That feeling when you join a group...

For discussions regarding relationships, including friends and family.
Lorn

Postby Lorn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:50 am

And are the one person who wants to explore serious topics and find meaningful common ground while everyone else is happy to goof around and make penis jokes day after day.

:sleepy:

SandWshooter
MBTI code: ISTJ

Postby SandWshooter » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:52 am

Yes, and therefore you must be removed
Hi, mac!

Lorn

Postby Lorn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:54 am

SandWshooter wrote:Yes, and therefore you must be removed

I'm removing myself!

Send me back to the cute boys who love psychology and sci-fi, please. :yes:

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:58 am

REMOVE LORN! *muffled genocide-y Serbian accordion music in background*

The dorks you are looking for are either at work or studying
Hi, mac!

Kurtis
Administrator
Administrator
Photobucket: kurtisict
Soundcloud: kurtismedia

Postby Kurtis » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm

I've been there before today lol! I usually just end up rolling my eyes and remaining quiet for the duration of the 'group event' to which everyone else at the end says I'm quiet and didn't contribute much at the 'feedback' part to which I roll my eyes again and get slightly irritated.

'But... there wasn't anything to contribute!'

Then there's the pointless group events, like 'getting together in a team and discuss what you'd do in this situation: You are all stuck in a cave, one person is injured, one is elderly, one is nearly dead, one of you is perfectly healthy. Water is pouring into the cave at a rapid speed and there isn't time to get all of you out. One of you will need to be sacrificed. What would you do?' Then the group is there going on about it and I'm just there thinking 'if this was a real situation, we would be wasting time talking about this. The exit is there, never mind deciding who goes up first just sending the bloody healthy people up to the opening and get them to find a rope or help!'

Snowcrow
MBTI code: INTJ

Postby Snowcrow » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:31 pm

I usually try to partake in the group conversation. And as a result I am usually exhausted afterward.

SandWshooter

Postby SandWshooter » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:29 am

Group conversation = have to repeat myself a lot because no one has an inside voice anymore

I'm pretty indifferent to it
Hi, mac!

llw14

Postby llw14 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:40 pm

Kurtis wrote:I've been there before today lol! I usually just end up rolling my eyes and remaining quiet for the duration of the 'group event' to which everyone else at the end says I'm quiet and didn't contribute much at the 'feedback' part to which I roll my eyes again and get slightly irritated.

'But... there wasn't anything to contribute!'

And of course this is typically followed up by how you should try to "open up" and be more like them. I don't even pay attention to this type of thing anymore. You can't please everybody. Even if you tried to be more like them, given enough time, somebody else would have something else to say about you.

Kurtis wrote:Then there's the pointless group events, like 'getting together in a team and discuss what you'd do in this situation: You are all stuck in a cave, one person is injured, one is elderly, one is nearly dead, one of you is perfectly healthy. Water is pouring into the cave at a rapid speed and there isn't time to get all of you out. One of you will need to be sacrificed. What would you do?' Then the group is there going on about it and I'm just there thinking 'if this was a real situation, we would be wasting time talking about this. The exit is there, never mind deciding who goes up first just sending the bloody healthy people up to the opening and get them to find a rope or help!'

I actually find stuff like this entertaining and get a good laugh just sitting and listening to them "brainstorm".

tongue35

Postby tongue35 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:44 pm

what kind of group are you talking about?at school or work?

yeah i work around guys all day long, we talk about pumps, valves, and then spend the rest of the time "one upping" each other..whether it comes to doing more pushups than the next guy, sleeping with more women, list goes on and on...well i try not to participate in the conversation but am somewhat forced to...by the 2nd or 3rd hour im exhausted and just bored with it...u try and introduce a somewhat interesting topic and they look at you like you are insane..

im debating on going to a friends BBQ this sunday but most of me dreads it due to what the majority of the conversation will be..u stay home and people think you are stuck up or boring but if you go you are forced to deal with the typical party talk..an introvert cannot win!

tongue35

Postby tongue35 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:52 pm

what worse though, 'penis talk' or the dreaded 'chit chat' in groups??.you know, talk that revolves around work, school, the weather etc etc?both can be downright torture and both are un-avoidable in most circumstances if you want to socialize and be part of the group.

Andy
MBTI code: INFP

Postby Andy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:29 am

tongue35 wrote:
im debating on going to a friends BBQ this sunday but most of me dreads it due to what the majority of the conversation will be..u stay home and people think you are stuck up or boring but if you go you are forced to deal with the typical party talk..an introvert cannot win!

Hah, have to deal with this sometimes too. The to go or not to go problem is another stress in itself. :idunno: :)

llw14

Postby llw14 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:57 pm

tongue35 wrote: im debating on going to a friends BBQ this sunday but most of me dreads it due to what the majority of the conversation will be..u stay home and people think you are stuck up or boring but if you go you are forced to deal with the typical party talk..an introvert cannot win!

I just spent most of the weekend camping with my SO and a lot of her friends. The friday night was ok/good. The saturday morning/afternoon was ok but by the night I was totally pooped.

The problem is that, while I liked everyone, I really see my weekend as MY time to do absolutely NOTHING. There's something I really like about not having to be anywhere or doing anything. I spend the whole week interacting so the weekend is recharge time so i feel somewhat robbed when I have weekends like this as it feels like I never actually had the weekend....the things we go through to make others happy! :violin:

tongue35

Postby tongue35 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:02 am

I just spent most of the weekend camping with my SO and a lot of her friends. The friday night was ok/good. The saturday morning/afternoon was ok but by the night I was totally pooped.

The problem is that, while I liked everyone, I really see my weekend as MY time to do absolutely NOTHING. There's something I really like about not having to be anywhere or doing anything. I spend the whole week interacting so the weekend is recharge time so i feel somewhat robbed when I have weekends like this as it feels like I never actually had the weekend....the things we go through to make others happy! :violin:

yep and then i sit back and wonder why im going through all this social effort to maintain these relationships...another problem is if i sit home too many weekends in a row, i sort of feel like im missing out so i force myself out but then quickly realize im not missing out on much at all...lol..

fufufu

Postby fufufu » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:28 am

That feeling when I join groups ? I feel totally lost and I wonder what I'm doing here, or it depends on the situation.
Some kind of people are easier to talkwith than others...

If this is not the case, if the people i'm hanging out with are so different from me, I end up disconnecting from the real world and daydreaming...
or even sometimes downright leaving the conversation, the people I hang out with.

Daisy
MBTI code: ISFP

Postby Daisy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:08 am

I don't join in any groups, I prefer one on one relationships.

Return to “Relationships”