Just can't get anyone to leave me alone...

For discussions regarding relationships, including friends and family.
alovingmommyof3

Postby alovingmommyof3 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:41 pm

I didn't go to the introduction section to introduce myself. But I have come here because I don't know what to do. My brief history is this. I was married for 8 years and had three kids. A couple years after that ended I had a two year relationship. Then I took a four and a half year hiatus from romantic relationships. I started dating, met a few duds. I have to almost force myself to go on dates. I prefer alone time over people time. My job gives me some alone time, but it is a job. My office is mine so I don't have to share. My children are teens and somewhat understand my need to be alone. Not long ago, I bought a house with a finished basement that would be mine. I have been seeing someone sort of for ten months. This person is homeless but kind, generous, caring, etc. They work on things in my house like refinishing my cabinets (current project). They lack any independence. When I say I have physical pain so does he. When I say I am not feeling well, suddenly he isn't either. He copies my emotions sometimes too. He has no where else he is willing to go. I am willing to bet someone would let him sleep at their place sometimes. He gets angry when I want alone time. I am tired all the time, having trouble concentrating, irritable, etc. I've gotten so down, I seriously considered selling my house and taking a loss on it. I've tried sending him links to show I NEED alone time. It just frustrates him. He hates to be alone. When I am home, he has to be around me. My teens like to play video games with him or talk to him, but he HAS to be near me. I don't know if I should just run away or something. My depression from it has caused major issues with my teens. My daughter has bi-polar and my lack of ability to cope due to no recharge time incited an incident where she left for a week (she is 18 but still in high school).

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Postby Daisy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:33 pm

First, I want to say welcome. I hear your frustration. This is a very unhealthy situation for you to be in. You shouldn't have to run away. Make it clear to him that you need your privacy, he will have to leave if he doesn't respect that. You
don't need a homeless, needy, person in your life.

Return to “Relationships”