking" and we will reply "just do your college project. Dont disturb us!" Lol. So, what kind of teasing do you mean??? Is it the one that is hurting your pride and they just said it without considering your heart???? I can't give any solution before you give me some example of their teasing. Are you from japanese by any chance??? Why you Kaonashi never seem to online to check at your own post?? Is it that you are a busy type???

Kaonashi87

Postby Kaonashi87 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi there Nicoclone :)
LOL the teasing is like pretending to scold someone loudly in public for everyone to hear. Example, when you told them that you just been to certain place ... someone would start saying "why don't you ask us to come with you?!!" then the others would say "so you don't think we're friends! Alright then!" it's just the super loud screaming that bothers me, even though they're just playing ...I hated to be scolded and embarrassed in public, even though I kept telling myself it's just a joke ... I have my limit. No, I'm not Japanese :) hehe ... I don't checked my post for a while because I just move and needed to find new internet provider in the new area.

oldwoman

Postby oldwoman » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:28 pm

It sounds like you're embarrassed by attention. Me too. I don't think you can overcome that. It's probably just part of your nature. You'd be better off teaching your 'friends' how to treat you, then conforming to their rules.

I'm 56 years old and have been introverted all of my life. I've tried every way imaginable to change or fit in when I was younger and now I'm finally doing things the way that works best for me.

Return to “Relationships”