Forcing myself to socialize

For discussions regarding relationships, including friends and family.
kristo00

Forcing myself to socialize

Postby kristo00 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:10 pm

I have a few friends, but I don't like hanging out with them that much. I have one friend that is an introvert like me. We usually just watch a movie or something. My other friends are just too energetic for me though. I like them as people, but hanging out with them is just too exhausting
I don't socialize much. I usually stay by myself in my room watching TV shows (allthough I do work on my homework alot). I often force myself to hang out just so I won't lock myself away from reality completely.
Basically socializing feels like an actual workout for me now. I've lost complete interest in hanging out with people. All I think about when I hang out is how much I want to go back to being alone.
I talk to my friends at school. Every day after school I'm exhausted. Not from the work but from all the people. Having to socialize even more than I do at school just makes me so tired.

If I get invited to hang out by one of my friends, should I accept? Is it healthy to train up to being better at socializing or should I rest my introverted mind?

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Re: Forcing myself to socialize

Postby Daisy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:39 am

Hi, just accept invitations if you can set a time limit on them, so you can leave when you want to.

It's important to always just be yourself. :)

Kaonashi87

Postby Kaonashi87 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:53 pm

Whenever I had to socialize, I usually tried to recharge myself first...take long nap, eat chocolates, read a book and just cherished the alone time. Then I prepare myself some 'rewards' after I'm done. Made some snacks, prepare my comfiest pajamas or favorite shower gel as a 'you made it' small party for myself. When I got overwhelmed in the middle of the gathering, I think about the lovely treats waiting for me at home or something I can take home from that place. It helps me a lot :)

Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Postby Orientalist » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:14 am

Sounds like a good strategy!
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

michaelgregoryii

Postby michaelgregoryii » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:34 am

I'm actually in the same shoes as you. Besides being forced to hang out with my girlfriend or friends, I find the idea of socializing to be quite tiresome. Which brings up the importance of living near an area that's sociable.

If you live near an area that doesn't have any events or social events occurring, you'll be more reluctant to travel outside your circle just to socialize. That just means more work and effort on your behalf.

However, by living near a location that already has socialization occurring, you'll be more inclined to joining that group because it's in your traveling radius. (Which is usually a quarter of a mile if even that.)

A thing that sucks is that although we're introverts, we still need to socialize. But the idea of socializing isn't so pretty, so when he think of the idea of traveling long distance just to socialize, it prevents us from even wanting to go. But if we're already in a location that's offering it to us, we just go with the flow and see where it takes us.

tongue35

Postby tongue35 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:38 pm

^^yes you will never catch me driving a long distance simply to socialize..just not going to happen but I agree, we do need to socialize but even after so many years I still have a hard time finding a good balance..work on its own takes up all my social energy do anything I do beyond that is by forcing myself to..it gets difficult and confusing I admit..

nicoclone

Postby nicoclone » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:43 am

Whoaa hardcore introvert one lol since i'm just casual introvert lol again
i always bored when i'm going out with my family but not tired anyway. If you ask me "have you ever hang out with friend?", i will reply i never hang out with my friends since my friends is like this : hardcore gamer (like to sleeping in class) and then wapanese (abit sissy and super otaku) roftl. Sad :( i'm just has two close friends.
If you get invitation by someone to hang out, you should definitely go since i'm jealous of you lol. Silly answer you maty think. Well, my class seems to have some kind of division between rich kid, average kid, and crazy kid (like nerd (it's me), otaku, gamer, slacker, annoying guy lol)
It is best to hang out with people since you won't be invited often or maybe never will if you are already graduated from school just like me. Sad again :( I'm not using my school life to full extent since I'm just making friends when i'm at high school grade 2.lol
Can i necroposting in this forum anyway since i get banned from previous forum i registered before coming here lol

Return to “Relationships”