Shy extrovert

For discussions regarding relationships, including friends and family.
John4

Shy extrovert

Postby John4 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:14 am

So here is my story. I am an introvert like most people in here, but I am not shy (by example, I don't mind talking in front of groups of people too much). I don't mind starting conversations with strangers much. If there is too much social interactions my energy gets drained away and i then have to take a break. I try to only have introvert friends as we can understand each other's need to be alone sometimes. And hopefully, it will ont be exclusively small talk.

To the point: I met some shy extroverts (as friends. I am only talking about friendships here) thinking they were introverts, but if they only have 1-2 friends it's because that these few people are the limit of their confort zone and not because 1-2 friends is all they need. Of course, I only realize this when I get to know them better, and by then, being one of the only persons they're confortable with, they just drain all of my energy away with their extrovert vibes.

I have actually ended friendships once I realized what I just described. My only current friend is like that. And I hate being forced to keep it to small (and useless) talk

Am I the only one who this is happening to/who is realizing that?
Any tips?

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Re: Shy extrovert

Postby Daisy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:22 am

Welcome John4, I'm not sure I understand your question.

John4

Postby John4 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:19 am

Daisy wrote:Welcome John4, I'm not sure I understand your question.

I was asking if I an the only one who confuses shy extroverts for introverts and ends up in a sticky/ackward situation.

I am almost exclusively interrested in freindships with introverts as I feel extroverts just don't understand the introvert's need for free space and will never go any further than small talk (and I've tryed...)

Sorry if I don't know how to express myself, English is the 3rd language I learned. It is easy to avoid spelling mistakes, but grammar can be a bit herder to master

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Postby Daisy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:09 am

No you aren't the only one that gets confused about this.

You should read through the threads on here.

Your English is very good..

Return to “Relationships”