dating after divorce

For discussions regarding relationships, including friends and family.
twilight00

dating after divorce

Postby twilight00 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here I hope it is okay to post. After a nightmare 7 year marriage I am divorced. I have been almost 2 years now and have had no such luck in the dating world. Online dating has proven to be a joke for me, getting stood up, finding out they are married, etc. How do you meet people when I would rather go home and take a bath or read a book? I would very much like to meet someone but at the same time it scares the hell out of me to put myself out there all over again. I'm 27, don't really have many friends, I work full time to. Nobody that I know seems to understand how I'm feeling.

Justwatching
MBTI code: INTJ

dating after divorce

Postby Justwatching » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:44 pm

"After a nightmare 7 year marriage I am divorced"

As a guy that's been through the soul-destroying meat grinder called marriage, why are you so keen to jump back on the conveyor belt?

"Online dating has proven to be a joke"

Aint that the truth.

"How do you meet people when I would rather go home and take a bath or read a book?"

Sounds like you're happy doing your own thing, so remind me why you want a relationship? Seriously - think about it. I get the impression people make life choices, not for themselves, but just because it's 'the done thing'.

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

dating after divorce

Postby Daisy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:00 pm

Hi twilight, I'm new here too, anyway, I understand your predicament, I too was divorced and wasn't really looking for another relationship, but I found that I was meeting guys in my everyday life, is there no one at work? or in your neighbourhood? do you
have friends or family that could introduce you to anyone? I'm not at all familiar with on-line dating sites, but from the commercials
I've seen, some try to match you up with someone compatible with you, Long story short, I'm now happily re-married. Justwatching,
it is nice to have companionship.

tory1234

dating after divorce

Postby tory1234 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:10 pm

I'm in same boat. Every time I've ever gone on a date I think to myself I'm not doing that again and was so relieved when I got married. I loved wearing ring so when women tried to flirt I could tell them I was married. Now I'm going through divorce and hate idea of having to put myself back out there again.

tongue35

dating after divorce

Postby tongue35 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:46 pm

twilight00 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new here I hope it is okay to post. After a nightmare 7 year marriage I am divorced. I have been almost 2 years now and have had no such luck in the dating world. Online dating has proven to be a joke for me, getting stood up, finding out they are married, etc. How do you meet people when I would rather go home and take a bath or read a book? I would very much like to meet someone but at the same time it scares the hell out of me to put myself out there all over again. I'm 27, don't really have many friends, I work full time to. Nobody that I know seems to understand how I'm feeling.

first off, ive never been married but i know exactly what you mean when you talk about the absolute dread you feel about 'putting yourself out there' all over again...on the plus side, you are still n your 20s and trust me, thats a huge plus...im in my 30s and it is brutal trying to throw myself out there trying to meet women..they all seem so jaded and have so much baggage and they just seem like too much effort when after work, id rather just search netflix or get a workout in instead of dealing with the social aspect of dating and going out and all that..ugghh..im trying though but not having much luck at all..

i also have a lack of friends, well i have a few but they dont have much of a social circle..everyone my age seems to have found or is they are single they have 2-3 kids and just have nothing going on and want you to come in and support them..its very frustrating..i dont want or care about one night stands either so..i can only tell you what others have told me regarding this situation, u need to get out and join meetup.com and other social activities and meet new friends..again, i can already tell how you will feel after being told this as making friends for us types isnt easy..

like i said, consider yourself lucky in that you are younger and are female so men will come to you so that makes it easier..finding the right one and going through the social hurdles is the tough part though..i know all too well how difficult that is..

no, hardly anyone around you will understand the plight of an introvert in your situation..most are extroverts so its easy and enjoyable for them to get out and meet people..

tongue35

dating after divorce

Postby tongue35 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:52 pm

Justwatching wrote:"After a nightmare 7 year marriage I am divorced"

As a guy that's been through the soul-destroying meat grinder called marriage, why are you so keen to jump back on the conveyor belt?

"Online dating has proven to be a joke"

Aint that the truth.

"How do you meet people when I would rather go home and take a bath or read a book?"

Sounds like you're happy doing your own thing, so remind me why you want a relationship? Seriously - think about it. I get the impression people make life choices, not for themselves, but just because it's 'the done thing'.

well she likely is content being on her own but also wants someone she clicks with to share her life with..if she is anything like me, its only a small part of her that wants to have someone new in her life :D

i also have to admit that once i begin meeting women and talking to them that thats when the pressure comes in..the pressure to keep up socially and date and all that, i usually start to wonder pretty quickly like "what did i get myself into?"..lol the curse of an introvert can rear its ugly head at times like these..

Return to “Relationships”