introvert/extrovert search on dating sites

For discussions regarding relationships, including friends and family.
scott85
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby scott85 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:20 pm

I really wish dating sites would have this. its amazing how little our temperaments are discussed on them

I for one would love to see it happen. thoughts?
Last edited by scott85 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
People that don't understand you can't help you

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

introvert/extrovert seach on dating sites

Postby Daisy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:06 am

I've never joined a dating site, but you would think for compatibility matches they would ask.

Orientalist
MBTI code: ISFJ

Postby Orientalist » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:14 am

I haven't seen it. But on some sites you can search for any word at all. So if someone describes him/herself as an introvert in their profile, it will show up on a search. But I have never seen anyone describe themselves as an introvert.
If the truth hurts, you ain't livin' right.

llw14
MBTI code: INTJ

Postby llw14 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Never seen it but with the stigma surrounding introversion, no one will admit to being one. The furthest I've gotten with this is with eH. There's an open question segment just before you get to open communication where you get to ask 3 questions and I usually ask the woman where she lands on the introvert/extrovert spectrum. Usually I get the "ambivert" answer which usually means extrovert. I've had one girl admit to being an extrovert and I vanished, :geek: . I've also mentioned being both an introvert and an INTJ before. Not sure how that affected my fortunes. It's all about the pictures mostly.

tongue35

Postby tongue35 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:23 pm

yeah when it comes to dating, most people hear the word introvert and they would probably quickly glance over you unless they themselves are introverts....people on dating sites usually always make themselves out to be the life of the party, just constantly having fun..announcing yourself as an introvert would immediately make people think you just sit around and read books all day..lol

scott85

Postby scott85 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:26 pm

tongue35 wrote:yeah when it comes to dating, most people hear the word introvert and they would probably quickly glance over you unless they themselves are introverts....people on dating sites usually always make themselves out to be the life of the party, just constantly having fun..announcing yourself as an introvert would immediately make people think you just sit around and read books all day..lol

they see introvert and they make wrongful assumptions, because most don't understand

-oh he's shy
-oh he doesn't like talking

wrong! hahaha

llw14
MBTI code: INTJ

Postby llw14 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:15 pm

Well we kinda don't like talking all that much, lol. :quiet!:

We like meaningful conversations but often it takes having to endure the small talk on the way to more meaningful topics unfortunately.

tongue35

Postby tongue35 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:08 pm

llw14 wrote:Well we kinda don't like talking all that much, lol. :quiet!:

We like meaningful conversations but often it takes having to endure the small talk on the way to more meaningful topics unfortunately.

i can enjoy meaningful conversations but yeah, in order to to them you have to wade through tons of small talk..thats the realization i have come to, if i want to make friends, im going to have to face the fact that im gonna have to endure listening to the meaningless chit chat crap they yap about..what sucks even more is when the topic of meaningful conversations comes up, most people almost cant understand where you are going with it..they are like 'huh, i dont think about those sorts of things'...but they sure do love calling me up and telling me about the new pair of gloves they just bought at menards though lol...ugghhh

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Postby Daisy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:15 pm

scott85 wrote:I really wish dating sites would have this. its amazing how little our temperaments are discussed on them

I for one would love to see it happen. thoughts?

It would help to ask how they like to spend their free time, their answers should give you a clue. I find that in any social situations, it's easy
to tell who is an introvert. Anyone who is on a team, or joins groups has got to be extroverted.

scott85

Re: introvert/extrovert search on dating sites

Postby scott85 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:10 pm

I've actually seen a couple people that know their a introvert now.. they had it in their profile

really a wonderful thing. I told this 1 girl "just wanted to say I like how you know your a introvert" and it wasn't even a date request.. I was just so happy she knew and understood it herself.

maybe one day we will be better understood.. completely understood by everyone? that I seriously doubt Lol

Annie
MBTI code: INFJ

Postby Annie » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:42 pm

I was on a dating site for friends a while ago and I decided to put my personality type on my profile. Turns out people were really interested. Should give that a try.
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

supervillin

Postby supervillin » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:14 pm

how good are your computer skills scott? maybe you have discovered a niche in the dating world that needs to be filled. create a site and get it running if you have the know how. could be a life changing dream job and a path to introverted relationship bliss, haha!

Annie

Postby Annie » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:18 am

supervillin that's a great idea!
I don't like seagulls...

Scottish INFJ

scott85

Postby scott85 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:12 pm